2nd Eagles HC Poll and Discussion Thread

Outlaw

Eagles New HC  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want out of who is left?

• Joe Brady
    • Duce Staley
    • Eric Bienemy
    • Matt Eberflus
    • Brandon Staley
    • Brian Daboll
    • Ryan Day
    • Jerod Mayo
    • Josh McDaniels
    • Mike Kafka
    • Todd Bowles
    • Kellen Moore
    • Other (please post name)

This poll is closed to new votes

26 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

I have a question: Has anyone seen where Duce ASKED to be a/the head coach? Like anywhere online or in a newspaper article, or Duce himself on video, any reporter anywhere mention that Duce asked for a a HC position in the NFL/Eagles? Asking for a friend.

Not really but he did interview and unless he did it as a favor to cover their ass against any accusations of discrimination, then he was just wasting everyone’s time.  I have to think he was or is interested in advancing his career.  

3 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Dude, a week ago you were ****ing that we would hire Duce. Now you’re his advocate. I wasn’t talking about Duce’s interview. I was talking about why Bienemy hasn’t been hired anywhere yet. And McDaniels is a hack. Lol. Duce can’t even manage a RB rotation properly. McDaniels has 6 SB rings. This year Bill F’d up and went with a washed up Cam. He played the cards he was dealt. 

I’m not is advocate, but McDaniels does not deserve this opportunity at all. We agree on that so why is he the front runner. It certainly isn’t cause he deserves it. I guess he "interviews nicely though.” Who cares if he turns your franchise to crap afterwards. 

3 hours ago, Maga301 said:

Duce is competing with a bunch of guys, not just McDaniels. I know McDaniels seems like the favorite but I still wouldn’t rule out Brady or Sinnari at this point. McDaniels definitely doesn’t deserve the opportunity but ultimately if Duce doesn’t get the job, it’s because they don’t think he’s ready or qualified. This is his first HC interview but he interviewed for OC and never got the job when Doug was HC. 

Until Duce goes somewhere where he can broaden his resume, he’s going to be stuck in position coach land. 

There isn’t a bunch of guys here. This is a two or three pony show tops. The rest of these guys were fluff interviews. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m not is advocate, but McDaniels does not deserve this opportunity at all. We agree on that so why is he the front runner. It certainly isn’t cause he deserves it. I guess he "interviews nicely though.” Who cares if he turns your franchise to crap afterwards. 

I actually don’t agree. I think 10-11 years is a long time to be holding his first stint as a HC against him. I’d be ok with him getting the opening here. I think he has an innovative offensive mind, would hopefully bring Jerod Mayo to be DC, won’t put up with any crap from Carson, and walks in with instant credentials...6 rings. A lot of first time coaches fail and are more successful the second time around after maturing.  His own mentor Belichick, Pete Carroll, etc. 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/eagles-block-lions-request-interview-233247237.html

Eagles blocked the Lions request to interview Fipp. Our special teams wasn’t that great last season, but it seems like he will have a place with the new HC. 

I’d imagine they’re keeping him around until they see what their new coach wants to do. He may be retained, he may not be. 

2 hours ago, no1birdsfan said:

Gonna be Sirianni

I’d be ok with him, McDaniels or Brady. I really want Daboll but it seems he is steering clear of this opening. 

10 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I really want Daboll but it seems he is steering clear of this opening. 

Is he? Or is there not the interest in him that was perhaps expected? Did anyone request an interview with him?

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/eagles-block-lions-request-interview-233247237.html

Eagles blocked the Lions request to interview Fipp. Our special teams wasn’t that great last season, but it seems like he will have a place with the new HC. 

I’m not positive, it might be some unwritten rule in the NFL but I think teams are allowed to block their coaches if the position they are going to interview for is the same as their current position, I think it’s looked down upon to block them if it would be a promotion.

17 minutes ago, Mr_Philly said:

I’m not positive, it might be some unwritten rule in the NFL but I think teams are allowed to block their coaches if the position they are going to interview for is the same as their current position, I think it’s looked down upon to block them if it would be a promotion.

Pretty sure that’s correct. It was previously that teams only couldn’t block head coaching interviews, but now teams can’t block any kind of promotion such as position coach to coordinator. 

33 minutes ago, Mr_Philly said:

Not sure why they’re even blocking it though. I guess they still believe in Fipp, but his units were terrible last season.

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Is he? Or is there not the interest in him that was perhaps expected? Did anyone request an interview with him?

I feel I remember seeing something that he planned to focus on 2022 openings as he will be a hotter commodity and may have better choices than the Texans or Eagles. 

Not sure why they’re even blocking it though. I guess they still believe in Fipp, but his units were terrible last season.

I figure since he’s under contract, they want to keep him around in case the new HC wants him. If not, he’ll be released. Kind of crappy from his perspective but he gets paid either way. 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Poor special teams are sometimes a sign of the bottom of the roster lacking talent, or excessive turnover at the bottom of the roster.

12 hours ago, DBW said:

Not really but he did interview and unless he did it as a favor to cover their ass against any accusations of discrimination, then he was just wasting everyone’s time.  I have to think he was or is interested in advancing his career.  

I mean has Duce EVER flat out said- of his own accord, his own desire "I want a HC position here or elsewhere. I want to be a head coach in the NFL." Not "he is is next in line, he deserves it", he is this or he is that. I have never seen Duce Staley ever ask to be an NFL head coach. That part- the inner desire to be one, is pretty damn important. Duce never has wanted it from within himself. THAT disqualifies him. No desire to be one, but gets thrown into that position... equals disaster.

After some research I have changed my vote from McDaniels to Sirianni. I’m very happy with both though.

We have to make a decision today if we want Jonathan Gannon as DC.

32 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

I mean has Duce EVER flat out said- of his own accord, his own desire "I want a HC position here or elsewhere. I want to be a head coach in the NFL." Not "he is is next in line, he deserves it", he is this or he is that. I have never seen Duce Staley ever ask to be an NFL head coach. That part- the inner desire to be one, is pretty damn important. Duce never has wanted it from within himself. THAT disqualifies him. No desire to be one, but gets thrown into that position... equals disaster.

He doesn’t have to say it publicly.  And just because he hasn’t does not mean you can assume Doesn’t want it.  

My brain is telling me the likelihood ranking goes like this:

1. Duce

2. Sirianni

3. McDaniels

I still think McDaniels is absolutely the right guy if they decide to keep Wentz.

If they go full youth and start cutting/trading half the team, maybe go Sirianni.

Hiring Duce is so blah I don't know how I will feel. Probably resigned.

I think Sirianni is possibly favourite at this point. Perhaps they make Duce the OC? I know he was Assistant HC but I think most would say OC is still a step up?

1 hour ago, DBW said:

He doesn’t have to say it publicly.  And just because he hasn’t does not mean you can assume Doesn’t want it.  

Why would you HIDE it? That makes zero sense. No, if you want want something, you don't remain silent- you go after it, you lobby for it, you make it known that it's your desire. Where the he** is the logic to hide what you want, and something this important? If he wants it, go get it. And yes, you DO state it publicly to help your cause, to do otherwise shows you DON'T want it.

Holy crap!! Anyone see Dan Campbells press conference?     That dude is nuts, if he wants Fipp, Howie needs to let him go, he might show up at the Linc looking for Howie with a pair of pliers and a jar of mayonnaise.   

Breaking: NFLN has a scroll bar saying HC is Sirianni per all their insiders like Garaofolo, Rapoport and Peliserro.

Archived