2nd Eagles HC Poll and Discussion Thread

Outlaw

Eagles New HC  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want out of who is left?

• Joe Brady
    • Duce Staley
    • Eric Bienemy
    • Matt Eberflus
    • Brandon Staley
    • Brian Daboll
    • Ryan Day
    • Jerod Mayo
    • Josh McDaniels
    • Mike Kafka
    • Todd Bowles
    • Kellen Moore
    • Other (please post name)

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Genius plan

• Hire McDaniels from the Patriots
  • Lurie always wanted to be like the Patriots
  • McDaniels tells Lurie Howie doesn't do things the Patriot way, give me control
  • Howie out, McDaniels pulls a Chip
  • Lurie starts over with a real GM

Now that is really thinking outside the box, I like it!

8 minutes ago, JohnB said:

have we actually interviewed anyone yet? Seems like we have several "planned" interviews, but I'm not seeing anything that indicates we've done so already.

What?

7 minutes ago, JohnB said:

have we actually interviewed anyone yet? Seems like we have several "planned" interviews, but I'm not seeing anything that indicates we've done so already.

Yes we have. Duce was interviewed and McDaniels spent most of a day being interviewed. Salah was interviewed too.....Just to name a few.

4 minutes ago, Thrive said:

What?

Sorry, I've only been checking the NFL.com tracker. Not paying as much attention as I should be 

3 minutes ago, Thing3 said:

Yes we have. Duce was interviewed and McDaniels spent most of a day being interviewed. Salah was interviewed too.....Just to name a few.

thank you

8 minutes ago, NOTW said:

It's probably also fair to say that this number is skewed by the fact that they technically couldn't hire Doug until he was officially eliminated which was 6 days after his interview. But I think we all knew Doug would be the guy once they interviewed him the day after their wildcard win.

40 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Genius plan

• McDaniels tells Lurie Howie doesn't do things the Patriot way, give me control

So 2 seasons? Can't someone just comb through Howie's tweets or something and dig something up to speed up the firing please

28 minutes ago, NOTW said:

This I don't understand. ST has sucked lately. The only coach that should get interview requests blocked is Stoutland

43 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Genius plan

What stops Lurie from putting Howie just in the basement again thoug?

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Sorry, but that’s BS. Being qualified doesn’t always have anything to do with it. This is clearly about preference. 

I don’t think Bienemy’s color has anything to do with it. I get the sense not everyone is as lenient with his past transgressions as Andy, and maybe he doesn’t interview well. I’m an HR Manager. There are a LOT of people out there who bomb interviews. 

19 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I don’t think Bienemy’s color has anything to do with it. I get the sense not everyone is as lenient with his past transgressions as Andy, and maybe he doesn’t interview well. I’m an HR Manager. There are a LOT of people out there who bomb interviews. 

Duce didn’t "bomb” his interview according to some. It sounds like he killed it actually. He also has the support of past and current players, but he’s in a battle for the job with a guy who sucked at the job before, and bailed on his second opportunity. Tell me how that hack keeps getting opportunities when his offense basically sucked last season? 

5 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Bill lucked into Brady. How's he doing without him?

He did fine when he had jimmy g. Its only o e year without brady. 

32 minutes ago, jblah said:

He did fine when he had jimmy g. Its only o e year without brady. 

Plus a few key players sat out the season because of covid . 

Duce didn’t "bomb” his interview according to some. It sounds like he killed it actually. He also has the support of past and current players, but he’s in a battle for the job with a guy who sucked at the job before, and bailed on his second opportunity. Tell me how that hack keeps getting opportunities when his offense basically sucked last season? 

I think this is well put.  In the reports/leaks it said that Duce did really well and had a good plan and a good set of college and pro coaches for his staff.  My only concern with Duce was that he would be able to assemble a good staff and be able to keep reinvigorating it with new blood as poaching naturally happens.  I am ready to give him his shot.

Dude, a week ago you were ****ing that we would hire Duce. Now you’re his advocate. I wasn’t talking about Duce’s interview. I was talking about why Bienemy hasn’t been hired anywhere yet. And McDaniels is a hack. Lol. Duce can’t even manage a RB rotation properly. McDaniels has 6 SB rings. This year Bill F’d up and went with a washed up Cam. He played the cards he was dealt. 

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

Dude, a week ago you were ****ing that we would hire Duce. Now you’re his advocate. I wasn’t talking about Duce’s interview. I was talking about why Bienemy hasn’t been hired anywhere yet. And McDaniels is a hack. Lol. Dude can’t even manage a RB rotation properly. McDaniels has 6 SB rings. This year Bill F’d up and went with a washed up Cam. He played the cards he was dealt. 

I am not convinced Duce really has control over the RB rotation like we think he does.  I know Pederson said it but they always double speak.  My understanding based on the Reid coaching style is they match personnel to particular plays/packages for people.  That is an overall philosophy.  So when Pederson is calling plays and that stuff changes then those packages and groupings dictate heavily who goes into the game.  I don't think Duce is just picking when to put people in and out.  Duce may be aligning his RB to those plays and packages and so he "owns the RB rotation".

9 minutes ago, mihailo said:

I get why other teams didn't take Duce as HC, but has he ever been considered for the OC position anywhere?

He reportedly was in Philly after the SB and turned it down.

Duce is competing with a bunch of guys, not just McDaniels. I know McDaniels seems like the favorite but I still wouldn’t rule out Brady or Sinnari at this point. McDaniels definitely doesn’t deserve the opportunity but ultimately if Duce doesn’t get the job, it’s because they don’t think he’s ready or qualified. This is his first HC interview but he interviewed for OC and never got the job when Doug was HC. 

Until Duce goes somewhere where he can broaden his resume, he’s going to be stuck in position coach land. 

If duce brought anything different to the offense as assistant hc

Then why did they bring in that committe

I think he deserves a little of the blame besides doug

32 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Dude, a week ago you were ****ing that we would hire Duce.

I wasn't big on him either. But with the alternative choice? I'm team Duce. 

I have a question: Has anyone seen where Duce ASKED to be a/the head coach? Like anywhere online or in a newspaper article, or Duce himself on video, any reporter anywhere mention that Duce asked for a a HC position in the NFL/Eagles? Asking for a friend.

Archived