2nd Eagles HC Poll and Discussion Thread

Outlaw

Eagles New HC  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want out of who is left?

• Joe Brady
    • Duce Staley
    • Eric Bienemy
    • Matt Eberflus
    • Brandon Staley
    • Brian Daboll
    • Ryan Day
    • Jerod Mayo
    • Josh McDaniels
    • Mike Kafka
    • Todd Bowles
    • Kellen Moore
    • Other (please post name)

This poll is closed to new votes

My question really isn't who I want to coach (Brian Daboll, Joe Brady). My question is what coach looks at this mess of an org and even wants to come here to be a marionette puppet, with the Lurie_Howie two headed monster pulling their strings? All the good coaches will pass on it. We'll get a yes-man scrub. I hope to God I am wrong here. Would YOU want to become Lurie and Howie's next puppet? Would you want to try to resolve the QB issue that has nothing to do with you, but now it's YOUR mess to clean up? 

Philly used to be a highly respected desirable org to work for. Thanks to what the Lurie_Howie two headed monster has done the last 3 years in particular, nobody wants to come here. You think players around the league want to come here now? The only hope is:

1. New, good ownership
 2. Lurie and Howie see the error of their ways, humble themselves and run the org the right way.

If I hold my breath while praying for the 2nd choice to happen, I might open up my eyes in heaven before I'm done praying....

Still don’t want any one from the Reid tree, but at the end of the day, their hire is going to likely be who can play nice with Howie, so it’s likely going to be Duce or Kafka. 

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Still don’t want any one from the Reid tree, but at the end of the day, their hire is going to likely be who can play nice with Howie, so it’s likely going to be Duce or Kafka. 

And we will have to hear from Lurie and Howie that he was their guy all along.  

Just now, CaliEagle said:

And we will have to hear from Lurie and Howie that he was their guy all along.  

Yup. 

If Wentz has to stay it’s Howie’s and Lurie’s decision on who they believe can get Wentz straight.   It’s the same thing year in and out in the NFL and the playoffs going on now prove it, you need a great QB, or a decent one when everything goes right like Foles.  Brady, Brees, Mahomes, who saved Reid’s coaching career in KC, Mayfield who’s had one really good year,  Allen, almost like Mayfield and Aaron Rodgers.   

Belichick considered one of the best coaches ever, found out Brady was more important than even he was.  If Wentz and Hurts aren’t the guys, the coach the Eagles hire will likely be gone in 3 years. 

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

For me at this point it's got to be Brady. Or Riley but I guess he's ruled himself out?

His comments about staying at OK seem to indicate so, yes. But coaches have said one thing and done another plenty of times...

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

My question really isn't who I want to coach (Brian Daboll, Joe Brady). My question is what coach looks at this mess of an org and even wants to come here to be a marionette puppet, with the Lurie_Howie two headed monster pulling their strings? All the good coaches will pass on it. We'll get a yes-man scrub. I hope to God I am wrong here. Would YOU want to become Lurie and Howie's next puppet? Would you want to try to resolve the QB issue that has nothing to do with you, but now it's YOUR mess to clean up? 

Philly used to be a highly respected desirable org to work for. Thanks to what the Lurie_Howie two headed monster has done the last 3 years in particular, nobody wants to come here. You think players around the league want to come here now? The only hope is:

1. New, good ownership
 2. Lurie and Howie see the error of their ways, humble themselves and run the org the right way.

If I hold my breath while praying for the 2nd choice to happen, I might open up my eyes in heaven before I'm done praying....

Florio wrote a piece today that shares many of  the same thoughts you have.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/17/carson-wentz-looms-over-the-eagles-coaching-search/

If they insist on keeping Wentz, McDaniels is my pick. McDaniels will come after him like nobody ever has.

If they do the right thing and trade Wentz, I'm looking at Brady, Riley, and Brandon Staley. All 3 guys have vision and energy and a willingness to adapt.

6 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Florio wrote a piece today that shares many of  the same thoughts you have.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/17/carson-wentz-looms-over-the-eagles-coaching-search/

The link displayed on my phone with the 2nd line starting: Arson Wentz.

And now I can't help but think of that nickname sticking. 

Screenshot_20210117-135313_Chrome.jpg

7 minutes ago, NOTW said:

He's firey!

:whistle: 

I kind of rank my top 3 realistic wants as:

1- Daboll

2- Brady

3- Bienemy

Wish they’d give a look at Hackett from GB too. 

52 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Well done. 😂🤣😂

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-head-coaching-search-doug-pederson-jeffrey-lurie-howie-roseman-joe-banner-20210116.html

Now even Joe Banner doesn’t seem to think the Eagles coaching situation isn’t that great anymore. He references the cap, the older roster, the highly questionable quarterback situation, and front office meddling. Like some of us have been saying no decent coach wants this situation. They are keeping the pieces together that put the Eagles in the hole to begin with. 

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

:roll: :roll:

Arson Wentz!!  Burning down NFL franchises!!

43 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-head-coaching-search-doug-pederson-jeffrey-lurie-howie-roseman-joe-banner-20210116.html

Now even Joe Banner doesn’t seem to think the Eagles coaching situation isn’t that great anymore. He references the cap, the older roster, the highly questionable quarterback situation, and front office meddling. Like some of us have been saying no decent coach wants this situation. They are keeping the pieces together that put the Eagles in the hole to begin with. 

Wasn't he just saying it's a good spot not long ago or am I thinking of someone else

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Wasn't he just saying it's a good spot not long ago or am I thinking of someone else

I thought the last thing he tweeted was how he thought with how they fired Doug he thought the Eagles already had his replacement ready to go. Well judging how they seem to want to interview everyone and their momma too it sure doesn't seem that way. 

Archived