2nd Eagles HC Poll and Discussion Thread

Outlaw

Eagles New HC  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want out of who is left?

• Joe Brady
    • Duce Staley
    • Eric Bienemy
    • Matt Eberflus
    • Brandon Staley
    • Brian Daboll
    • Ryan Day
    • Jerod Mayo
    • Josh McDaniels
    • Mike Kafka
    • Todd Bowles
    • Kellen Moore
    • Other (please post name)

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

According to Howard Eskin he believes the next Eagles coach comes down to Duce or Mcdaniels. He stated that Howie is really enamored with McDaniels, but Lurie not so much. He also said Duce in his interview came very prepared and really impressed with his plan. It is Eskin’s belief the Eagles are conducting these final interviews just to grab intel on how other teams run their organizations. He admitted that final part was just his speculation though. Apparently a lot of players have been texting Lurie their support for Duce as coach as well. 

Howie be like "Jeff, can we please hire Josh? He's more weaselly than me!"

31 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

According to Howard Eskin he believes the next Eagles coach comes down to Duce or Mcdaniels. He stated that Howie is really enamored with McDaniels, but Lurie not so much. He also said Duce in his interview came very prepared and really impressed with his plan. It is Eskin’s belief the Eagles are conducting these final interviews just to grab intel on how other teams run their organizations. He admitted that final part was just his speculation though. Apparently a lot of players have been texting Lurie their support for Duce as coach as well. 

Key words, Howard Eskin’s believes, in other words he knows nothing.

32 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I can count the number of times Eskin has been right on one of his "scoops” or "stone cold mortal locks” without even having to take my socks off. 

41 minutes ago, Mr_Philly said:

Key words, Howard Eskin’s believes, in other words he knows nothing.

No more than anyone else does around here. At least he's honest about that and not pretending he knows better.

44 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I can count the number of times Eskin has been right on one of his "scoops” or "stone cold mortal locks” without even having to take my socks off. 

He made it clear what he’s heard from his opinion. You can take or leave the information. Can’t be any worse than the guesswork I see around here bud. Just thought I would pass it along. For the record I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that players are supporting Duce. 

28 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

He made it clear what he’s heard from his opinion. You can take or leave the information. Can’t be any worse than the guesswork I see around here bud. Just thought I would pass it along. For the record I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that players are supporting Duce. 

Well we don’t pass ourselves to be "insiders” either. Until Schefter says something, I don’t believe it. Lol

Reports say that Howie really wants McDaniels but Lurie is not there yet. 

Lurie said he is running the coaching search so we will see what happens. 

16 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Well we don’t pass ourselves to be "insiders” either. Until Schefter says something, I don’t believe it. Lol

Well there’s a lot of smoke on McDaniels in a lot of locations. Eskin isn’t exactly bringing anything new we haven’t already heard.

May turn into a long post, so if it does ... ignore it if you already weren't planning. 

I listen to zero of what Eskin says. If he tells me water is wet, I plan for it to be dry. 

I'll preface by saying NO ONE excites me that the Eagles are talking to. Maybe that's why they're taking it slow and interviewing everyone? Who is leaking all the McDaniels smoke? Does it benefit Josh McDaniels or the Eagles to leak it so much/frequently? I'm not saying the Eagles aren't interested, but I'd think if he was their guy, he'd be hired. Lots of questions with him. One big one. Why did you walk away from the Indianapolis Colts three years ago after you already hired assistants and essentially, kill yourself? Vetting that is impossible. Does Josh even know the real answer or has he convinced himself of one? 

Carson Wentz flat out does not get along with coaches. Tell me he does all you want, he doesn't. He may get chummy with them off the field, but he doesn't like tough coaching or being coached. They think Josh McDaniels is a good option?! This is a guy whose first conversation with Jay Cutler in Denver was essentially, "Go F yourself", forcing Jay to ask for a trade. This is a guy who has had to be separated from Tom Brady. A guy who accidentally (giving him the benefit of the doubt) Matt Cassel. Carson can handle THAT? Excuse me while I laugh for a minute. Hurts is used to Nick Saban. He can handle Darth Vader. I'm not saying he's the long term solution either though. We will see. 

As @EazyEaglez (I can't post him) just said, Eskin seems to just bring what other people say and I think he makes crap up. 

If Lurie "doesn't like a guy" and "Howie does" there's no way they hire him. Anyone in here can make that decision. You own a business and a friend of yours runs it for you. The business is your life. 

Your buddy who is your VP likes your new Sales Manager hire, but you don't like him. Just something about him. You let him be hired? Not in a million years. I don't buy that. 

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Don't lie. 

There was that one time you sent the nudes from the cheerleader shoot and they were choice. 

I lost those by the way. If you could resend them, that would be great. 

9 hours ago, Mr_Philly said:

Lurie already hired a minority coach in Ray Rhodes and the NFL shouldn't influence any owner who they hire period. If Lurie feels Duce is the best candidate after all these interviews so be it but I don't think the NFL pressure will have anything to do with his decision.

Oh I completely agree with you. No owner or company should be forced to hire because of the colour of their skin. The right candidate, the best athlete, should be given the job. To me that is when we can say that the world is winning the battle against racism. 

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

He made it clear what he’s heard from his opinion. You can take or leave the information. Can’t be any worse than the guesswork I see around here bud. Just thought I would pass it along. For the record I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that players are supporting Duce

I'm sure they do.  Familiarity.  I'm sure most are chummy with him. 

I want a HC to have good relationships with his players, but that could be a concern that they might feel a bit too comfortable with Duce.  I want a HC that the players are going to respect and also fear at the same time ... fear to let him down by not playing up to the standards they set.  A HC that will get the absolute best out of his players.  A HC that isn't afraid to hold his players accountable.  I don't know if Duce is that.  Then again, I don't know if Duce isn't that either.  None of us do.  

10 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Give me Duce over Belicheats pet anyday. 

What has Duce shown that makes you think he's a better choice than the brain behind the offense of a 6x SB champ?

10 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Give me Duce over Belicheats pet anyday. 

I just don't see it with Duce. Unless he comes in with a grand plan, but he has worked his whole career here, who is he going to bring in? What network of guys does he have to hire as OC/DC?

If we are going to go high risk with a hire like Duce then give me Joe Brady or a blue chip up and coming offensive mind that can grow with this team. 

I think Duce's best bet for his own career would be to find another role or title on another NFL team and be around a different team/philosophy. The Eagles is all he has ever known. 

39 minutes ago, Maga301 said:

I just don't see it with Duce. Unless he comes in with a grand plan, but he has worked his whole career here, who is he going to bring in? What network of guys does he have to hire as OC/DC?

If we are going to go high risk with a hire like Duce then give me Joe Brady or a blue chip up and coming offensive mind that can grow with this team. 

I think Duce's best bet for his own career would be to find another role or title on another NFL team and be around a different team/philosophy. The Eagles is all he has ever known. 

While I agree, this would require another team showing any interest at all in hiring him. We have seen no evidence of that to date.

Hiring Duce is the functional equivalent of making the assistant who has been with your company longer than any other employee the CEO. His only qualification is longevity. You are setting him and team up for failure.

5 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

While I agree, this would require another team showing any interest at all in hiring him. We have seen no evidence of that to date.

Hiring Duce is the functional equivalent of making the assistant who has been with your company longer than any other employee the CEO. His only qualification is longevity. You are setting him and team up for failure.

Oh I couldn't agree more. I wouldn't rule out Duce going into the college ranks and trying something there. 

Sirianni is an intriguing candidate to me. Reich speaks volumes of him and he was the only coach he actually requested after the McDaniel's fiasco. He always gives him credit for the game planning and seems like a capable coach. I'd hire him over anyone but Bieniemy. 

I still think Lurie is trying to delay as much as possible to interview Brian Daboll who has now been supposedly claimed he will interview with the Eagles if they ask him but not until after his team is eliminated. Only makes sense.

Why sit around and do nothing waiting when you can interview as many people as possible, get as much input as you can and then at least wait it out since you're one of the last two teams that has an opening. There is no rush few weeks is not going to make that much of a difference. 

36 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Duce seems to be hitting his head against the ceiling with the eagles and the NFL right now.  If he can get the Florida HC job he should jump on it, his best move to take the next step imho.

1 minute ago, dawkins4prez said:

Duce seems to be hitting his head against the ceiling with the eagles and the NFL right now.  If he can get the Florida HC job he should jump on it, his best move to take the next step imho.

Have they shown any interest in him as head coach? Haven't seen that reported anywhere. 

I think college OC is his next step if he wants to move up. Or a smaller school head coach in college. 

37 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

I still think Lurie is trying to delay as much as possible to interview Brian Daboll who has now been supposedly claimed he will interview with the Eagles if they ask him but not until after his team is eliminated. Only makes sense.

Why sit around and do nothing waiting when you can interview as many people as possible, get as much input as you can and then at least wait it out since you're one of the last two teams that has an opening. There is no rush few weeks is not going to make that much of a difference. 

A few weeks can make a difference in terms of assembling a staff.  Daboll might bring a few of his coaches from Buffalo, but he won't have as much to choose from vs. HCs that were just hired who are now assembling their staffs.  I think Daboll wants to wait until next year.  He doesn't want to come out and say he doesn't want a HC job right now.  If he really did, he knows that owners want to get moving on the process before the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, Thing3 said:

Seems Bieniemy's agent is also salty his client hasn't gotten the buzz that they wish he would, which would in return benefit them more as well 💲, but as much as people want to blame race on coaching hires, it has nothing to do with it. 

Your either qualified or your not. That goes for players and coaches. 

Archived