2nd Eagles HC Poll and Discussion Thread

Outlaw

Eagles New HC  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want out of who is left?

• Joe Brady
    • Duce Staley
    • Eric Bienemy
    • Matt Eberflus
    • Brandon Staley
    • Brian Daboll
    • Ryan Day
    • Jerod Mayo
    • Josh McDaniels
    • Mike Kafka
    • Todd Bowles
    • Kellen Moore
    • Other (please post name)

This poll is closed to new votes

Duce needs HC experience in college and / or experience failing as HC on the NFL level first.

3 hours ago, Outlaw said:

What has Duce shown that makes you think he's a better choice than the brain behind the offense of a 6x SB champ?

Duce hasn't shown anything because he hasn't had his chance. Unlike McDaniels who has and who sucked. 

4 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Duce hasn't shown anything because he hasn't had his chance. Unlike McDaniels who has and who sucked. 

That's very true and I would absolutely go Duce over McDaniels. We shouldn't be looking at retreads at this point. I think it's time to go a different way. Now I don't think that's Duce either but I'd rather Duce over McDaniels no doubt. 

4 minutes ago, matchew88 said:

Duce needs HC experience in college and / or experience failing as HC on the NFL level first.

Was this an attempt at comedy?

I sincerely hope it's not McDaniels.  He was a total disaster in Denver and has only had success with Belichick and Brady at QB.  Not to say he hasn't learned and matured since Denver, but his resume is just not impressive.

Give me Nick Sirianni or Joe Brady.  If neither of those 2, F it, just roll with Duce and see what happens.

7 minutes ago, Thing3 said:

Was this an attempt at comedy?

All successful coaches have failed as a coach before

Has Duce ever been interviewed for a coaching job other than the Eagles?  I’m not disqualifying him just wondering since every year, there are numerous job openings in the NFL. 

Dan Campbell was the Saints assistant to the HC and also the TE coach from 2016-2020. He's now the Lions HC

Maybe Duce just needs to be an assistant longer

20 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Dan Campbell was the Saints assistant to the HC and also the TE coach from 2016-2020. He's now the Lions HC

Maybe Duce just needs to be an assistant longer

I think Duce has to land a coordinator job first. I don't think he is going to leap from RB to HC unless it is with the Eagles.  I don't think he has a chance to get a HC elsewhere as a RB coach.

40 minutes ago, matchew88 said:

All successful coaches have failed as a coach before

That greatly depends on how you measure success and failure.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's very true and I would absolutely go Duce over McDaniels. We shouldn't be looking at retreads at this point. I think it's time to go a different way. Now I don't think that's Duce either but I'd rather Duce over McDaniels no doubt. 

if everyone went with that philosophy, bill would have never coached the pats. he was bad at cleveland. 

6 minutes ago, jblah said:

if everyone went with that philosophy, bill would have never coached the pats. he was bad at cleveland. 

Bill lucked into Brady. How's he doing without him?

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

Bill lucked into Brady. How's he doing without him?

Reid -- Mahomes, Coryell -- Fouts, Shula -- Greasy & Marino, Levi -- Kelly, Shanahan -- Elway, Dungy --  Manning, Madden -- Stabler, Johnson -- Aikman, Landry -- Staubach, Noll -- Bradshaw, Payton -- Brees, Walsh -- Montana & Young

You might want to consider the correlation between legendary coaches and their QBs because your logic is flawed beyond worthiness of a discussion.

13 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

Reid -- Mahomes, Coryell -- Fouts, Shula -- Greasy & Marino, Levi -- Kelly, Shanahan -- Elway, Dungy --  Manning, Madden -- Stabler, Johnson -- Aikman, Landry -- Staubach, Noll -- Bradshaw, Payton -- Brees, Walsh -- Montana & Young

You might want to consider the correlation between legendary coaches and their QBs because your logic is flawed beyond worthiness of a discussion.

There have been successful coaches without all pro QBs.

You might want to consider that because your logic is flawed beyond worthiness of a discussion.

1 hour ago, jblah said:

No I agree with you there. But then McDaniels was in St Louis too wasn't he? Didn't do very well there either. 

I'm rooting for McDaniels in the poll because Howie needs to fail in spectacular fashion or he will be running things all decade long.

14 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

21 lunatics chose McDaniels

tenor.gif

7 hours ago, vikas83 said:

While I agree, this would require another team showing any interest at all in hiring him. We have seen no evidence of that to date.

I don't recall either Reid or Pederson getting interest from any other team before we hired them.  

8 hours ago, time2rock said:

I'm sure they do.  Familiarity.  I'm sure most are chummy with him. 

I want a HC to have good relationships with his players, but that could be a concern that they might feel a bit too comfortable with Duce.  I want a HC that the players are going to respect and also fear at the same time ... fear to let him down by not playing up to the standards they set.  A HC that will get the absolute best out of his players.  A HC that isn't afraid to hold his players accountable.  I don't know if Duce is that.  Then again, I don't know if Duce isn't that either.  None of us do.  

I agree with all this, but I also don’t want to see another aloof guy who wants to try and be some kind of disciplinarian and the players tune him out. Josh McDaniels has already failed once, and walked away a second time. I think it will take an awful lot for him to win over this locker room. If nothing else McDaniels has already proven he can fail and he ran to the comforts of the Belicheat wowing when he did. Duce hasn’t been given the chance to succeed or fail. 

5 hours ago, Maga301 said:

Seems Bieniemy's agent is also salty his client hasn't gotten the buzz that they wish he would, which would in return benefit them more as well 💲, but as much as people want to blame race on coaching hires, it has nothing to do with it. 

Your either qualified or your not. That goes for players and coaches. 

Sorry, but that’s BS. Being qualified doesn’t always have anything to do with it. This is clearly about preference. 

11 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I agree with all this, but I also don’t want to see another aloof guy who wants to try and be some kind of disciplinarian and the players tune him out. Josh McDaniels has already failed once, and walked away a second time. I think it will take an awful lot for him to win over this locker room. If nothing else McDaniels has already proven he can fail and he ran to the comforts of the Belicheat wowing when he did. Duce hasn’t been given the chance to succeed or fail. 

Agreed.  Neither is a perfect candidate, but if I were choosing between the 2, I’d prefer Duce.  

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Agreed.  Neither is a perfect candidate, but if I were choosing between the 2, I’d prefer Duce.  

Me too. With Howie in the mix I don’t think there’s any realistic chance they can get the "perfect candidate.” 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Me too. With Howie in the mix I don’t think there’s any realistic chance they can get the "perfect candidate.” 

Once again ... agreed.

Genius plan

• Hire McDaniels from the Patriots
  • Lurie always wanted to be like the Patriots
  • McDaniels tells Lurie Howie doesn't do things the Patriot way, give me control
  • Howie out, McDaniels pulls a Chip
  • Lurie starts over with a real GM

Archived