2nd Eagles HC Poll and Discussion Thread

Outlaw

Eagles New HC  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want out of who is left?

• Joe Brady
    • Duce Staley
    • Eric Bienemy
    • Matt Eberflus
    • Brandon Staley
    • Brian Daboll
    • Ryan Day
    • Jerod Mayo
    • Josh McDaniels
    • Mike Kafka
    • Todd Bowles
    • Kellen Moore
    • Other (please post name)

This poll is closed to new votes

16 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Gotcha. I just think the whole Rooney rule thing is such an insult to minority candidates. 

Haven't you see remember the titans?

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Well if that’s all it takes they might as well wait for him. They clearly don’t seem to be in any rush to hire anyone. 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well if that’s all it takes they might as well wait for him. They clearly don’t seem to be in any rush to hire anyone. 

What's the rush, HC candidates have the Eagles and Texans to choose between, and if you take the Texans job you may not have any idea who the QB is until after the draft.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

What's the rush, HC candidates have the Eagles and Texans to choose between, and if you take the Texans job you may not have any idea who the QB is until after the draft.

Then why cancel interviews with anyone from the Chiefs then? They don’t seem like they have a direction. Leave no stone unturned except dealing with the team with the top offense in football and defending SB champs.

1 hour ago, Usain23 said:

This isn’t true at all. The vast majority of Cowboys fans worship him. 

Actually it is true.

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

Lurie: "top of my mind" to interview minority candidates

Also Lurie: interviews 2 minority candidates and 68 white candidates

I believe it's 4 total. Duce, Bowels, Mayo and Salah.

51 minutes ago, jblah said:

Haven't you see remember the titans?

Lol. At least 30 times, Denzel is my favorite actor. It does make me feel like a perv knowing how hot Hayden Panetierre became. 

38 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Then why cancel interviews with anyone from the Chiefs then? They don’t seem like they have a direction. Leave no stone unturned except dealing with the team with the top offense in football and defending SB champs.

Did they cancel one, or just not have one? They could truly be trying to get out from under the branches of the very large Andy Reid coaching tree. 

29 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Bowels :roll::roll:

28 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Lol. At least 30 times, Denzel is my favorite actor. It does make me feel like a perv knowing how hot Hayden Panetierre became. 

Did they cancel one, or just not have one? They could truly be trying to get out from under the branches of the very large Andy Reid coaching tree. 

Look where they’re looking instead. Does any of it inspire any excitement? The last time they did run from the Reid tree they ended up with Kelly. Hey maybe this is all just a stall tactic to try and get Lincoln Riley as coach. 🤷‍♂️

43 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Bowels? I suppose this team could use a bowels movement. 

And it's not 68 white candidates either Mr. Correct-the-joke-with-facts Downer. :P

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Gotcha. I just think the whole Rooney rule thing is such an insult to minority candidates. 

Bingo.         Stuns me that so few see it that way, although I guess it really shouldn't.

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

And yet without it, you'd have a bunch of white guys from the same families coaching everything. The NFL would resemble the Fing antebellum south.

27 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Look where they’re looking instead. Does any of it inspire any excitement? The last time they did run from the Reid tree they ended up with Kelly. Hey maybe this is all just a stall tactic to try and get Lincoln Riley as coach. 🤷‍♂️

Daboll, McDaniels, Brady, Lincoln Riley, or Nick Sirianni excite me. 

9 minutes ago, Madriver said:

And yet without it, you'd have a bunch of white guys from the same families coaching everything. The NFL would resemble the Fing antebellum south.

Fine. Each team should have a mandatory number of white guys to make it "fair.”

6 minutes ago, Madriver said:

It's the year 2021. Owners don't give a shi* skin color. There has recently been a black president of the United States... for EIGHT years. Tons of white people voted for him, along with black people and other races as well. It's not 1900's anymore. It boils down to who is the most qualified and also the best fit. That's it. Nothing more. I don't know ANY of my white friends or family who give a shi* what color a coach is. Owners don't either. Only people who have their minds bent to always be thinking about skin color get caught up in this crap. Other people aren't thinking like that, thank God. They see human beings, not skin colors.

50 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Bowels :roll::roll:

If he gets fired, is it considered a colonoscopy?

1 minute ago, jblah said:

no.i think they call it taking a duce. 

We need to bring Aziz Shittu back to our DL if we hire Bowels.

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

A team with 3 wins shouldn't be waiting until a week after the season to sort out if they're keeping their head coach or not.  

I'm not disagreeing with that line of thinking. I just don't think that them interviewing everyone under the sun is a sign there is no plan. The plan may have come too late but that doesn't mean there is no plan at all. Seems we're splitting hairs so I'll agree to agree on this.

2 minutes ago, Thing3 said:

I'm not disagreeing with that line of thinking. I just don't think that them interviewing everyone under the sun is a sign there is no plan. The plan may have come too late but that doesn't mean there is no plan at all. Seems we're splitting hairs so I'll agree to agree on this.

I’d much prefer they do a ton of interviews instead of the opposite and just pick the first guy they interview. 

11 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

We need to bring Aziz Shittu back to our DL if we hire Bowels.

agreed. you gotta take a shittu when you have bowels movement. 

19 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I’d much prefer they do a ton of interviews instead of the opposite and just pick the first guy they interview. 

I agree here too. If they came right out and announced a new HC without interviewing a bunch of candidates then many would be complaining they were headstrong and didn't want to hear what anyone else had to say. I don't like defending this FO but most times the truth is in the middle.

According to Howard Eskin he believes the next Eagles coach comes down to Duce or Mcdaniels. He stated that Howie is really enamored with McDaniels, but Lurie not so much. He also said Duce in his interview came very prepared and really impressed with his plan. It is Eskin’s belief the Eagles are conducting these final interviews just to grab intel on how other teams run their organizations. He admitted that final part was just his speculation though. Apparently a lot of players have been texting Lurie their support for Duce as coach as well. 

Archived