New Coaching Staff Hotboard

Macho Grande

8 minutes ago, nipples said:

Drawing a blank on his name but could be the Colts secondary coach. 

Gannon I believe is his name. 

I've heard Jonathan Gannon (Indy's DB coach) is a name to watch for the DC job.  

EDIT: I suppose I should have continued reading rest of posts in thread before posting (I see nipples already named Gannon).  :blush:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, What The F said:

OC?

Doug Pederson 

And not give him play calling responsibility!  ha!  

The choices should be whoever Sirianni decides they should be, period.          If he isn't picking his own staff, then the clown show continues here.          If Lurie hired a head coach who doesn't have a clear plan in mind, including a list of potential coordinators and the type of men he wants on his staff, then this will end the same way, with the Eagles once again conducting an "exhaustive" search in 2-3 years.

I love Duce as an Eagle, but I hope like hell he isn't in any way forced on Sirianni - the locker room will be fine if players are acquired that can produce winning.      That really is the elephant in the room, the continued presence of Roseman.           I sincerely hope that Lurie isn't wasting a potentially really good coach by saddling him with the dreck Roseman has produced as "rosters", because no one is winning with a group like we see right now.

• Like 3

No idea honestly.  Haven't really heard much.  As long as the new DC doesn't play 10 yards off on 3rd and 1 I will be happy lol.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, phil77 said:

With all the players lobbying for him to the HC job I don't know how you can keep him in the locker room.  Players wanting Duce to be HC might not give the new HC all their attention. 

That's a good point. Might be counterproductive too. 

12 hours ago, vikas83 said:

I am sure I will get savaged for this, but for DC...

Marvin Lewis? He’s basically just hanging out at ASU. 

Naa. It's a good option. Very good DC. And having head coaching experience on your staff helps if you're a new head coach with no head coaching experience.

The hiring of Wade Phillips to help Sean Mcvay was a great choice.

16 minutes ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

Naa. It's a good option. Very good DC. And having head coaching experience on your staff helps if you're a new head coach with no head coaching experience.

The hiring of Wade Phillips to help Sean Mcvay was a great choice.

On that note, Phillips is also available too if i recall correctly. Didn't he post something about "retiring from retirement"?

Both would be solid veteran DC options.

3 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Marvin Lewis has already stated he’s not leaving the college ranks. 

Meh, nice statement but guys lie all the time. Let's see if he means it by calling.

Anthony Lynn as OC

Marvin Lewis as DC

Two former head coaches to help out. That's my best case scenario. I think you want a former HC at one of the spots, like Wade for McVay, or Schwartz for Doug.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vikas83 said:

Anthony Lynn as OC

Marvin Lewis as DC

Two former head coaches to help out. That's my best case scenario. I think you want a former HC at one of the spots, like Wade for McVay, or Schwartz for Doug.

There is also Ken Whisenhunt and Romeo Crennel. But I think I would rather have Marvin Lewis. OC i would be okay with either. 

20 minutes ago, Godfather said:

All I want to know is if Stoutland is staying

Maronne took the bama OL job so that was a good sign. 

Does Sirianni want to call plays since he's never done it before?

If so, you need a puppet at OC.

15 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I’m hoping for Gannon as DC. OC Anthony Lynn would be a solid choice, brings an experienced voice to the room and Sirianni worked under him for the Chargers. 

4 hours ago, nipples said:

Drawing a blank on his name but could be the Colts secondary coach. 

4 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Gannon I believe is his name. 

4 hours ago, nipples said:

Ah yep that’s it. 

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

EDIT: I suppose I should have continued reading rest of posts in thread before posting (I see nipples already named Gannon).  :blush:

Just being a jackarse cause I beat EagleJoe8 by half a day. Lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Does Sirianni want to call plays since he's never done it before?

If so, you need a puppet at OC.

Reich wasn't a puppet. He was a former OC for the Chargers who needed a spot. 

Lynn would be a fantastic hire. Spend a year or 2 here and then look to get another HC shot.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Lynn would be a fantastic hire. Spend a year or 2 here and then look to get another HC shot.

I’ve been hoping for Gannon and Lynn since yesterday when Sirianni story broke. Gives you a combo of the experienced HC that Nick has a relationship with, and a bright young defensive guy. I don’t know how many people watched the Colts this year but I enjoyed watching their secondary fly around. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

He's not Reich.

I agree 100% on Lynn. It doesn't address what Sirianni wants to do on game days though. If he wants to be the play caller, the an experienced mentor type is a great hire to help him grow in that regard. If he actually doesn't want to call plays (my hope) then an OC fully ready to go like Lynn is the right move. Maybe Lynn would forego play calling duties to work with Sirianni, but I'd guess that most OC's in their prime would probably shy away from that job description. We'll find out soon enough.

4 hours ago, time2rock said:

Yea but does Gannon name his nipples? 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Yea but does Gannon name his nipples? 

Yep all 3 of them!  :excited:

• Haha 1

If you’re a young coach just starting out, and you bring in veteran coaches as your assistants, they need to be guys with their ego in check who aren’t going to undermine you and walk around like they’re the boss.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

ST has sucked lately. Fipp should be let go

Don't know all the back stories.  Fipp deserves a fresh start.