New Coaching Staff Hotboard

Macho Grande

15 minutes ago, vaff said:

When did they not let Doug bring in "his guys”? I don’t really blame them for not being okay with Doug simply wanting to promote from within after this disastrous season. The Eagles obviously needed to bring in some people with fresh ideas, but Doug didn’t want to do that.

I think moving to a new team will help Duce in his career. 

Well wasn’t Schwartz hired before Doug? That’s the first pretty clear example. 

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

Well wasn’t Schwartz hired before Doug? That’s the first pretty clear example. 

He was hired by Doug at the encouragement of management.

There is a risk with a young head coach hiring a young defensive coordinator. Most first time coaches like to hire a veteran to run the unit that isn’t their specialty. Andy Reid hired Jim Johnson. Doug Pederson hired Jim Schwartz (with a big push from the Eagles). I would assume Gannon would have a veteran coach on his staff to lean on when he needs advice.

http://igglesblitz.com/2021/01/eagles-reportedly-their/

11 minutes ago, vaff said:

He was hired by Doug at the encouragement of management.

http://igglesblitz.com/2021/01/eagles-reportedly-their/

Schwartz was hired one day after Pederson. That tells me they already had decided he was their guy, and they talked Pederson into it. Rather than allowing him to give THEM his list of names. 

Just now, nipples said:

Schwartz was hired one day after Pederson. That tells me they already had decided he was their guy, and they talked Pederson into it. Rather than allowing him to give THEM his list of names. 

So?

Pederson talked to Schwartz before hiring him. I’ve heard him say that before. He was also an offensive coach with little coaching experience. He likely needed help putting together his staff, especially defensively. Also, it worked out pretty fine. These conspiracy theories about Lurie and Howie are ridiculous.

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well that's something good at least. Stoutland has done a really good job. 

I'm shocked he didn't go back to Bama. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

I'm shocked he didn't go back to Bama. 

Yeah although I can't quite understand why so many coaches go college over nfl?

2 hours ago, vaff said:

When did they not let Doug bring in "his guys”? I don’t really blame them for not being okay with Doug simply wanting to promote from within after this disastrous season. The Eagles obviously needed to bring in some people with fresh ideas, but Doug didn’t want to do that.

I think moving to a new team will help Duce in his career. 

He had the least amount of stroke probably ever, after winning the SB.   I think once they made him fire Groh last January that he was done with all of it, and should of quit last year instead of this year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah although I can't quite understand why so many coaches go college over nfl?

I went to Bama. So I follow the program. I don't know about other colleges but Bama coaches are paid extremely well and are treated like gods in the Tuscaloosa area. But apparently Nick can be exhausting after awhile. 

• Like 2

I went to Bama. So I follow the program. I don't know about other colleges but Bama coaches are paid extremely well and are treated like gods in the Tuscaloosa area. 

But isn't their off season so much busier in the NFL? So much more scouting etc to do. 

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But isn't their off season so much busier in the NFL? So much more scouting etc to do. 

And Recruiting yeah. Although I don't know how much the OL coach has to recruit. You gotta go into kids homes and sell yourself to them and their parents.I'm sure it's easier for Nick and Bama. Show them his seven rings. 

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

And Recruiting yeah. Although I don't know how much the OL coach has to recruit. You gotta go into kids homes and sell yourself to them and their parents.I'm sure it's easier for Nick and Bama. Show them his seven rings. 

Yeah sorry recruiting is actually what I meant. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah sorry recruiting is actually what I meant. 

Well you were right too. They scout as well. There were college scouts at my high school games. (Not for me)

• Like 1

Well you were right too. They scout as well. There were college scouts at my high school games. (Not for me)

What position did you play bud? Did you play with, or against, any guys we may have heard of?

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What position did you play bud? Did you play with, or against, any guys we may have heard of?

LB and TE. Olindo Mare was a Senior my first year on varsity. We won alot of games off of his foot. You don't see 50 yard FG in high school. It's a HUGE advantage. Scouts were there for him. Couple friends played D1 but you wouldn't know em. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vaff said:

So?

Pederson talked to Schwartz before hiring him. I’ve heard him say that before. He was also an offensive coach with little coaching experience. He likely needed help putting together his staff, especially defensively. Also, it worked out pretty fine. These conspiracy theories about Lurie and Howie are ridiculous.

Sometimes you can't take things verbatim and need to read between the lines.

On 1/22/2021 at 7:30 AM, 20dawk4life said:

Andrew Luck as QB coach!!!

He might shred his knee just walking into the complex.

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

He might shred his knee just walking into the complex.

That’s fine. He can coach from up in the booth!

• Haha 1

On 1/23/2021 at 7:19 PM, Macho Grande said:

Saw this tweet yesterday.  Jim Caldwell's wiki page still has him listed as our OC.

Still hoping they hire Jim Caldwell as the QB Coach. They need an experienced guy here. Might as well hire Peyton Manning’s QB coach to show Wentz the ropes. 

I'm hoping the people they bring in are good at coaching. Duce and Stoutland both did amazing jobs at developing young guys. With Howie screwing up the draft with sub par players we need a good staff to coach up the mediocre players he drafts.