New Coaching Staff Hotboard

Macho Grande

On 1/21/2021 at 5:35 PM, Mike030270 said:

ST has sucked lately. Fipp should be let go

Special teams is a reflection of how well you've drafted and the overall state-of-mind of the team, I'm sure morale was been low the past few years, Fipp would have been a good choice.

3 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Special teams is a reflection of how well you've drafted and the overall state-of-mind of the team, I'm sure morale was been low the past few years, Fipp would have been a good choice.

I’ll say the one good thing about the Kelly era is he did put a lot of emphasis on special teams. They put a lot more practice time into it from what I’ve read, and actually put some effort into bringing good special team guys onto the roster. 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 4:04 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah although I can't quite understand why so many coaches go college over nfl?

I suspect that if a coach is able to get into a successful college program they might be able to buy a house instead of renting 'cause they're not going to lose their jobs after a few years due to a regime change. The salaries in the large programs are pretty close to NFL levels. I remember Chip Kelly saying one thing he didn't miss about College was the stroking boosters and top rated high school kids.

6 hours ago, nipples said:

I’ll say the one good thing about the Kelly era is he did put a lot of emphasis on special teams. They put a lot more practice time into it from what I’ve read, and actually put some effort into bringing good special team guys onto the roster. 

Ah, the good ol special teams days when there were actually kickoff returns....

8 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Ah, the good ol special teams days when there were actually kickoff returns....

Well not only that but kick and punt coverage was always great, they had some punt blocks, etc. STs was always a strength under Chip. Hate the dude and everything else mostly sucked but special team was good and they always seemed to stay relatively healthy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nipples said:

Well not only that but kick and punt coverage was always great, they had some punt blocks, etc. STs was always a strength under Chip. Hate the dude and everything else mostly sucked but special team was good and they always seemed to stay relatively healthy. 

For sure, those are the only two things I miss about Chip, the better conditioned/less injured team and better STs.  I just hate that the NFL has basically removed the kickoff return from the game. 

I would like to see the Eagles get Mike McCoy or Jim Caldwell to be the QB coach. They both bring in some good experience to the position.

there is no connection here but I would like to see Moorehead gone and for them to go after Brian Hartline the WR coach at Ohio State. Hartline has a bright future in coaching

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

not mad at this. Solid hire

is this a sign that wentz is gone? Apparently he tried to recruit Hurts and made several comments about similarities between Hurts and Dak.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jblah said:

is this a sign that wentz is gone? Apparently he tried to recruit Hurts and made several comments about similarities between Hurts and Dak.

I doubt it. He's probably been given the job and it's been sold as an opportunity to work with 2 very good talented QBs. He may have a preference but he isn't picking the starter. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I doubt it. He's probably been given the job and it's been sold as an opportunity to work with 2 very good talented QBs. He may have a preference but he isn't picking the starter. 

i guess we'll see. at this point i'm done with wentz. too much whining. if you believe your skills are that good, go prove you are better than a 2nd round pick and stop complaining about coaching etc.

Just now, jblah said:

i guess we'll see. at this point i'm done with wentz. too much whining. if you believe your skills are that good, go prove you are better than a 2nd round pick and stop complaining about coaching etc.

I mean look my views on Wentz are well known. I would move on from him but I don't think the team are going to and so let's see. I don't think it'll work out but hey we shall see. New coaching staff, new scheme so who knows. 

On 1/27/2021 at 3:02 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean look my views on Wentz are well known. I would move on from him but I don't think the team are going to and so let's see. I don't think it'll work out but hey we shall see. New coaching staff, new scheme so who knows. 

When it comes to any of these quarterbacks I think it’s too soon to say what happens. Still not even sure if Carson wants to be back. It’s all just so up in the air right now. Whatever happens I hope the make decisions off what is best for the team rather than what is best for a player.