New Coaching Staff Hotboard

Macho Grande

I know its Wiki so not reliable but does someone know something the rest of us don't? Haven't seen this reported anywhere but would make sense with Sirianni's background and I sure would be happy to have an established coach come in for that role

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_McCoy_(American_football_coach)

Separately, cross off Anthony Lynn - going to Lions to be the OC there

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed. I mean look who knows if Sirianni will work out or not. He might prove to be a really good hire. They hit with Reid and they hit with Doug. Hell Chip was a good HC with back to back 10 win seasons, he was just a d-bag. So this one may work out too. But I don't see the direction, the grand idea here. Sirianni hasn't been one of the hot young offensive minds that all teams are vying for. This can't have been their plan when they fired Doug?

Heck even Ray Rhodes was a good hire technically. Back to back 10 wins seasons with an aging roster and he helped draft and bring in Dawkins, Trotter, Bobby Taylor, and Vincent. One year he was coach of the year. Even though I don’t know much about this new coach I’m much less concerned about him than I am about the other parts of the organization. Ultimately if this coach has success there will be an eventual breaking point, because a coach can only take bus so many crappy draft selections and meddling before he hits that point. 

22 minutes ago, kiwieagle said:

I know its Wiki so not reliable but does someone know something the rest of us don't? Haven't seen this reported anywhere but would make sense with Sirianni's background and I sure would be happy to have an established coach come in for that role

I noticed it yesterday and surprised it wasn't corrected

27 minutes ago, kiwieagle said:

I don’t know if this is true, but he would be a good hire I think. 

This Chris Harris report has me concerned. I was hoping they were giving Nick a chance to pick his staff. We haven’t even announced his hiring yet, yet they are interviewing potential DC’s? Unless Nick is pulling these strings from his Florida vaca...  And, if we are going to promote a DB coach, I’d much rather have Gannon then Harris just based on the performance of their players. 

37 minutes ago, kiwieagle said:

Saw this tweet yesterday.  Jim Caldwell's wiki page still has him listed as our OC.

32 minutes ago, DBW said:

I like it!  

very young defensive coordinator. hope they can make it work. i hope he does get a previous HC as one of his sub coaches. 

4 minutes ago, jblah said:

very young defensive coordinator. hope they can make it work. i hope he does get a previous HC as one of his sub coaches. 

I like their focus on young minds....both these guys have very strong work ethics and live and breath football.  They’re both really high energy as well.  We should see really aggressive games on both sides of the ball.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DBW said:

I like their focus on young minds....both these guys have very strong work ethics and live and breath football.  They’re both really high energy as well.  We should see really aggressive games on both sides of the ball.  

no doubt. but they should have some experienced sounding board. I hope the rumor of Jim Caldwell as OC is true. they need to do something like that for Gannon.

13 hours ago, mihailo said:

I don't think Press handled his ego, he just gave into him, which is clearly not good 

I came to 2 possible conclusions based on your post and I previously questioned the side I didn't agree with. So we both agree that if Breiner can deal with egos then he would be good for Wentz.

My wording may have been short. Dunno. You're getting what I was saying here, yes. 

I made a comment a few weeks back that Carson didn't like a new hire. It was Breiner. There's a reason he didn't like it. Frankly, I can't stand him anymore. I still hope they trade him. There are egos and there's this. A franchise QB shouldn't behave like this at age 28, if ever. 

1 hour ago, Macho Grande said:

Saw this tweet yesterday.  Jim Caldwell's wiki page still has him listed as our OC.

Ah right, I saw this article with some reporter having a guess as to what the staff would be. Sounds like someone has taken that and updated a few wiki pages, lol

https://www.nj.com/eagles/2021/01/what-could-eagles-nick-siriannis-staff-look-like-options-for-defensive-coordinator-quarterbacks-coach-more.html

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Yesssssss

B0351CC1-05ED-4B81-BA0C-033FE10BA8B8.png

The good news with this is that it seems Nick is getting his staff together as he wants.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mihailo said:

The good news with this is that it seems Nick is getting his staff together as he wants.

The whole narrative of doug not having say in his staff was way overstated.  Philly media blowing up a non story.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DBW said:

The whole narrative of doug not having say in his staff was way overstated.  Philly media blowing up a non story.  

I agree. He got to put forward his case of who he wanted on staff and this offseason he had a chance to put forward a new group, but was let go because it wasn't convincing enough.

That is how it comes across to me, anyway. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kiwieagle said:

You know anyone including you can edit any wiki page. someone is playing with Eagles fans and edited it. 

43 minutes ago, mihailo said:

I agree. He got to put forward his case of who he wanted on staff and this offseason he had a chance to put forward a new group, but was let go because it wasn't convincing enough.

That is how it comes across to me, anyway. 

Yep and every owner wants a bit of control and every gm wants to pick players that’s their Fing job, so enough of the Howie versus (insert coach name here).  It’s tired and the philly media is a joke and they need to let it go.  

• Like 1

Very interested in seeing what they end up doing at OC now.  With going with the younger first time DC you would think they would get an old former HC to be the OC.  Would be exciting though if they looked to bring someone up from the collage ranks for OC.  

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/eagles-grant-special-teams-coordinator-191006216.html

Eagles went from denying Fipp an opportunity to letting him explore other options after that one got filled. Are they being vindictive or are they just this backwards?

They likely didn’t want to let him leave before consulting with their new coach first. They then hired a new coach, who didn’t want to keep him, and now they’re letting him move on. I don’t think it has anything to do with being vindictive or anything. They just thought he was a good coach and wanted to give their new coaching hire the choice of whether or not to keep him.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Very interested in seeing what they end up doing at OC now.  With going with the younger first time DC you would think they would get an old former HC to be the OC.  Would be exciting though if they looked to bring someone up from the collage ranks for OC.  

Shane Steichen and Mike McCoy have worked with Sirianni before. Can see them as OC and QB coach roles one way or the other. I think having someone like McCoy won’t be a bad idea so we have someone on the staff who’s been a HC (and also won’t be getting another HC opportunity anytime soon)

Edit: I’m not a fan of either but other potential former HC he may put on his staff are Ken Wizenhunt and Todd Hayley. History with both

2 hours ago, vaff said:

They likely didn’t want to let him leave before consulting with their new coach first. They then hired a new coach, who didn’t want to keep him, and now they’re letting him move on. I don’t think it has anything to do with being vindictive or anything. They just thought he was a good coach and wanted to give their new coaching hire the choice of whether or not to keep him.

Yep, same as Stoutland. Except I really hope Sirianni keeps him. Good chance too - he’s close with Reich who’d likely vouch for him

2 hours ago, vaff said:

Possibly ruined his chance to get another job, but whatever. 

Fipp has been given the green light to find interested teams that will interview him. While Fipps ST unit had not been good there were reports literally a couple weeks ago speaking about the eagles blocking him from interviewing with another team. Now they let him? Cut throat business