New Coaching Staff Hotboard

Macho Grande

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

Fipp has been given the green light to find interested teams that will interview him. While Fipps ST unit had not been good there were reports literally a couple weeks ago speaking about the eagles blocking him from interviewing with another team. Now they let him? Cut throat business 

Wanted to hire a HC first and see if new HC wanted to keep Fipp or not. I assume Sirianni said, "no thanks. No more Greg Ward fair catching punts with 10 yards of open space in front of him.  Fipp can go interview elsewhere.”  You know, to paraphrase. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Wanted to hire a HC first and see if new HC wanted to keep Fipp or not. I assume Sirianni said, "no thanks. No more Greg Ward fair catching punts with 10 yards of open space in front of him.  Fipp can go interview elsewhere.”  You know, to paraphrase. 

And lets not forget Elliott who is horrible at kicking extra points and at ranges of 30-39 yards, I never understood why Fipp or Pederson for that matter didn’t at least bring in some competition at the kicker position. Sirianni probably said there is no way in hell I’m going for 2 every time we score because my kicker sucks.  Lets see if Elliot rebounds with a different coach.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I am more than OK with Fipp moving on.  His special teams units haven't been very special the past few years.  They are more just "teams" haha.  

The only coach I'd like to see retained is Stoutland.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If Jim Caldwell doesn't get the Texans HC job, we should be interviewing him for the OC spot.

Anthony Lynn took the Lions OC job and Pep Hamilton already has a few OC interviews lined up.

As above posters mentioned, it's possible that Sirianni brings in someone like Mike McCoy, Ken Whisenhunt, or Todd Haley to be his OC since they've all been HC and he has ties to them. I would prefer Caldwell to these guys, but I guess any of these guys is probably better than a young unproven assistant coach to pair with Sirianni.

• Like 2

Welcome back......Mike Groh!

🤣

4 minutes ago, Procus said:

Strange considering I just saw scrolling on NFLN that we are interviewing Washington’s DB coach Chris Harris for DC.  Unless they have another role other than DC in mind for him.  

3 hours ago, Mr_Philly said:

And lets not forget Elliott who is horrible at kicking extra points and at ranges of 30-39 yards, I never understood why Fipp or Pederson for that matter didn’t at least bring in some competition at the kicker position. Sirianni probably said there is no way in hell I’m going for 2 every time we score because my kicker sucks.  Lets see if Elliot rebounds with a different coach.

You can thank Howie for that since the contract he signed Elliott to made it so that we can't move on from him until 2022. 

image.png.21edb819aef9c2bd3fb606a173ce655f.png

1 hour ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

If Jim Caldwell doesn't get the Texans HC job, we should be interviewing him for the OC spot.

Anthony Lynn took the Lions OC job and Pep Hamilton already has a few OC interviews lined up.

As above posters mentioned, it's possible that Sirianni brings in someone like Mike McCoy, Ken Whisenhunt, or Todd Haley to be his OC since they've all been HC and he has ties to them. I would prefer Caldwell to these guys, but I guess any of these guys is probably better than a young unproven assistant coach to pair with Sirianni.

Not necessarily. As I said earlier, if you’re going to hire a veteran coordinator to pair with a young head coach, it needs to be someone who is willing check their ego. Last thing you want is a veteran coach who thinks he knows everything and undermines the head coach.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vaff said:

Not necessarily. As I said earlier, if you’re going to hire a veteran coordinator to pair with a young head coach, it needs to be someone who is willing check their ego. Last thing you want is a veteran coach who thinks he knows everything and undermines the head coach.

Jim Caldwell doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would undermine a young head coach, but you do have a valid point there.

It would certainly depend on the individual.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Jim Caldwell doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would undermine a young head coach, but you do have a valid point there.

It would certainly depend on the individual.

I would love to have Him as oc but I'm not 100% sure if he is interested. Also he has health problems so maybe it's hc or nothing for him? But to me that is definitely the direction we should go. But the way things are looking, we are probably going to get some no name. 

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

I am more than OK with Fipp moving on.  His special teams units haven't been very special the past few years.  They are more just "teams" haha.  

The only coach I'd like to see retained is Stoutland.  

And it looks like Sirianni wants him also. He seems to be staying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

And it looks like Sirianni wants him also. He seems to be staying.

Awesome.

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Strange considering I just saw scrolling on NFLN that we are interviewing Washington’s DB coach Chris Harris for DC.  Unless they have another role other than DC in mind for him.  

Perhaps he was a Rooney Rule interview

13 minutes ago, Macho Grande said:

I loved Duce as a player.  That being said, there is no precedent for promoting a RB coach to HC.  And the Eagles RB stats the past couple of years were meh.

Hear Duce has interest from the Lions and Bears.  Be careful what you wish for Duce. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Procus said:

Perhaps he was a Rooney Rule interview

Yep.  Same with Modkins today probably.  

27 minutes ago, Procus said:

I loved Duce as a player.  That being said, there is no precedent for promoting a RB coach to HC.  And the Eagles RB stats the past couple of years were meh.

Hear Duce has interest from the Lions and Bears.  Be careful what you wish for Duce. 

He turned down a chance to be OC here, did he not?? THAT is not what owners are looking for. Once he did that, it was all over for him. 

Does it look- even a little bit... like the FO is allowing Siri to bring in some of HIS guys? He is bringing in a few Colts guys, so maybe How_Lurie monster is seeing the importance of allowing a HC to do so once again. 

Update: Siri worked closely with Chargers OC Shane Steichen before, and he could become the OC here. So he is bringing in his guys for sure. It's not a done deal, but a good possibility. That's a good thing, having worked with all these guys before. I am definitely a fan of the FO allowing a HC to choose his own staff. It's a very good sign.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/eagles-grant-special-teams-coordinator-191006216.html

Eagles went from denying Fipp an opportunity to letting him explore other options after that one got filled. Are they being vindictive or are they just this backwards?

why-not-both.jpg

When did they not let Doug bring in "his guys”? I don’t really blame them for not being okay with Doug simply wanting to promote from within after this disastrous season. The Eagles obviously needed to bring in some people with fresh ideas, but Doug didn’t want to do that.

I think moving to a new team will help Duce in his career. 

2 hours ago, Procus said:

Well, Anthony Lynn is the closest example of RB coach to HC, but even he got a brief less than 1 year stint as an interim HC/OC before getting his HC gig.

Duce just needs to get a OC job somewhere and it probably won't be here if he already turned it down in the past.