Does Carson Wentz need to speak. Update: Carson posted goodbye on Instagram

Does Carson Wentz need to speak on the situation  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Does Carson Wentz need to speak on the situation

• No. He is under contract and I expect him to be an Eagle in 2021.
    • No. The speculation tells me he wants out and I don't need confirmation
    • Yes. I know he will be here, but want him to stop the rumors
    • Yes. Own it that you want out.
    • Don't care if he speaks at all, regardless of his intentions.

On 2/19/2021 at 9:57 PM, CheesesteakNBeer said:

I agree on the Super Bowl, that year was special. But i have read over 20 or more articles the last couple weeks with examples in locker room communication, lack of respect for coaches, failure to admit blame, emotional about front office decisions, on field mechanics breaking down and the list goes on and on. Now mind you some of these could be blown out of proportion or completely false but i doubt they all are and with that how can you respect the guy? He showed flashes of off the chart athleticism for sure early on but I question his character and am looking forward to moving on.

Let's see 20 links please......

1 hour ago, JBENT87 said:

Props for digging these up. There are going to be some Wentz apologists who are going to try to rewrite history as him being the victim here. He wasn't the victim. He was a phony creep. Good riddance. 

I would just say he was soft. Mentally and after the injurie(s) physically and he wasnt what you want in a leader.  Look at brees or manning or brady when you think of what a team leader possesses. Not carson wentz.  

carson simply wasnt what they were expecting him to be when they drafted him.  But hey.  We were all fooled and thought wentz had the right stuff to last in the nfl.  He didnt last.  Not here anyways.  A few serious injuries, declining play and declining fundamentals.  And a bad attitude.   

Maybe he turns it around with a fresh start in indy. If so good for him. But that’s whatever.  I care about this team and we have a fresh start but we still have howie so....

15 hours ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Several of those are just citing the same one report from Shefter.  Some of those are blogs sharing their opinions, a couple with "unnamed sources" that even include direct quote tweets from Cox, Brooks and comments from Kelce defending Carson.  One is even just a blog with a collection of Carson Wentz gifs and says nothing about his controversy.

There's something here, but when you cite multiple links pretending it's evidence, and several are just rehashing the same report from Schefter it's really one source not many.  

It does seem there were issues, and it seems different teammates felt differently about Carson.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 10:01 PM, SNOORDA said:

Im gunna say we dont have a Lombardi w/him.  Only the nick foles on that day was gunna beat brady.  Sorry but while wentz was great during the 2017 regular season, foles won us that super bowl.  Not wentz bro. Regular season and post season are completely different animals

Nah, you don't have any hatred. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 11:33 PM, NOTW said:

As expected, a respectful goodbye and moving on.

Also as expected hater philly fans spewing venom. 

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

A lot of them hate Wentz

I know