Does Carson Wentz need to speak. Update: Carson posted goodbye on Instagram

Does Carson Wentz need to speak on the situation  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Does Carson Wentz need to speak on the situation

• No. He is under contract and I expect him to be an Eagle in 2021.
    • No. The speculation tells me he wants out and I don't need confirmation
    • Yes. I know he will be here, but want him to stop the rumors
    • Yes. Own it that you want out.
    • Don't care if he speaks at all, regardless of his intentions.

3 hours ago, eglz1 said:

You and your fellow Wentz haters would crucify the guy no matter what he said or did. Best to remain silent til things shake out.

Frankly I would have far more respect for him if he stepped up and said he wanted out or if he stepped up and been a leader and said I will come back better than ever. To leave everything open and basically hold the Eagles hostage off a whim is a weak move, and it’s sad his apologist fans seem okay with that. 

Hey I was wondering do you think the Eagles are "close” to trading Wentz cause he wants out or cause they don’t want him? Maybe just maybe the reason why he said nothing is cause he doesn’t want to be here? 🤔🤔🤔🙄🙄

12 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Frankly I would have far more respect for him if he stepped up and said he wanted out

That would lower the value of what the Eagles could get in return for him, so you would respect him for hurting the Eagles?

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

That would lower the value of what the Eagles could get in return for him, so you would respect him for hurting the Eagles?

If he formally requested a trade? Is it hurting every other quarterback so far?  You don’t think him playing like absolute garbage is a bigger factor? 😂🤣😂

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Hey I was wondering do you think the Eagles are "close” to trading Wentz cause he wants out or cause they don’t want him? Maybe just maybe the reason why he said nothing is cause he doesn’t want to be here? 🤔🤔🤔🙄🙄

It's pretty obvious he is the one working his way out of town, despite the false narrative by some that he is being run out of town. This organization has done everything possible to cater to this guy including firing a coach in large part because he didn't like him. Still wasn't enough though. It's frustrating to see so many ''Eagles fans'' defending him to the point where they seem to be more interested in what's best for Wentz as opposed to what's best for the organization.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, T-1000 said:

It's pretty obvious he is the one working his way out of town, despite the false narrative by some that he is being run out of town. This organization has done everything possible to cater to this guy including firing a coach in large part because he didn't like him. Still wasn't enough though. It's frustrating to see so many ''Eagles fans'' defending him to the point where they seem to be more interested in what's best for Wentz as opposed to what's best for the organization.

I don’t see how anyone should want this guy back when he doesn’t wish to be here. Even if he came back next season the locker room knows he didn’t want to be here. Who is going to follow that guy? The best thing for both parties is a mutual parting of ways. The Eagles FO might not like it, cause if makes them look foolish, but you can’t make this guy want to be here. 

32 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

but you can’t make this guy want to be here. 

Sure you can, by signing  him to a big fat contract.  Check.

Firing a doofus coach with a broken offensive scheme.  Check.

Hiring a new coach he has system familiarity with.  Check

Not wasting draft picks and putting actual helpful players around him.  TBD.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Sure you can, by signing  him to a big fat contract.  Check.

Firing a doofus coach with a broken offensive scheme.  Check.

Hiring a new coach he has system familiarity with.  Check

Not wasting draft picks and putting actual helpful players around him.  TBD.

Yet he still wants to leave. Apologists fans in denial. Check.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There’s no point. He’s been a franchise mouthpiece since the day he was drafted.  He won’t say what is really on his mind. He’s always given the PC answer.  I would expect nothing different if he did speak.  

he’ll be a colt on March 2

It's 100% clear why he didn't speak out now.  Because he privately asked for a trade and the Eagles are trying to accommodate that.  Anyone still in denial about this doesn't even have 2 brain cells to rub together.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yet he still wants to leave. Apologists fans in denial. Check.

Yep, I see that rat is going down with the ship. Not surprising.

36 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Yep, I see that rat is going down with the ship. Not surprising.

Funny part is that guy actually posted to me he wanted to wait as see what Carson says s 😂🤣😂 You can't make this stuff up. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DBW said:

There’s no point. He’s been a franchise mouthpiece since the day he was drafted.  He won’t say what is really on his mind. He’s always given the PC answer.  I would expect nothing different if he did speak.  

he’ll be a colt on March 2

Mouthpiece? 

Why would any player or coach bad mouth their employer? 

Would you make negative comments about your employer in the media?

You would be fired.

What if his agent, or the Eagles, told him not to speak? 

Agent strategy could be to paint Eagles as the bad guys, blaming bad drafting, injuries, etc. Many posters here have said the Eagles failed Carson. So stay quiet and let me make the case to potential destinations.

Eagles strategy could be agreeing to trade him, but both parties need to stay quiet. Drama in the media will make both parties look bad and hurt both sides. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Mouthpiece? 

Why would any player or coach bad mouth their employer? 

Would you make negative comments about your employer in the media?

You would be fired.

I didn’t say anything about him badmouthing anyone.  I just said you wouldn’t get an honest answer from him. If they asked him if he wants to be traded, he’d say "I love it here” even if he does want to be traded and is telling his agent to get him out.  He could easily say "yeah I’d like an opportunity for a fresh start” while not bashing the organization.  He just would never give the real answer.  So there’s no point in him saying anything.  

15 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

@downundermike, did you create this poll to help learn who to put on 'ignore'?  :P:roll:

I have a few on ignore that picked don't care. I know for a fact they care

Bunch of liars

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I have a few on ignore that picked don't care. I know for a fact they care

Bunch of liars

My mental picture of one of them is nude, but draped in an oversized Trump blanket, wearing high heels and screaming for his mother to go buy more beer. He needs more Fortnite credits and really wants the new skins for Ghost Recon. The Clintons eat babies in his world and Jalen Hurts, and perhaps all people of alternate colors, are attacking this fine country. 

Interesting the top two groups that want Carson are the Colts with Reich and all the former Peterson guys, and the Bears with Deflippo. I guess Deflippo can’t wait to either finish what he started or break Wentz trying. 

With the awful Philly media, he’s damned either way!

• Like 1

On 2/4/2021 at 4:21 PM, downundermike said:

Yep.

After Wentz is on the roster still March 20th, we will have to come up with the next narrative to create.  I say we go with Eagles are trading Fletcher Cox next.

I’m skeptical with all the "Wentz is a disgruntled and selfish player” bs from the same front office that gave us a "Desean Jackson is a thug” talk when they sent him packing the first time only to regret it and bring him back well past his prime. 

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

In the end Wentz was silent, cause he wanted out after all.🤷‍♂️

See he didn't need to say anything lol

• Haha 1