Does Carson Wentz need to speak. Update: Carson posted goodbye on Instagram

Does Carson Wentz need to speak on the situation  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Does Carson Wentz need to speak on the situation

• No. He is under contract and I expect him to be an Eagle in 2021.
    • No. The speculation tells me he wants out and I don't need confirmation
    • Yes. I know he will be here, but want him to stop the rumors
    • Yes. Own it that you want out.
    • Don't care if he speaks at all, regardless of his intentions.

I don’t need anything said from Wentz. He doesn’t need to say anything either, it’s his offseason. However being the franchise QB, it is almost expected to acknowledge coaching staff change. Matt Ryan did with Arthur Smith. Him not addressing the Sirianni hire publicly yet is telling to me that he does want out. 

weird we’re at this point. Schefter tweeting Wentz is expecting to be traded in coming days means the Wentz era is officially done in Philly. Strange how quickly this happened, thought Wentz would become a Philly legend back in 2017. 

31 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

See he didn't need to say anything lol

The thing is the people that said he wanted out was right. 

• Like 1

The next poll should be Does Carson need to say goodbye to his apologists or should they just follow him to Chicago? 

Follow Carson.

Say Goodbye. 

😂🤣😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

The thing is the people that said he wanted out was right. 

Well no one cares who was right. At least not me. Maybe someone will take you guys out for some.ice cream. Lol

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well no one cares who was right. At least not me. Maybe someone will take you guys out for some.ice cream. Lol

Doug isn’t busy right now. He could drive the bus. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Hey bud I didn’t think this needed a poll, but I’ll take some icecream. 😂

• Haha 1

Hey bud I didn’t think this needed a poll, but I’ll take some icecream. 😂

Do you even understand the poll ??  Pretty obvious you do not.

Next Poll: Who is the better trade value Darnold or Wentz. 🤔 

https://clutchpoints.com/better-value-on-the-nfl-qb-trade-market-carson-wentz-or-sam-darnold/

Well wentz at least had one great season you can hope he gets back too. You have nothing with Darnold

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well wentz at least had one great season you can hope he gets back too. You have nothing with Darnold

True, but Darnold has been slaughtered by really bad coaching and he won’t cost as much to get or cost as much against the cap. In Wentz you have to pay more, he costs more with that contract, is rumored to be difficult to coach, and is three years removed from that great season. If a coach and GM mess up with Darnold they could survive, but if you mess up with Wentz people are definitely getting fired. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

True, but Darnold has been slaughtered by really bad coaching and he won’t cost as much to get or cost as much against the cap. In Wentz you have to pay more, he costs more with that contract, is rumored to be difficult to coach, and is three years removed from that great season. If a coach and GM mess up with Darnold they could survive, but if you mess up with Wentz people are definitely getting fired. 

Good God man the Super Bowl is on. You can’t stop hating Wentz for a couple hours

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Good God man the Super Bowl is on. You can’t stop hating Wentz for a couple hours

You just had to stop watching that Bowl to protect your baby boo huh? 😂🤣😂

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

You just had to stop watching that Bowl to protect your baby boo huh? 😂🤣😂

I was wondering why this thread popped up to the top all of a sudden

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Next Poll: Who is the better trade value Darnold or Wentz. 🤔 

https://clutchpoints.com/better-value-on-the-nfl-qb-trade-market-carson-wentz-or-sam-darnold/

Has Sam made any public comments? Wilson since teams are calling with offers? Foles since he's being mentioned in Bears trade?

Did Goff or Stafford before the trade?

They may have I don't know. But players don't have to comment on rumors. 

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Has Sam made any public comments? Wilson since teams are calling with offers? Foles since he's being mentioned in Bears trade?

Stafford did cause they said he screwed the lions over buy asking for a trade and ruining his trade value lol. That obviously didn't happen

37 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Did and of those people have reports of trade requests in before the season was over and then blow off the fans and media by not responding to it? Because if that’s what happened then they absolutely should have said something. Otherwise you’re just trying to defend Wentz for being an aloof jerk.

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Did and of those people have reports of trade requests in before the season was over and then blow off the fans and media by not responding to it? Because if that’s what happened then they absolutely should have said something. Otherwise you’re just trying to defend Wentz for being an aloof jerk.

After what I have seen today, we should trade him for Mahommes.  Bad play behind a bad line and bad play calling, holding the ball to long and taking bad sacks, hero ball and piling up garbage time yards.  Should be an even trade.

37 minutes ago, downundermike said:

After what I have seen today, we should trade him for Mahommes.  Bad play behind a bad line and bad play calling, holding the ball to long and taking bad sacks, hero ball and piling up garbage time yards.  Should be an even trade.

Mahomes has a bad game he stinks. Wentz has a bad season he’s the greatest quarterback all time! 😂🤣😂

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Mahomes has a bad game he stinks. Wentz has a bad season he’s the greatest quarterback all time! 😂🤣😂

You know those regressions ... they always start with one bad game. At least Mahomes has a chance to rebound. Outside of Philly, trends can change.

Doesn't really matter.   They issue is Roseman.   It is now and it will be when Wentz is gone.   I'd rather him grab himself by his little nads and answer questions by reports who actually have balls to ask some really hard questions.    The guy is a colossal failure as a GM and the only one who cant see it is Lurie

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

You know those regressions ... they always start with one bad game. At least Mahomes has a chance to rebound. Outside of Philly, trends can change.

Sometimes I think you just like being a contrarian just for the sake of being difficult. One bad game could just be one bad game. A guy falling off a cliff after a steady decline is something completely different. Don’t tell the Bears or Colts though. 

To me, he is under contract to play QB for the Eagles. He should simply do that. He doesn't need to talk about anything else.

Carson doesn't have to say anything. His silence speaks volumes. If the team was committed to keeping him, they'd ask him to speak out to calm down the rumors. If the team is shopping Wentz, they don't want him to speak, it would only lower the offers. If the team asked him to speak but he refused, then he wants out.

39 minutes ago, toolg said:

Carson doesn't have to say anything. His silence speaks volumes. If the team was committed to keeping him, they'd ask him to speak out to calm down the rumors. If the team is shopping Wentz, they don't want him to speak, it would only lower the offers. If the team asked him to speak but he refused, then he wants out.

But some folks believe he should speak even if he wants out, they want him to man up and own it. They obviously don’t understand how trade leverage works in the NFL.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

But some folks believe he should speak even if he wants out, they want him to man up and own it. They obviously don’t understand how trade leverage works in the NFL.

Right. In a perfect world, Wentz speaks, so we can all prepare to move along one way or the other. In a leveraged world, every action has value, and Wentz announcing his intentions decreases his stock. I feel as long as Wentz is quiet, they're taking offers. They don't have to say anything out loud for it to mean something.

• Like 1