Does Carson Wentz need to speak. Update: Carson posted goodbye on Instagram

Does Carson Wentz need to speak on the situation  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Does Carson Wentz need to speak on the situation

• No. He is under contract and I expect him to be an Eagle in 2021.
    • No. The speculation tells me he wants out and I don't need confirmation
    • Yes. I know he will be here, but want him to stop the rumors
    • Yes. Own it that you want out.
    • Don't care if he speaks at all, regardless of his intentions.

25 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Were you around for the McNabb era. He was killed by the media and fans in Philly for his play on the field and personality. He accomplished five times as much as Wentz did through five years and got about five times the crap.

For sure he did and still does to this day. Some of the same people calling McNabb a choke right now fail to see their boy Carson and his record against winning teams. I can’t mention playoff chokes. You can’t choke in the playoffs is you get injured beforehand. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

I'm not gonna sit here and defend him because he looked and played awful.

But I'm sure there are many coaches across the league that think Doug didnt know what he's doing and they can make him a good QB.

Yeah I’m sure this guy we have right now with zero SB experience will make Wentz look good too. 🙄

1 hour ago, T-1000 said:

I agree, which is EXACTLY why he will get traded. NFL teams are desperate for QB's. This isn't the greatest QB draft after TL, and there are a few teams who need a QB that aren't in the top 10 of the draft. People can bring up Goff all they want but there is one major difference. While Goff didn't have the horrible season that Wentz did, a lot of people view him as a system QB and a guy with a limited ceiling. Wentz has every physical attribute NFL GM's are looking for with the size, athletic ability, and arm strength. All it takes is one team, I think if Howie plays this properly he can get two or three teams bidding on him and get a mid to late 1, or a 2 and a 4. Howie sucks at drafting but he has only been in his wheelhouse with trades.

Not to mention if the reports are true that Wentz would give some money back(doubtful) in order to make his contract more tradable then that would be even better.

I dont want them to do like the Rams and trade their QB along with high draft picks just to get rid of him.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah I’m sure this guy we have right now with zero SB experience will make Wentz look good too. 🙄

You never know.  All great coaches in NFL history had to start somewhere.  Not all of them were blessed with SB experience before taking a HC job.  

We will see how this guy ends up.  

44 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

You never know.  All great coaches in NFL history had to start somewhere.  Not all of them were blessed with SB experience before taking a HC job.  

We will see how this guy ends up.  

I have moderate expectations of this guy being a good coach. I have zero expectations this guy will suddenly make Carson into 2017 guy again. 

5 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

I dont want them to do like the Rams and trade their QB along with high draft picks just to get rid of him.

I sure hope not, because that would be a 4x hit - the player, the cap damage, the lost future picks, and the lost picks to get up to pick him.  Even though I think he is gone, I also believe this is a heavy price to pay and I think Lurie is cognizant of that kind of crazy business decision.

He should come out and apologize for letting the team down and letting the fans down with his poor performance. Say he is working with a mechanics coach and promise to be better about maintaining his mechanics and continuing to be a student of the game going forward. Admit he realizes he put his ego and his needs above the people who count on him the most and he will never do that again. Say he remains committed to the city of Philadelphia and its fan base and ask for a chance to prove his commitment come spring by proving he can be the guy again.

Otherwise, no need. The silence makes his message clear.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Vileborg said:

He should come out and apologize for letting the team down and letting the fans down with his poor performance. Say he is working with a mechanics coach and promise to be better about maintaining his mechanics and continuing to be a student of the game going forward. Admit he realizes he put his ego and his needs above the people who count on him the most and he will never do that again. Say he remains committed to the city of Philadelphia and its fan base and ask for a chance to prove his commitment come spring by proving he can be the guy again.

Those things would take true accountability which it appears Wentz isn't big on.

48 minutes ago, Vileborg said:

What about all the other players that played like crap, are they doing that? Why aren't the fans in an uproar over everyone else who played like crap and haven't said a word? Oh yeah I forget Wentz was the only guy who sucked this season.........

Apparently we were just a QB away from another super bowl. :lol:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

What about all the other players that played like crap, are they doing that? Why aren't the fans in an uproar over everyone else who played like crap and haven't said a word? Oh yeah I forget Wentz was the only guy who sucked this season.........

LOL.  Eagles fans ALWAYS have to have a target and it is Wentz right now.   When he is gone, they will be on suicide watch as Hurts shows his inability to pass the ball outside of the hashes and the team falters behind his play.  

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I have moderate expectations of this guy being a good coach. I have zero expectations this guy will suddenly make Carson into 2017 guy again. 

I've said before that I dont think any of us will see the 2017 Wentz again.  That guy is gone.

I do think he can be a good QB in the NFL with the right coach and situation.  But if he has the attitude that he doesnt want to be here, then that wont help matters.

I know it's kinda out there but I'd do Carr for Wentz if the Raiders want to move him.  I'm pretty sure Gruden likes Wentz and is one of those coaches that feels he can "fix" him.

4 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

I've said before that I dont think any of us will see the 2017 Wentz again.  That guy is gone.

I do think he can be a good QB in the NFL with the right coach and situation.  But if he has the attitude that he doesnt want to be here, then that wont help matters.

I know it's kinda out there but I'd do Carr for Wentz if the Raiders want to move him.  I'm pretty sure Gruden likes Wentz and is one of those coaches that feels he can "fix" him.

Can you imagine Wentz in sin city? That might be worth the trade in and of itself! :lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I sure hope not, because that would be a 4x hit - the player, the cap damage, the lost future picks, and the lost picks to get up to pick him.  Even though I think he is gone, I also believe this is a heavy price to pay and I think Lurie is cognizant of that kind of crazy business decision.

Unless Wentz pulls a Watson and actually demands a trade publicly then I think he stays at least 1 more year.  If he plays well and Sirianni fixes him then maybe everyone's happy and he stays.  If he plays poorly then he's done.  

I feel like the Eagles dont want to give up on his talent or give up on the financials or draft picks to trade him.  They will do everything in their power to keep him unless blown away by a trade offer. 

1 minute ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

Can you imagine Wentz in sin city? That might be worth the trade in and of itself! :lol:

There arent many small town, quiet NFL cities that need a QB.  

I wonder if the Philly media and fan base have gotten to him.  If he's that soft that he cant take the criticism then adios.

Bout what I figured.  Less than 25% of fans need their feeling appeased by Carson Wentz with a statement to the media.  The adults are fine with him making a statement at the apporpriate time, or not making any statement and it will play out naturally.

44 days until he is on the roster and this is all over.

I don't really care if he says that he'll be back or not. But it is a bit disappointing that he didn't welcome the new coach publicly, and it's a huge disappointment that he didn't say farewell to Doug; in large part, thanks to him, Carson is now a multi-millionaire. 

That said, he probably did it in private and that's fine as well. 

30 minutes ago, beto_eagles said:

I don't really care if he says that he'll be back or not. But it is a bit disappointing that he didn't welcome the new coach publicly, and it's a huge disappointment that he didn't say farewell to Doug; in large part, thanks to him, Carson is now a multi-millionaire. 

That said, he probably did it in private and that's fine as well. 

This.  Fans sense of entitlement that they need to have access to information that is none of their business is absolutely ridiculous.

2 hours ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

This is a thread about Wentz so I commented about Wentz. If you want to start a thread about the rest of the team, I'll be happy to say they should be ashamed of themselves as well.

17 hours ago, T-1000 said:

Oh Fing well. Him being the worst starting QB in the NFL this season is what hurt his stock, the team, and put him in this position. This is exactly the problem, Wentz and his fan boys putting what's best for him above the rest of the team and the franchise itself.

No, you got it wrong. The Eagles can't get rid of Wentz if his stock is crap... It has got nothing to do with caring about Wentz, think about it that way.

17 hours ago, T-1000 said:

Sure, and there were also several coaches who thought they could turn Sam Bradford into a franchise QB.

This proves my previous post and thank God, otherwise the Eagles wouldn't have got a first for him. This is why it is in the Eagles' interest (and it should be yours) to protect Wentz's stock, or however they can spin it.

7 minutes ago, mihailo said:

No, you got it wrong. The Eagles can't get rid of Wentz if his stock is crap... It has got nothing to do with caring about Wentz, think about it that way.

Reports as of today are suggesting otherwise, so it certainly appears it is you who has it wrong.

4 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Reports as of today are suggesting otherwise, so it certainly appears it is you who has it wrong.

I don't get, what have I got wrong exactly? That it is not in the Eagles' interest to get the most from a trade of Wentz? 

What I suggested you got wrong was that you assumed my comment was in the interest of Wentz, but it was rather in the interest of the team...

19 hours ago, T-1000 said:

Like I said, if he is unsure or just plain wants out, something like this works just fine.

'it was a tough season for me and the team and we are evaluating things moving forward with a new coach and hope that we can work things out and get back to being a winning franchise'' blah blah blah.''

You and your fellow Wentz haters would crucify the guy no matter what he said or did. Best to remain silent til things shake out.

Apparently, Wentz is in a bidding war and the offers are up there. If this is the end of the Wentz era in Philly, I'm going to miss him. Good guy. Still remember him saving that Cowboy fan by removing his hat for him. Appreciate all he has done for the team and he was at least part of the reason we have a Lombardi so there will always be that. I will always be fond of Wentz and I truly hope he does well. I'll put my Eagles first but I'll definitely keep an eye on him wherever he goes.

I was critical of him as of late but only because I wanted to see him fix his mechanics. I still remember the magical moments he delivered and hope he brought to this city.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eglz1 said:

You and your fellow Wentz haters would crucify the guy no matter what he said or did. Best to remain silent til things shake out.

Sorry, not a Wentz hater.