Does Carson Wentz need to speak. Update: Carson posted goodbye on Instagram

Does Carson Wentz need to speak on the situation  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Does Carson Wentz need to speak on the situation

• No. He is under contract and I expect him to be an Eagle in 2021.
    • No. The speculation tells me he wants out and I don't need confirmation
    • Yes. I know he will be here, but want him to stop the rumors
    • Yes. Own it that you want out.
    • Don't care if he speaks at all, regardless of his intentions.

The next thing you will hear from Carson is a full page add in a Philly newspaper thanking the Eagles org and fans. He won't trash the org, even though he could- he won't. Why? Unlike the trash Philly media, Carson Wentz is a class act and will continue to be. He rose above all of Lurie, Howie and the Philly media's stench. Philly media, Howie and Lurie- go f yourselves. By trying to destroy this man, you already have. Have a good career, Carson, wherever you go. For us fans sake, I hope we do well. But if I wasn't born in Philly, I would want to watch Howie and Lurie burn together. But this is my only team, so I hope they succeed IN SPITE of Lurie and Howie.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Vman1968 said:

Doesn't really matter.   They issue is Roseman.   It is now and it will be when Wentz is gone.   I'd rather him grab himself by his little nads and answer questions by reports who actually have balls to ask some really hard questions.    The guy is a colossal failure as a GM and the only one who cant see it is Lurie

Yet, for some odd reason, he is being tasked with rebuilding the mess that he created that caused the rebuild.  Makes zero sense.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Yet, for some odd reason, he is being tasked with rebuilding the mess that he created that caused the rebuild.  Makes zero sense.

Howie knows how to spin things and Lurie buys it.  He can say he knows how important the QB position is and you always want a contingency plan.  He brought in Foles to backup Wentz and that worked out, he can say he had the foresight to draft Hurts and now he's the future.  That contract to Carson?  At the time he was being forward-thinking and getting him locked up before it might cost them a lot more, he'll throw out numbers of other QB contracts.  Now he can point to the Rams trading Goff in a similar way.  The QB situations around the league help Howie because Watson wants out of Houston, Stafford was traded, Goff a #1 pick with a contract issue was traded, Darnold is on the trading block, Dolphins aren't sold on Tua...Howie can easily say that he's just got to always be ready to shift the QB position.  He can also blame coaches, scouts, literally anyone else.

Lurie once said he was taking "voluminous notes" about the draft process and player evaluation and that research led him to put Howie in charge of "streamlining" the draft (this was Reid's last year). 

I hope he's still taking good notes.

• Like 1

He doesn't need to say anything.  He either want to be in Philly or he doesn't.  And if he doesn't do what you can to move him and get a nice haul for him.  Hopefully some team will think they can fix him and give up what the Eagles are asking.  Otherwise I think things will not be very good next year.  At least if all the reports about him basically being a cry baby are true.

On 2/4/2021 at 4:29 PM, EaglesfanfromND said:

Oh now Fletcher wants out.....I mean he hasn't stated publicly he doesn't right? :lol:

There hasn't been any reports for him to confirm or deny, so.....

On 2/9/2021 at 3:43 PM, NOTW said:

Howie knows how to spin things and Lurie buys it.  He can say he knows how important the QB position is and you always want a contingency plan.  He brought in Foles to backup Wentz and that worked out, he can say he had the foresight to draft Hurts and now he's the future.  That contract to Carson?  At the time he was being forward-thinking and getting him locked up before it might cost them a lot more, he'll throw out numbers of other QB contracts.  Now he can point to the Rams trading Goff in a similar way.  The QB situations around the league help Howie because Watson wants out of Houston, Stafford was traded, Goff a #1 pick with a contract issue was traded, Darnold is on the trading block, Dolphins aren't sold on Tua...Howie can easily say that he's just got to always be ready to shift the QB position.  He can also blame coaches, scouts, literally anyone else.

Funny that you call that spin. I think all of it is true..

1 minute ago, vaff said:

I wonder if the people that refused to believe Wentz wanted to be traded, still refuse to believe it? 🤔

What makes you think it wasn't just Howie wanted him gone?🤔

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

What makes you think it wasn't just Howie wanted him gone?🤔

The fact that the trade benefitted Wentz much more than the Eagles. The fact that every media report for the last month has said he wants out. But feel free to continue to be in denial about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does the Wentz apologists squad need Carson to tell them goodbye or will they be following him to Indy? 

15 minutes ago, vaff said:

The fact that the trade benefitted Wentz much more than the Eagles. The fact that every media report for the last month has said he wants out. But feel free to continue to be in denial about it.

Ok

Here's embedded video in Twitter.  He says no request for trade from Wentz, and no threat such as not showing up for camp.  

On 2/8/2021 at 9:41 AM, Vman1968 said:

Doesn't really matter.   They issue is Roseman.   It is now and it will be when Wentz is gone.   I'd rather him grab himself by his little nads and answer questions by reports who actually have balls to ask some really hard questions.    The guy is a colossal failure as a GM and the only one who cant see it is Lurie

That's why I have to laugh whenever I see posts about ""Howie" needs to get it right this time..." or something similar.                At what point does it sink in that this is what he is, and the results are not going to suddenly improve.         It's nothing short of a disgrace that Lurie cleaned house yet left the clown in place who created the entire mess.

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

FWIW (who knows what's true) per Mike Garafalo on NFLN:

Neither Carson Wentz nor his agent formally asked for a trade.  

In the video that plays on this link:

https://www.nfl.com/news/carson-wentz-trade-philadelphia-eagles-indianapolis-colts

But he's a crybaby that couldn't take it here and wanted out

/sarcasm

Good luck to him. I'm sure he'll do well with Colts. Lucky Fs

On 2/9/2021 at 9:43 AM, NOTW said:

Lurie once said he was taking "voluminous notes" about the draft process and player evaluation and that research led him to put Howie in charge of "streamlining" the draft (this was Reid's last year). 

He had good notes... but the laminator was on back order due to Covid, and the notes got wet in all this wintry mix of precipitation, so he can't read it.   So, he's just re-reading the old notes from 2010, 2011, and 2012.  

Until the Eagles remove Howie from having a main voice in the draft, this team will be dysfunctional. It's so simple, but Lurie will not see it. If you keep your "love him long time butt buddy Howie", then only let him do what he is good at; the cap, maybe some free agent acquisitions, etc., but hire a great evaluator of talent to run the personnel operations and the draft. Do that, and you have a chance to win on a steady basis, and the dysfunction dies. But NOOooooooooo.....

On 2/9/2021 at 9:43 AM, NOTW said:

Lurie's research: 

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 11.14.56 AM.png

What a waist. Greek Tragedy. The old players Howie choose were not an answer. Howie Failed at building the team and replenish offensive line with healthy players. Wentz failed at being coached and Doug failed to coach him. A very promising young QB in 2016 ended up as the worst QB in 2020. As a person...I wish Wentz Luck, because he has given a lot to the city of Philadelphia and partially helped to bring in our Only Super Bowl. Thanks Wentz and Goodbye. 

• Like 1