Does Carson Wentz need to speak. Update: Carson posted goodbye on Instagram

Does Carson Wentz need to speak on the situation  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Does Carson Wentz need to speak on the situation

• No. He is under contract and I expect him to be an Eagle in 2021.
    • No. The speculation tells me he wants out and I don't need confirmation
    • Yes. I know he will be here, but want him to stop the rumors
    • Yes. Own it that you want out.
    • Don't care if he speaks at all, regardless of his intentions.

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

This is going to be one terrible off-season isn't it?

Yep.

After Wentz is on the roster still March 20th, we will have to come up with the next narrative to create.  I say we go with Eagles are trading Fletcher Cox next.

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yep.

After Wentz is on the roster still March 20th, we will have to come up with the next narrative to create.  I say we go with Eagles are trading Fletcher Cox next.

Oh now Fletcher wants out.....I mean he hasn't stated publicly he doesn't right? :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

What do some of you want him to say? I love the new coach who hasn't even finished filling the entire staff, let alone start designing a system to implement with that coaching staff, but it all sounds great in theory? The guy has no reason to speak right now.

I would love it if he would admit that I'm his favorite poster in here. But he hasn't said I'm not soooooo.

No.  Just has to do his job well.  Open competition at QB now.  Up to him to rally and take advantage of the opportunity..

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

No. It doesn’t weigh on my mind even one iota. 

How much of an iota was involved in reading this topic title, opening it, clicking to vote and then writing a reply?

Huh?  Shows you care a little bud!  :P

Man, my brain is fried from work.  :lol:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, NOTW said:

How much of an iota was involved in reading this topic title, opening it, clicking to vote and then writing a reply?

Huh?  Shows you care a little bud!  :P

Man, my brain is fried from work.  :lol:

Post count is still life. I care about that many iotas. :lol:

20 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Post count is still life. I care about that many iotas. :lol:

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Idc. If he wanted out he would've asked for it already like Watson. If Doug was still here then I would believe it without him saying anything

If he wanted to stay and command the team he would say so 

18 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

If he wanted to stay and command the team he would say so 

Wait a second.

People have been pounding the table saying Wentz is a crap human being, got Doug fired and that he's a terrible teammate that needs to be more of a team player...

And you truly believe it would go over smoothly if he came out and said "This is my team and Im the captain of this ship"?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Wait a second.

People have been pounding the table saying Wentz is a crap human being, got Doug fired and that he's a terrible teammate that needs to be more of a team player...

And you truly believe it would go over smoothly if he came out and said "This is my team and Im the captain of this ship"?

My response would be - No and I'm not sure whether he or the Eagles know whether he will or should be here or not.

I don't see what Wentz can possibly say right now that would help the situation given the circumstances, unless people want him to come out and lie to us.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Idc. If he wanted out he would've asked for it already like Watson. If Doug was still here then I would believe it without him saying anything

I agree, I don’t care either.  I’m not sure why anyone does, though I guess I can understand some people thinking a player (any player, not specifically Carson) might want to say something about it just to get their own feelings out there - assuming they’re aware of all the chatter, that is.  Still though, while some players/ people may be the type to tend toward being proactive and expressive in a situation like this, as opposed to allowing others to fuel speculation, I don’t think every personality type would feel inclined to do so.  If he had been asked about it directly on camera or something and refused to answer that might be viewed as being more significant, but players really aren’t under any obligation to speak to this type of stuff one way or the other.  

The one thing I will say in regard to your Watson statement is, it seemed like we "heard” about him allegedly wanting a trade a few weeks or so before he officially made his feelings known.  I say that only to note that technically it’s still possible Carson will say something publicly, even if it hasn’t happened yet.  Not that I necessarily expect that to happen, but who knows?

He could be avoiding speaking publicly because of a deal he made with the FO to keep quiet while they try to work out a deal to move him as per his request.  Either way I don’t feel the need to hear from him like so many of you.  

Stupid Fing thread but not surprising. He's supposed to be the franchise QB. The season ended with rumors of him wanting out, the coach got fired, and a new coach was hired. He should have spoken about 10 times by now. It has nothing to do with the fans or media getting what they want, it's about how a supposed leader and franchise player is supposed to act and the lack of communication is just another example of where this guy comes up short. Meanwhile you've got Hurts out there talking about getting better, wanting to compete for the job, talking about being a leader for the team, etc. Wentz could learn a lot from that rook.

27 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Stupid Fing thread but not surprising. He's supposed to be the franchise QB. The season ended with rumors of him wanting out, the coach got fired, and a new coach was hired. He should have spoken about 10 times by now. It has nothing to do with the fans or media getting what they want, it's about how a supposed leader and franchise player is supposed to act and the lack of communication is just another example of where this guy comes up short. Meanwhile you've got Hurts out there talking about getting better, wanting to compete for the job, talking about being a leader for the team, etc. Wentz could learn a lot from that rook.

The only reason Hurts spoke is he is on some promotional tour for Oiko yogurt or something, and it was brought up.  He did not go out of his way to make media availability to speak.

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The only reason Hurts spoke is he is on some promotional tour for Oiko yogurt or something, and it was brought up.  He did not go out of his way to make media availability to speak.

As opposed to taking a vow of silence like the other QB. Either way, Hurts isn't the supposed starting QB, leader, and face of the franchise like 11 is. With that comes responsibility which includes facing the music when things get tough. Only the biggest Wentz apologist would make excuses for this. If he does still want to be here, make an instagram post or tweet and say that. If he wants out, just say something generic like ''it was a tough season for me and the team and we are evaluating things moving forward with a new coach and hope that we can work things out and get back to being a winning franchise'' blah blah blah. 

6 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

As opposed to taking a vow of silence like the other QB. Either way, Hurts isn't the supposed starting QB, leader, and face of the franchise like 11 is. With that comes responsibility which includes facing the music when things get tough. Only the biggest Wentz apologist would make excuses for this. If he does still want to be here, make an instagram post or tweet and say that. If he wants out, just say something generic like ''it was a tough season for me and the team and we are evaluating things moving forward with a new coach and hope that we can work things out and get back to being a winning franchise'' blah blah blah. 

What if one is waiting to decide based on when the staff are finally established and complete?

What you want and what Carson should do aren't necessarily mutual...

2 minutes ago, mihailo said:

What if one is waiting to decide based on when the staff are finally established and complete?

Like I said, if he is unsure or just plain wants out, something like this works just fine.

'it was a tough season for me and the team and we are evaluating things moving forward with a new coach and hope that we can work things out and get back to being a winning franchise'' blah blah blah.''