Ertz trade talk

DBW

Russ complains about his pass protection so they are trying to trade for Ertz?  Not buying it. 

Roseman up to his old tricks by trying to generate interest through the media for a player. 

38 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Russ complains about his pass protection so they are trying to trade for Ertz?  Not buying it. 

Roseman up to his old tricks by trying to generate interest through the media for a player. 

Its an interesting scenario  if seattle thinks wilson is going to gone, wentz and ertz would be something to consider (thats if you think wentz is fixable of course)

Now personally i would really be excited seeing wilson in  an eagles uni

5 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

His stock dropped after last season with his lack of effort for a new contract

Being injured didn’t help either.  

12 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

Its an interesting scenario  if seattle thinks wilson is going to gone, wentz and ertz would be something to consider (thats if you think wentz is fixable of course)

Now personally i would really be excited seeing wilson in  an eagles uni

Imagine Carson goes to Seattle and throws 35 tds to guys named Metcalf and Ertz.  This board would implode and Howie would need to go into protective custody. 

1 minute ago, DBW said:

Being injured didn’t help either.  

His lack of effort was not because of injury

Just now, Mike030270 said:

His lack of effort was not because of injury

Didn’t say it was, but he missed half the season with an ankle injury.  On top of that.  

That's fine. Team is due a rebuild. Need to move on from aging expensive veterans.

Ertz, Malik, Alshon, Djacc for starters..

5 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

His stock dropped after last season with his lack of effort for a new contract

Yeah i would have never have seen it coming. Ertz was the last guy i would guess pulling a djax on us.    I think the when we drafted Goedirt it got in his head. Kinda like drafting hurtz got in wentz’s head.  

These things reflect in the FO to me.  It feels like a lack of communication between players and staff/management and/or super over sensitive players who can’t seem to simply do what they are getting paid to do which is fit into a 53 man roster 

21 minutes ago, DBW said:

Imagine Carson goes to Seattle and throws 35 tds to guys named Metcalf and Ertz.  This board would implode and Howie would need to go into protective custody. 

I actually cant imagine it honestly.   But i do know wentz isnt on wilsons level.  And we have goedirt where as ertz best years are behind him.  Of course this is just my thinking.  Some fans here love wentz and want it to work.  Im not one of them

i can imagine wilson and geodirt becoming a deadly connection though

and i LOVE the thought of wilson backed by hurtz and wilson grooming hurtz on being a successful mobile qb in the nfl

and finally,  we automatically become the nfce favorite by adding wilson and it would be an exciting offseason.  Right now it’s just grim and keeping wentz and/or ertz here doesnt make it any brighter

I take it there is zero difference in terms of cap impact between Ertz being traded and Ertz being cut?

Unfortunately, this is one of those situations where teams will most likely wait for us to release him rather than offer a pick. 

1 hour ago, SNOORDA said:

Yeah i would have never have seen it coming. Ertz was the last guy i would guess pulling a djax on us.    I think the when we drafted Goedirt it got in his head. Kinda like drafting hurtz got in wentz’s head.  

These things reflect in the FO to me.  It feels like a lack of communication between players and staff/management and/or super over sensitive players who can’t seem to simply do what they are getting paid to do which is fit into a 53 man roster 

How did drafting Goedert get into Ertz's head?? He had his best 2 seasons of his career after Goedert was drafted. 

He had a sheet year this year for multiple reasons same as basically the whole team. 

17 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

How did drafting Goedert get into Ertz's head?? He had his best 2 seasons of his career after Goedert was drafted. 

He had a sheet year this year for multiple reasons same as basically the whole team. 

Something is in his head. Clearly he wasnt giving his full effort last season.  Im not looking at the whole teams play.  Im talking about his.  He wasnt playing with any inspiration at all.  

but im only speculating as the the reasona and goedirt drafted in the 2nd rnd is the thing i keep going back to

but in any case, you are as good as your last season and ertz took a big step backwards as did wentz

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

Ertz will either be cut or thrown into a Wentz trade package as an afterthought.  

How does the compensation pick work here if Ertz is released?

51 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Trade Seattle, Wentz, Ertz and Dillard for Wilson. 🤣

Id also be all for this but that still isnt enough to get him and Wilson will get  killed here too.

6 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

How does the compensation pick work here if Ertz is released?

Id also be all for this but that still isnt enough to get him and Wilson will get  killed here too.

I could be mistaken, but I’m pretty sure released players do not generate any compensatory consideration.  

Just now, SNOORDA said:

Something is in his head. Clearly he wasnt giving his full effort last season.  Im not looking at the whole teams play.  Im talking about his.  He wasnt playing with any inspiration at all.  

but im only speculating as the the reasona and goedirt drafted in the 2nd rnd is the thing i keep going back to

Ertz wanted a new deal like all the other top right ends were getting. Knowing Ertz was pissed about it Howie should of just traded him instead. Ertz had no leverage  and Howie knew it 

I know people are pissed at Ertz and I don't care for the way he handled it this past year either. The team is a disaster starting at the top. The FO managed to piss a lot of people off this year

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I could be mistaken, but I’m pretty sure released players do not generate any compensatory consideration.  

Correct you have to lose them in free agency. If you got comp picks for a release they would be cutting everyone lol

34 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Unfortunately, this is one of those situations where teams will most likely wait for us to release him rather than offer a pick. 

That’s because they know we have no choice but to get his salary off the books.  If the Eagles could even pretend that keeping him were an option, they might be able to flip him for a pick.

No one needs to climb to the rooftop to catch a drop of rain that will hit them on street level.

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Ertz wanted a new deal like all the other top right ends were getting. Knowing Ertz was pissed about it Howie should of just traded him instead. Ertz had no leverage  and Howie knew it 

I know people are pissed at Ertz and I don't care for the way he handled it this past year either. The team is a disaster starting at the top. The FO managed to piss a lot of people off this year

Yeah money is surely the big issue but having goedirt certainly effects ertz’s leverage in contract negotiations.  

also, i did say ertz best years are behind him.  But that’s not a certainty.  He could come back and be a top te.  I just dont think it’s likely here.  I like ertz.  I dont like the way his career as an eagle is ending.  I wish it went more like celeks did.  

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Correct you have to lose them in free agency. If you got comp picks for a release they would be cutting everyone lol

Which further illustrates how badly Howie has bungled the cap.  If Ertz is truly untradable, you keep him on the roster for the year, get something out of him, and collect on a late round comp pick the following year.  

Instead, they’ll cut him now, eat a few million in dead $$$, and get nothing.  Nicely done Howie.

Archived