Ertz trade talk

DBW

1 hour ago, Portyansky said:

Ertz pulled a Djax and played not to get hurt.

4 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

Something is in his head. Clearly he wasnt giving his full effort last season.  Im not looking at the whole teams play.  Im talking about his.  He wasnt playing with any inspiration at all.  

but im only speculating as the the reasona and goedirt drafted in the 2nd rnd is the thing i keep going back to

but in any case, you are as good as your last season and ertz took a big step backwards as did wentz

We will never know, but in my mind he played his worst with Hurts as the starter. So I think he (consciously or not) sabotaged him for his friendship with Wentz. Pretty much the polar opposite of Jeffery, who looked like giving zero effort until Hurts came in.

5 hours ago, Infam said:

We will never know, but in my mind he played his worst with Hurts as the starter. So I think he (consciously or not) sabotaged him for his friendship with Wentz. Pretty much the polar opposite of Jeffery, who looked like giving zero effort until Hurts came in.

Dude, Ertz was trash all season. When Hurts came in he was even more disinterested bc he just didn't care. The reason why Alshon looked good was bc Hurts knew how to use him, he trusted him and put the ball where only Alshon had a chance for it. 

13 hours ago, DBW said:

Two teams in the mix are Seattle and Indy.  Potential package with wentz?  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/eagles/.amp/news/eagles-have-talked-to-seahawks-colts-about-trade-for-zach-ertz

Wentz and Ertz and all of our receivers to Seattle for Wilson and Metcalf. Make it happen Howie :groovy:

I think we either deal him for a day 3 pick (at best ... as mentioned by others teams may just wait knowing we'll release him) or use him to sweeten a Wentz trade package.  Wentz having his favorite weapon to throw to would be something for any team taking on the QB with hopes of getting him back to an elevated level of play to take into consideration.  Say we have indeed been offered 2 x 2nd rd picks by Indy and Howie is holding out for a 1st ... perhaps throwing in Ertz and maybe one of our 5th rd picks will get that 1st and a 2nd.  If it played out that way, it could very well be a 2nd this year and next year's 1st but at least Howie would save face somewhat and say he got his 1st.  

45 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

The reason why Alshon looked good was

... because he wasn't being called for blatant OPI. 

Also, "good" is a strong word. He was no more productive per snap than JJAW. 

On 2/15/2021 at 3:00 AM, time2rock said:

I think we either deal him for a day 3 pick (at best ... as mentioned by others teams may just wait knowing we'll release him) or use him to sweeten a Wentz trade package.  Wentz having his favorite weapon to throw to would be something for any team taking on the QB with hopes of getting him back to an elevated level of play to take into consideration.  Say we have indeed been offered 2 x 2nd rd picks by Indy and Howie is holding out for a 1st ... perhaps throwing in Ertz and maybe one of our 5th rd picks will get that 1st and a 2nd.  If it played out that way, it could very well be a 2nd this year and next year's 1st but at least Howie would save face somewhat and say he got his 1st.  

Ertz in the Indy Wentz deal would up the two 2s offer to include a 4, at best

On 2/15/2021 at 3:00 AM, time2rock said:

Two 2s and a 4 would be a great start to rebuild the roster.  Howie should take that offer and run before Indy goes in another direction

On 2/15/2021 at 1:56 AM, Infam said:

We already know. He showed no effort in the game because he didn't want to get hurt

On 2/15/2021 at 8:10 AM, brkmsn said:

... because he wasn't being called for blatant OPI. 

Also, "good" is a strong word. He was no more productive per snap than JJAW. 

Exactly. It was amazing how he was able to get away with it. Padded his stats a little

On 2/15/2021 at 1:59 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If Indy are interested then packaging him up with Wentz would make sense. 

I think the Eagles are trying to push Ertz into the deal in order to get Indy to go to a first so they can accommodate Wentz and save face. They can’t walk away (in their minds) without a first, and Indy isn’t offering one, but it think it’s going to cost more than that to get Indy to budge. 

On 2/15/2021 at 12:53 AM, Portyansky said:

Ertz pulled a Djax and played not to get hurt.

Ertz always made business decisions when it came to breaking tackles and blocking, but more so now since his bestie set him up to get his ribs broke in 2019. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I think the Eagles are trying to push Ertz into the deal in order to get Indy to go to a first so they can accommodate Wentz and save face. They can’t walk away (in their minds) without a first, and Indy isn’t offering one, but it think it’s going to cost more than that to get Indy to budge. 

I would tend to agree with that. I can certainly see the Eagles giving something back to Indy (be it a pick or a player) in order to get a first.

18 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I would tend to agree with that. I can certainly see the Eagles giving something back to Indy (be it a pick or a player) in order to get a first.

Ertz has little to no value at this point so I don’t see how he’s going to move the needle that much. 

34 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Ertz has little to no value at this point so I don’t see how he’s going to move the needle that much. 

He's under contract and I think we could fetch a fourth or something like that for him.

On 2/15/2021 at 12:46 AM, SNOORDA said:

Yeah i would have never have seen it coming. Ertz was the last guy i would guess pulling a djax on us.    I think the when we drafted Goedirt it got in his head. Kinda like drafting hurtz got in wentz’s head.  

These things reflect in the FO to me.  It feels like a lack of communication between players and staff/management and/or super over sensitive players who can’t seem to simply do what they are getting paid to do which is fit into a 53 man roster 

Sorry but the one aspect of this whole sorry saga that I absolutely cannot buy is that a team can't get in high quality players at a Vets position in case it upsets them,

16 hours ago, NOTW said:

Daniel Jeremiah's mock draft has the Eagles taking TE Kyle Pitts at #6.

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2021-nfl-mock-draft-2-0-saints-select-drew-brees-heir-apparent

:roll:

That's not a completely out there pick, Pitts is an athletic freak who listed as tight end but could play outside receiver and is definitely a top 10 prospect in the draft, probably top 5 on talent. I'd rather we took a genuine blue chip like him than reach for a guy who isn't a top ten level talent because Howie thinks we need at the position, because honestly that's where we screw up drafts

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He's under contract and I think we could fetch a fourth or something like that for him.

A 4th seems a little steep to me. Two consecutive seasons with injuries and he’s coming off a pretty bad season. I don’t think it’s enough to push Indy over the top anyways. 

24 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

A 4th seems a little steep to me. Two consecutive seasons with injuries and he’s coming off a pretty bad season. I don’t think it’s enough to push Indy over the top anyways. 

Two consecutive seasons with injuries? Last year he played 15 games, had just over 900 yards and 6 TDs. Not sure I'd call that an injury hit season? He may have played through injury but a lot of players do that... I think for the #1 receiver on a team with very little else to work with those are very impressive numbers given teams could really target him and game plan for him.

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Two consecutive seasons with injuries? Last year he played 15 games, had just over 900 yards and 6 TDs. Not sure I'd call that an injury hit season? He may have played through injury but a lot of players do that... I think for the #1 receiver on a team with very little else to work with those are very impressive numbers given teams could really target him and game plan for him.

There is a steep drop off from 2019 to 2020. I still think a 4th might be high, but kudos to Howie if he can pull off a trade for at least a 4th for Ertz. He couldn’t even get a deal done for him after 2019 when he was suspected to be on the market. 

59 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

There is a steep drop off from 2019 to 2020. I still think a 4th might be high, but kudos to Howie if he can pull off a trade for at least a 4th for Ertz. He couldn’t even get a deal done for him after 2019 when he was suspected to be on the market. 

That's very true there is a steep drop off from 2019 to 2020. That said I think teams could convince themselves that perhaps injuries, issues on the Eagles offense and Ertz being unhappy could have affected him?

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's very true there is a steep drop off from 2019 to 2020. That said I think teams could convince themselves that perhaps injuries, issues on the Eagles offense and Ertz being unhappy could have affected him?

Ertz took it hard that he felt the Eagles weren’t giving him a fair value trade. They should have pulled the trigger last year to move him, but they probably over valued what he was worth and then he got injured. Teams know the Eagles cap situation so they know if the hold out some of these guys might end up available anyways. 

1 hour ago, weko said:

Probably have to settle for a 5th rounder for Ertz

At this point everybody and their mom knows he won't be on the roster at the start of the new league year due to our cap situation, so they could just sit back and wait until we cut him. 

Archived