Ertz trade talk

DBW

7 minutes ago, time2rock said:

At this point everybody and their mom knows he won't be on the roster at the start of the new league year due to our cap situation, so they could just sit back and wait until we cut him. 

Not necessarily.

Lets say multiple teams are interested (as is reported, true or not), then there is some incentive to trade for him to make sure he actually lands with you.

9 minutes ago, time2rock said:

At this point everybody and their mom knows he won't be on the roster at the start of the new league year due to our cap situation, so they could just sit back and wait until we cut him. 

i thought i read that his release or trade doesn't effect the eagles cap situation this season , just the fact we get a pick or nothing if released

7 minutes ago, Infam said:

Not necessarily.

Lets say multiple teams are interested (as is reported, true or not), then there is some incentive to trade for him to make sure he actually lands with you.

True.  I wouldn’t expect anything more than a 5th in that situation.  

9 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

i thought i read that his release or trade doesn't effect the eagles cap situation this season , just the fact we get a pick or nothing if released

Cutting or trading him would yield $4.7M in 2021 cap relief.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/nfl-cap-room-2021-eagles-howie-roseman-alshon-jeffery-malik-jackson-zach-ertz

I feel like he is another guy that is as good as gone.  He let the contract negotiations get in the way last year.  And now his buddy Carson is gone.

3 hours ago, Infam said:

Colts?

58 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Colts?

32 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

and Chicago! 🤪

Where have I heard those before... I'm sure it was recently...

😉

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Where have I heard those before... I'm sure it was recently...

😉

Both LA teams are interested too...

Just now, Ray75 said:

That makes sense. I mean certainly the Rams. They are all in on winning now. 

Teams mentioned last week were the Colts, Seahawks and now added today Chargers and Rams.

Not sure where people heard Bears from. 

Teams would offer a trade because they wont have to fight to sign him in FA. Doesnt mean they would give a lot but worth a late pick to not have to fight and drive up the price. 

39 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That makes sense. I mean certainly the Rams. They are all in on winning now. 

7 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Guessing they will be forced to release.  Teams know these players are going to be cut by the Eagles. 

Teams can get him now for a mid round pick on a one year 8 million deal or wait until the Eagles cut him and find themselves in a bidding war.

If he hits FA, he’ll cost the new team probably more than those 8 million he has left on his current deal.

Basically a one year rental for a 4th or 5th or get him in FA and have to offer him a 2-3 year contract at about 10 million annually. 

That’s why teams are interested in dealing for him now...

15 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Teams can get him now for a mid round pick on a one year 8 million deal or wait until the Eagles cut him and find themselves in a bidding war.

If he hits FA, he’ll cost the new team probably more than those 8 million he has left on his current deal.

Basically a one year rental for a 4th or 5th or get him in FA and have to offer him a 2-3 year contract at about 10 million annually. 

That’s why teams are interested in dealing for him now...

That's why you think teams are interested in him.  This si more Howie trying to create a market.  Ertz looks washed and if anything is overpaid on that final year of the contract.  He will be able to find a new team but I don't see teams getting into a bidding war over him if released. 

29 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

That's why you think teams are interested in him.  This si more Howie trying to create a market.  Ertz looks washed and if anything is overpaid on that final year of the contract.  He will be able to find a new team but I don't see teams getting into a bidding war over him if released. 

Agree to disagree but this is the way I see it...

FYI Seahawks payed Olson 7 million for one year, he was 35 at the time. I believe Ertz has a little more left in the tank and 2020 was just a down season for him.

35 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Agree to disagree but this is the way I see it...

FYI Seahawks payed Olson 7 million for one year, he was 35 at the time. I believe Ertz has a little more left in the tank and 2020 was just a down season for him.

Greg Olson the year before he signed with the Seahawks: 52 receptions, 597 yards & 2 TDs

Zach Ertz last season: 36 receptions, 335 yards and 1 TD.

Also they signed him off the streets, they didn't send a draft pick for him.  I doubt there is much of any market for Ertz right now.  A TE that looks washed that just had the worst season of his career that wants to be paid like the top TEs in the league with a new contract.  

I think he's still got a couple of seasons left, but not with the eagles. He lost interest this year and now wentz has gone so is he 

24 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Greg Olson the year before he signed with the Seahawks: 52 receptions, 597 yards & 2 TDs

Zach Ertz last season: 36 receptions, 335 yards and 1 TD.

Also they signed him off the streets, they didn't send a draft pick for him.  I doubt there is much of any market for Ertz right now.  A TE that looks washed that just had the worst season of his career that wants to be paid like the top TEs in the league with a new contract.  

If someone has an off year, doesn’t mean he’s washed IMO.

The whole contract dispute got to him and on top of that got injured. I fully believe that if he wouldn’t have went to IR, Eagles would’ve traded him at the deadline last year to a contender. 

Contenders always gravitate to older established vets to make a push.

9 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

If someone has an off year, doesn’t mean he’s washed IMO.

The whole contract dispute got to him and on top of that got injured. I fully believe that if he wouldn’t have went to IR, Eagles would’ve traded him at the deadline last year to a contender. 

Contenders always gravitate to older established vets to make a push.

Yeah and I'm sure he will sign with one on a one year prove it deal but at this point I doubt anyone gives up an asset for him when he will be available very shortly on the free market if not traded.  He looked awful this past season with the exception of one catch and run down the field from Hurts. 

3 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Thought I heard Seattle was interested as well.

4 hours ago, time2rock said:

Thought I heard Seattle was interested as well.

Heard that too... 

23 hours ago, time2rock said:

Exactly. From what I understand, as soon as the new league year hits, moving him after that does nothing to help the cap. He’d have to be cut before then to free up any space. And trading wouldn’t help, since the trade can’t be official until the new league year. Which is why I said (and was called names by a LOT of people here) that he should have been trade after the 2018 season. 

18 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Teams mentioned last week were the Colts, Seahawks and now added today Chargers and Rams.

Not sure where people heard Bears from. 

Teams would offer a trade because they wont have to fight to sign him in FA. Doesnt mean they would give a lot but worth a late pick to not have to fight and drive up the price. 

His current contract is also pretty favorable and that has value in an offseason with so many teams strapped against the cap.

12 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

His current contract is also pretty favorable and that has value in an offseason with so many teams strapped against the cap.

But teams also understand he wants a massive contract 

Archived