**** EMB Fantasy Baseball *****

31 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Everyone happy with their team?

I’m looking forward to trades, especially come May/June when my team is more healthy. 

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

A couple pitchers I want went right before my pick, so I went a little offense heavy early. But there’s always free agent pitchers that come out of nowhere so it’s not like I can’t solve any pitching problems later.

12 minutes ago, downundermike said:

A couple pitchers I want went right before my pick, so I went a little offense heavy early. But there’s always free agent pitchers that come out of nowhere so it’s not like I can’t solve any pitching problems later.

My strategy for a few years has been to try to get a top level pitcher in the second then fill in with mid tier guys later on and keep up on the waiver wire.  It’s served me well.

Wish I could have gotten a little better than Giolito BUT I knew with being 1st pick all the aces would be gone till it came back to me

39 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

My strategy for a few years has been to try to get a top level pitcher in the second then fill in with mid tier guys later on and keep up on the waiver wire.  It’s served me well.

Wish I could have gotten a little better than Giolito BUT I knew with being 1st pick all the aces would be gone till it came back to me

I was eyeing Giolito when you picked him right before me

3 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Sort of crapped the bed with a catcher, but otherwise yes. 

I completely blew my first pick because the app froze. But then I think I settled in ok. Pitchers went fast, but I went with a strategy to pick some early, middle, and late. Get some reliable players early and go for some flyers at the end. 

Either it went ok or I screwed up royally. I guess we’ll see. 

No idea if it’s good or bad but drafting a 1st basemen with a meniscus tear is not the best start.

19 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

No idea if it’s good or bad but drafting a 1st basemen with a meniscus tear is not the best start.

He’s gonna be back in a few weeks - don’t forget baseball season is about three years long :lol: 

On 3/27/2021 at 8:06 PM, Shepard Wong said:

Remember the Greatest Show on Turf?   I drafted Trent Green, really early in the draft because the Rams were blowing up the preseason, exactly 17 minutes after I drafted him, he tore his ACL.   Then after the laughter stopped at my misfortune, I was asked "aren’t you gonna draft his b/u in Kurt Warner?”  "Nope he’s garbage, dude was in the Arena League, he’ll be back to bagging groceries in a month.”   Dude threw 41tds. 
 Well the guy that did draft him won the league and it helped that he already had Issac Bruce.   

• Haha 1

Hunt runs a team fantasy football league on here where you draft 3 NFL teams and 1 individual player from the 2 leftover teams and build your fantasy team from those rosters.

I drafted the entire Colts roster in the second round the day before Andrew Luck announced his retirement.  That one hurt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/27/2021 at 2:47 PM, mikemack8 said:

For the most part. Hit on some targets. Starting pitching is solid. Mix of young aces and older all stars. Relief pitching is suspect, as I neglected that area of the roster until late in the draft.

Should field a pretty competitive team. And as always, will be eyeing surprise players and unknowns who emerge and race to add them before the rest of you lol

2 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

For the most part. Hit on some targets. Starting pitching is solid. Mix of young aces and older all stars. Relief pitching is suspect, as I neglected that area of the roster until late in the draft.

Should field a pretty competitive team. And as always, will be eyeing surprise players and unknowns who emerge and race to add them before the rest of you lol

"Commissioner moves Iggles25 to last in the waiver order"

Get those lineups set.  If you have questions or need help, post in this thread.  Once they announce lineups a couple hours before the game, you get an "S" next to your player if they are active.  There is a red logo of some kind, don't remember if they are not going to play.  You can also set alerts in the ESPN fantasy app that tell you if a guy in your lineup is not playing.

image.png.bc8463f5052168f2b9a5c9170767034a.png

4 minutes ago, RPeeteRules said:

A couple games already postponed today.

Yep.  Hopefully you guys all have bench guys to replace them.  That is why I love those multi position eligible guys on my bench.

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yep.  Hopefully you guys all have bench guys to replace them.  That is why I love those multi position eligible guys on my bench.

I’ve got 4 position guys missing a game, as well as a couple pitchers, oh well.  Hopefully my team is able to recover. 

Just noticed I drafted a team full of power hitters. I might be in for a long season....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RPeeteRules said:

I’ve got 4 position guys missing a game, as well as a couple pitchers, oh well.  Hopefully my team is able to recover. 

Which team is yours ??

I’m Bills Baseballers.

soto not playing cause of covid is gonna hurt....

58 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I’m Bills Baseballers.

soto not playing cause of covid is gonna hurt....

Isn't a whole week's worth of games though?  Last I saw they were just postponing the game till tomorrow right?