**** EMB Fantasy Baseball *****

16 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Ugh - I don't think that will work for me Saturday morning, and I don't want an autopick team.

I could do earlier ??  What works ??

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

I could do earlier ??  What works ??

Later would be better for me - I'm taking my kid trout fishing in the morning - youth opener in PA.  Sorry to be difficult

2 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Later would be better for me - I'm taking my kid trout fishing in the morning - youth opener in PA.  Sorry to be difficult

What time zone are you in ??  Give me a time frame.

Just now, downundermike said:

What time zone are you in ??  Give me a time frame.

EST - anytime between 11 - 2 EST would work

7 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

f'n bucks county hillbilly!  :roll:   

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Not even close :lol: 

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

I was in Waterville last weekend - that near you at all?  It’s more north central PA than NEPA I guess

2 minutes ago, toolg said:

Admittedly, I haven't played Fantasy Baseball in over a decade. This should be fun.:lol:

Good thing even though it is daily, you can go out weeks and set your lineup.  When there is off days for teams, you don't have to do much as you just have all your players that are playing in.  Plus, with the ESPN fantasy app, if all your teams are playing, you can get alerts if someone is not in the lineup, then just go switch out with someone else.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Good thing even though it is daily, you can go out weeks and set your lineup.  When there is off days for teams, you don't have to do much as you just have all your players that are playing in.  Plus, with the ESPN fantasy app, if all your teams are playing, you can get alerts if someone is not in the lineup, then just go switch out with someone else.

Thanks for the tips! Yeah, last time I did this, smartphone apps didn't even exist yet... Probably going to take a few weeks to find my legs. I remember it's a different flow than Fantasy Football.

4 minutes ago, toolg said:

Thanks for the tips! Yeah, last time I did this, smartphone apps didn't even exist yet... Probably going to take a few weeks to find my legs. I remember it's a different flow than Fantasy Football.

PM me if you need any help.

19 hours ago, toolg said:

I'm in the same boat. Love baseball but haven't played fantasy baseball in over 10 years. Pretty sure I was in high school still. It's just hard to find ~10 people who are into baseball enough to want to do a fantasy league really.

I've been beating the drum that fantasy baseball is far superior to fantasy football for years - you can win a fantasy football league by picking players whose team has colors you like.

See you all for the draft tomorrow.  Curious if you guys are all Phillies fans, or fans of another team.  I am an Oakland A's fan.

8 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Phillies - I'm no fugazi

I moved to the states in 88, and within the first 2 months here I went to a game at Oakland Alameda.  Been an A's fan since.

I grew up a diehard Phillies fan. But I gave up after the MLB strike cancelled the World Series in 1994. Been a fair weather MLB fan since. I'm more a fan of the game. I'll have just as much fun watching minor leagues or other teams play.

May get hammered for this, but I'm a diehard Braves fan.

Grew up in south GA, and back in the day, TBS used to broadcast every game. It was a way of life lol

Became an Eagles fan in the late 80s as a young kid. Randall Cunningham and how he played attracted me to the team. Been a fan ever since.

I signed in the draft, but it's stuck on an ad screen. Is this normal?

Nevermind. I am in now. :lol:

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

May get hammered for this, but I'm a diehard Braves fan.

Grew up in south GA, and back in the day, TBS used to broadcast every game. It was a way of life lol

Became an Eagles fan in the late 80s as a young kid. Randall Cunningham and how he played attracted me to the team. Been a fan ever since.

F the Braves :lol: 

• Haha 2