**** EMB Fantasy Baseball *****

15 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Two weeks in a row the person I'm playing completely goes off on day one :rolleyes: 

Pitchers are key.  That’s why I went pitchers with my first 5 picks.  Those top end pitchers will generally get 20 pts a start, at least, but often get into the 30’s.  Their low score, on an off day often will result in some points.  Mid to lower end pitchers, you hope to get 20, are lucky to get into the 30s, and a bad day can result in negative points.

5 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

Pitchers are key.  That’s why I went pitchers with my first 5 picks.  Those top end pitchers will generally get 20 pts a start, at least, but often get into the 30’s.  Their low score, on an off day often will result in some points.  Mid to lower end pitchers, you hope to get 20, are lucky to get into the 30s, and a bad day can result in negative points.

Interesting strategy. Good hitters can also get you 20-30 points in a week. I think the difference is if you can get 2 starts from a pitcher in one matchup.

19 minutes ago, toolg said:

Interesting strategy. Good hitters can also get you 20-30 points in a week. I think the difference is if you can get 2 starts from a pitcher in one matchup.

Exactly.  I think the top hitter gets around the same value as the 10th best pitcher.  Looking at stats so far, the top batter has 59 pts while only 10 batters have more than 39 pts.  The best pitcher has 87 pts (8th best has 59), while 41 pitchers have 40 pts or more.

On 4/12/2021 at 7:31 AM, toolg said:

What's the deal with position eligibility? Moustakas has played every game at 3B, but he's only available at 1B or 2B? WTH?:huh:

Your boy is now 3rd base eligible.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out - in my experience I've never seen a person who went all in on pitching have any success.  Then again, I've never done a points league before.  

2 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

It will be interesting to see how it plays out - in my experience I've never seen a person who went all in on pitching have any success.  Then again, I've never done a points league before.  

You have to have balance.  Yes, a pitcher can score 40, but that is only once a week sometimes.  You can pitch great, get a ND and score less than 20 that week.  Nelson Cruz scored 43 points over the 10 day first matchup.

Plus baseball players in general are wimps anymore, especially pitchers :lol: Guys miss weeks for blisters 

Okay, who had Rodon?

Congrats.

My team can hardly scrap points together early on. Gotta keep the faith.

12 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

Okay, who had Rodon?

Congrats.

My team can hardly scrap points together early on. Gotta keep the faith.

Nobody.  He was added on waivers after the 1st game started yesterday, so he was not on the roster for yesterday.

3 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

Seriously, 726 PA already?  Dudes are killing it against me. 

Remember, FBB is a marathon, not a sprint.

47 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

Seriously, 726 PA already?  Dudes are killing it against me. 

It's a temporary bump for my team because my starters all cycled through early in the match up week.  I think you have 5 more starts left in the match up including deGrom and Scherzer.  I think I only have two left and only one from a good starter, Darvish.  

That and Acuna has been insane lately.  I expect you'll close the gap and probably take the lead this weekend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Remember, FBB is a marathon, not a sprint.

How are the divisions set up?  Is it the first five teams by the draft 1-5, and then the other being 6-10?   It’s been years since I’ve played fantasy baseball, but I’m glad I did again. Yes it’s a long season, but it’s really a great way to keep up with the sport, the players, and it keeps you on your toes.  We’ll all get to see the Phillies at the trade deadline get one of our guys, hopefully.  Anyway, since moving to Lewes 9 years ago from Wilmington, Kennett Square before that, and a person that had Thursday season tickets for years, I’ve been a crap fan, glad I’m back watching baseball again.   

42 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

It's a temporary bump for my team because my starters all cycled through early in the match up week.  I think you have 5 more starts left in the match up including deGrom and Scherzer.  I think I only have two left and only one from a good starter, Darvish.  

That and Acuna has been insane lately.  I expect you'll close the gap and probably take the lead this weekend.

We’ll see, my catcher is off today so w/o looking at his schedule I picked up Yadier Molina, and he’s off today as well, dope I am... 

1 hour ago, The Blackfish said:

We’ll see, my catcher is off today so w/o looking at his schedule I picked up Yadier Molina, and he’s off today as well, dope I am... 

I just lost 4 starters to the Mets/Phillies rain out.  The Phillies are already scheduled to play everyday for the next week so I doubt it will be made up anytime soon.

3 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

I just lost 4 starters to the Mets/Phillies rain out.  The Phillies are already scheduled to play everyday for the next week so I doubt it will be made up anytime soon.

The very first Series for the Nationals and  Mets was cancelled due to Covid, that’s why Scherzer’s schedule is jacked up, but those three games were killers to lose. 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Having a TV on your deck to watch baseball is rad

02FE41D9-3D42-4EEC-BC98-5C3E3B95D753.jpeg

That's an awesome setup man!

Nice week @RPeeteRules - when I saw you had some of your top guys going twice this week I knew I was toast.  ESPECIALLY with Corbin getting me NEGATIVE 17 points :lol: 

And as I'm typing this I see the Giolito has -11 in the bottom of the 1st.  I F'ing HATE pitchers 

• Haha 1

Just now, mikemack8 said:

Nice week @RPeeteRules - when I saw you had some of your top guys going twice this week I knew I was toast.  ESPECIALLY with Corbin getting me NEGATIVE 17 points :lol: 

And as I'm typing this I see the Giolito has -11 in the bottom of the 1st.  I F'ing HATE pitchers 

I had to bench a couple starters yesterday since it only allows 11 starts for pitchers.  Lots of high scores last week.  This may be a bad week for me as it seems my aces won’t be have two starts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RPeeteRules said:

I had to bench a couple starters yesterday since it only allows 11 starts for pitchers.  Lots of high scores last week.  This may be a bad week for me as it seems my aces won’t be have two starts.

You can start as many as you want the day that you hit 11.  It will not count any starts the following day.

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You can start as many as you want the day that you hit 11.  It will not count any starts the following day.

Ah, gotcha.  Thanks!

My boy is getting heated up at the plate, A's looking for an 11th straight win.  May have to start thinking about making Moneyball II.

Oakland Athletics: Matt Olson set for a big 2020 season

It’s come to my attention that my team sucks so I’m willing to listen to offers lol 

• Haha 1