**** EMB Fantasy Baseball *****

1 hour ago, toolg said:

I am going to lose this week. I only win when I suck. :lol:

Also, thanks for pitching Urquidy against me!

I almost picked someone else up yesterday instead of him.  Very glad I did, and could be the deciding move this week.

15 hours ago, downundermike said:

Gonna be a tight finish @Shepard Wong

You getting a 41 spot from Kluber and my lineup developing an allergy to hits on Sunday made it not so close.

25 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

You getting a 41 spot from Kluber and my lineup developing an allergy to hits on Sunday made it not so close.

I was worried going into the day.  Didn't expect Kluber to go 2017 Cy Young form.  I'll take it.

My weekly results so far:

Week 1 - 501 points (3rd highest Week 1 score), LOSS
Week 2 - 370 points (highest score :thumbsup:), WIN
Week 3 - 254 points (8th highest score :thumbdown:), WIN?!
Week 4 - 413 points (2nd highest score), LOSS!?

Makes sense. :wacko:  These H2H matchups are insane!

• Haha 1

@jwill2420 and I really burning up the scoreboard to start the week.  We both have had two pitchers start a game, and currently sit 37-28.  Pitchers are nice when they score there average, but it does not always work out.

I got a win and a ND yesterday and netted 23 points.  jwill got a win and loss today and netted 20 points.

5 hours ago, downundermike said:

@jwill2420 and I really burning up the scoreboard to start the week.  We both have had two pitchers start a game, and currently sit 37-28.  Pitchers are nice when they score there average, but it does not always work out.

I got a win and a ND yesterday and netted 23 points.  jwill got a win and loss today and netted 20 points.

I hear you on that. Greinke got me a whopping 6 points tonight. He usually averages around 20.

After two days, I'm down 171-90. :ph34r: I play against everyone's good week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

John Means throws a no hitter. Against my fantasy team! :lol:
It should have been a perfect game!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, toolg said:

John Means throws a no hitter. Against my fantasy team! :lol:
It should have been a perfect game!

6 hours ago, downundermike said:

That sucks @The Blackfish, Means got you everything but the perfect game even though he faced the minimum.

Gentlemen, even a broken clock is right twice a day, lol.  Yes he missed the perfect game but I’ll take the points.    Actually Means has been better than Degrom this year just too jinx him, now he’ll need Tommy John in June.

If you look at points scored, I’ve done pretty well this year, yesterday I had a bunch of pitchers going, only Means and Ynoa had good games, btw, Ynoa hit a grand slam, those points should count as well... Just sayin..... Haha.   My hitters, especially catchers are just awful, probably because I was a catcher in high school and this is the baseball gods getting back at me,  I think I had 3 in one week. 

Funny how I mentioned JA Happ last week and then you picked him up?   Seriously?  Coincidence?  Or a sick joke?    

7 hours ago, The Blackfish said:

Funny how I mentioned JA Happ last week and then you picked him up?   Seriously?  Coincidence?  Or a sick joke?    

Coincidence! I needed some pitching help after Burnes got put on IL last week.

Conforto is a sick joke. You drafted him!

1 hour ago, toolg said:

Coincidence! I needed some pitching help after Burnes got put on IL last week.

Conforto is a sick joke. You drafted him!

Not as sick as Machado, he’s killing me, what an awful pick by me, way to early. 

• Haha 1

Just a heads up to all I was making a transaction this morning and accidentally clicked on Corey Kluber instead of Kwang Hyun Kim who I meant to drop.  Used commish powers to correct it.  If you guys ever run into issues where you drop the wrong player let me know ASAP.  I will not fix it the next day, but if you give me a heads up right when it happens I can fix it.

Here we go with the commish abusing his power - first it's correcting his own mistakes, but once he gets a taste he'll soon be pulling guys right from our teams!  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Here we go with the commish abusing his power - first it's correcting his own mistakes, but once he gets a taste he'll soon be pulling guys right from our teams!  

Except your team, those guys blow.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Just a heads up to all I was making a transaction this morning and accidentally clicked on Corey Kluber instead of Kwang Hyun Kim who I meant to drop.  Used commish powers to correct it.  If you guys ever run into issues where you drop the wrong player let me know ASAP.  I will not fix it the next day, but if you give me a heads up right when it happens I can fix it.

Yes I meant to draft John Means and start him but I clicked the wrong guy.

5 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Yes I meant to draft John Means and start him but I clicked the wrong guy.

When I got him on waivers he was supposed to be with me for a week because don’t the Orioles usually suck?  Not that they’re great this year either. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, downundermike said:

@jwill2420 get that lineup set.

I did. I just did a bad job of drafting. My players cancel each other out cause they play the same position. My first time at FF baseball but I get it now. 

23 hours ago, downundermike said:

Is Means supposed to get points for a Perfect Game?
He ends up one wild pitch short, a dropped third-strike was the only baserunner in the game. But he still gets scored a Perfect Game when it's against me! :lol:

39 minutes ago, toolg said:

He ends up one wild pitch short, a dropped third-strike was the only baserunner in the game. But he still gets scored a Perfect Game when it's against me! :lol:

I made a phone call to the commish.  Shhhh. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, toolg said:

Not sure why ESPN changed the scoring.  I went and looked after the game was complete, and it showed Means had 56 points, and no bonus for the perfect game.  Not sure when it changed.  

13 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

Did you happen to notice when the PG points kicked in ??

19 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

It doesn't matter. I have no shot beating your team this week!

I Surrender GIFs | Tenor

Your team is killing it!