Jason La Canfora speculation: Deshaun Watson to Eagles?

Procus

27 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Sorry on the civil versus criminal point, a private individual can't file criminal charges and according to the accepted statistics only 384 of every 1000 rapes are reported, of that 384 only 57 will result in an arrest and only 11 will be taken to trial, so it is entirely possible that an incident could've been reported and not deemed worthy of investigation, the first report against Darren Sharper for example, it's believed that the Sheriif closed the investigation without ever arranging for the rape kits to be tested or formally interviewing Sharper. So the civil suit in and of itself isn't an indicator of motive. 

While only a prosecutor files criminal charges, in most instances, without a criminal complaint referral from the victim, nothing is filed.  How many women is Buzbee representing?  You telling me that the prosecutors office is going to blow off criminal complaints of sexual assault from 12 different women against the same man?  Even with the Darren Sharper situation (which was very egregious and involved drugging women before raping them), after the second complaint, they went after him.

And stop with the stats on rapes.  There have been no allegations of rape here - no penetration.  At best, these are allegations of simple sexual assault by women who are paid to work as masseuses at rub and tugs. Dig underneath their fingernails and let's see what can be found.

One thing for sure, Watson is guilty of lack of discretion.  He was a mark and now is being played big time.  But he is no rapist based on the allegations in these civil complaints.

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Just read there is now seven lawsuits against this dude. I don’t any team would touch this guy right now. On top of that the league will most certainly be involved. He’s completely untouchable while all this is going on. This to me seems a lot more than just some smear campaign by his own team and the lawyer of the accusers said he will be releasing texts from Watson. It will be interesting to see where it goes. 

Agreed. You can't take on a guy with these types of legal issues, whether he is innocent or not. It's a total distraction- period. You can't win like that. We don't need a circus in Philly- there are enough clowns here already.

Look I don't want to ish all over these women if they have been sexually assaulted but this seems suspicious? All of a sudden all these law suits come out?

But look this is just another reason for this team to not trade for Watson. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Look I don't want to ish all over these women if they have been sexually assaulted but this seems suspicious? All of a sudden all these law suits come out?

In these cases, it just starts to steamroll.  Same thing happens to many famous people now.  No one wants to be first, but after that one...look out!

Same thing with NY governor.  

Due process will tell if its a trap or if both are scumbags, but these guys will lawyer up and money can do magical things in a legal defense.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

All it takes is one voice for others to want to come forward. No one wants to to take on a powerful millionaire by themselves. When it's starts to become multiple women it makes it look more believable in my opinion. How many guys have gone to prison in the last 10 years or so when it's been multiple? Sharper, cosby, Epstein. Watson is screwed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

In these cases, it just starts to steamroller.  Same thing happens to many famous people now.  No one wants to be first, but after that one...look out!

Same thing with NY governor.  

Due process will tell if its a trap or if both are scumbags.

Usually if it was only one girl it goes away because no one else came forward so it usually becomes an isolated incident. 

Like you said though when it starts to be one after another look out! 

Everyone doubting these women are the reason you never hear about the 1 or 2 times because no one will believe them. 

Probably didn't get caught the first or second time so it became a game to him

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

All it takes is one voice for others to want to come forward. No one wants to to take on a powerful millionaire by themselves. When it's starts to become multiple women it makes it look more believable in my opinion. How many guys have gone to prison in the last 10 years or so when it's been multiple? Sharper, cosby, Epstein. Watson is screwed

I think he's screwed, too.  The climate around stuff like this has changed alot in the past couple of years.

He will lawyer up big time, but that may not be enough if just one of them proves true....let alone several of them...

21 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I think he's screwed, too.  The climate around stuff like this has changed alot in the past couple of years.

He will lawyer up big time, but that may not be enough if just one of them proves true....let alone several of them...

The accused carries the burden of proof that they didn't do it. 

15 hours ago, Procus said:

While only a prosecutor files criminal charges, in most instances, without a criminal complaint referral from the victim, nothing is filed.  How many women is Buzbee representing?  You telling me that the prosecutors office is going to blow off criminal complaints of sexual assault from 12 different women against the same man?  Even with the Darren Sharper situation (which was very egregious and involved drugging women before raping them), after the second complaint, they went after him.

And stop with the stats on rapes.  There have been no allegations of rape here - no penetration.  At best, these are allegations of simple sexual assault by women who are paid to work as masseuses at rub and tugs. Dig underneath their fingernails and let's see what can be found.

One thing for sure, Watson is guilty of lack of discretion.  He was a mark and now is being played big time.  But he is no rapist based on the allegations in these civil complaints.

From what I read, these were not rub and tugs. seven of these women are African American, two are Hispanic and three are Caucasian.  Two of them were connected to team trainers and the qb coach.  

sounds to me a lot like when antonio brown was trying to F his personal trainer.  

It appears Watson is a womanizing pig. 12 women aren’t making up the same story.  Stop blaming the victims here.   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Usually if it was only one girl it goes away because no one else came forward so it usually becomes an isolated incident. 

Like you said though when it starts to be one after another look out! 

Everyone doubting these women are the reason you never hear about the 1 or 2 times because no one will believe them. 

Probably didn't get caught the first or second time so it became a game to him

We won't know for sure until the investigation goes further, but it's not looking good for him with this many women filing a case. At the very minimum, Watson has shown poor judgement in being involved with this many women in the first place given his status as an NFL player; he slid into these girls' DMs (many of whom aren't even professional massage therapists) and brought this onto himself.

I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of a money grab by Tony Buzbee trying to increase the legitimacy by recruiting more women, but this is a professional athlete we're talking about and some of these guys have egos so big that think they can do whatever they want. You may have hit the nail right on the head with your last sentence, he didn't get caught the first time so he just kept on rolling. People are already digging up old tweets from his time at Clemson that suggest Watson may have exhibited similar behavior in college, so it's really not looking good for him.

• Like 2

Looks like Watson is stuck in Houston. I don't want him here even without the allegations.

17 minutes ago, DBW said:

From what I read, these were not rub and tugs. seven of these women are African American, two are Hispanic and three are Caucasian.  Two of them were connected to team trainers and the qb coach.  

sounds to me a lot like when antonio brown was trying to F his personal trainer.  

It appears Watson is a womanizing pig. 12 women aren’t making up the same story.  Stop blaming the victims here.   

I am not in the slightest trying to say there is nothing to this, but, if there is 12 victims, how has there not been 1 criminal case filed ??

Why would you not want justice first ??

11 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

ESPN reporting the lawsuits are up to 12 and 10 more pending. Just wow. 

That's one way to keep him in town.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

I am not in the slightest trying to say there is nothing to this, but, if there is 12 victims, how has there not been 1 criminal case filed ??

Embarrassment and fear they’ll be shamed.  As others have said look at the statistics of reported rapes and actual charges that come from them.  Many of these women feel that they won’t be believed, they be victim blamed, and nothing will ever come of it, and then when they go to trial, they’ll have to relive it all over.  The defense lawyers make them feel so ashamed on the stand.  It’s a legit real world problem that happens all to often.  What was the count on Tiger? 22?  Harvey Weinstein?  30 something? Once one comes out they all start coming out.  

I’m also starting to think that part of the reason Watson wants to be traded was he knew this info was coming out and is afraid it could have cost more than just the 6 figures, if he’s released or suspended etc.  could be trying to secure his financial future somewhere else.  

Just an overall shame for what was looking like a promising career for this young man. No matter how the investigation results come out, his life will never be the same.

Common sense would have gone a long way in him avoiding this mess, even if it comes out that he's innocent and just has questionable decision making in messaging all these women for massages. If he's guilty, then it's really unfortunate for the women who had to put up with his inappropriate behavior and he deserves whatever is coming.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, downundermike said:

There's a difference between being a mega toad and a rapist or criminal.

9 hours ago, DBW said:

seven of these women are African American, two are Hispanic and three are Caucasian. 

What does their race have to do with it, and how were these women victimized - by having the guy get a woody while he was being rubbed down, by having him come on to them?

This is bs.  Men and women are different, and if women don't want men to behave this way, don't rub them down.  In my book, if a woman is okay with a man stripping down and her rubbing him down, she should expect him to get turned on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Procus said:

What does their race have to do with it, and how were these women victimized - by having the guy get a woody while he was being rubbed down, by having him come on to them?

This is bs.  Men and women are different, and if women don't want men to behave this way, don't rub them down.  In my book, if a woman is okay with a man stripping down and her rubbing him down, she should expect him to get turned on.

The implication of your post was that these were all "rub and tug” masseuses which are primarily Asian run places so that’s where the race comes in.  These weren’t Asian golden palace girls. They were physical/massage therapists, more classy and educated than the picture you painted with your rub and tug comment.

asking for a handy is one thing. That just makes him pathetic and disgusting but he allegedly forced the one girl to give him oral.  That’s a drastically different level of pathetic and disgusting. 

"if Women don’t want men to act this way....”. WOW, and you don’t grasp how incredibly Fed up that statement is? 

8 minutes ago, DBW said:

asking for a handy is one thing. That just makes him pathetic and disgusting but he allegedly forced the one girl to give him oral.  That’s a drastically different level of pathetic and disgusting. 

"if Women don’t want men to act this way....”. WOW, and you don’t grasp how incredibly Fed up that statement is? 

"Forced" a girl to give him oral.   uh huh

And discretion goes both ways.  I don't want my daughter having men strip naked in front of her so they can rub him down.   A discerning woman will not do that, especially for a young man, and expect it to be purely platonic.

Your thought process is very f'd up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Procus said:

"Forced" a girl to give him oral.   uh huh

And discretion goes both ways.  I don't want my daughter having men strip naked in front of her so they can rub him down.   A discerning woman will not do that, especially for a young man, and expect it to be purely platonic.

Your thought process is very f'd up.

MY thought process is Fed up?  You basically just said these women asked for it, did it willingly then cry foul later, and/or should expect this stuff in their "profession” because they are ok with the man being nude.  I’ll have you know, I’ve gone to high end massage therapists in PA and if you wanna strip down, they’ll allow it, but they don’t ever expect my D in their mouth. 

• Like 2

This is bs.  There is not a man alive who would sue a woman if the situation were reversed and he was massaging a nude woman who placed his hands on her V or "forced" him to give her oral sex.  Absolute bs.

He may have behaved like a toad if the allegations are true, but this is not assault.  Oh boo hoo, he kissed me and I didn't want to be kissed.  Get real.

In any event, go read up on the lawyer Buzbee.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Buzbee

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Procus said:

This is bs.  There is not a man alive who would sue a woman if the situation were reversed and he was massaging a nude woman who placed his hands on her V or "forced" him to give her oral sex.  Absolute bs.

He may have behaved like a toad if the allegations are true, but this is not assault.  Oh boo hoo, he kissed me and I didn't want to be kissed.  Get real.

In any event, go read up on the lawyer Buzbee.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Buzbee

It’s sad that you think this way.  You’re 1000% part of the problem 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, DBW said:

It’s sad that you think this way.  You’re 1000% part of the problem 

What's the problem, and how old are you?   And as a follow up, how many men would sue if the situation were reversed?

Hint:   You have no idea what the "problem" is and you know damn well that not a single man would file such a suit.  You also haven't checked out who Buzbee is and what he's all about.

• Like 1