Eagles trade pick #6 and #156 to Miami for pick #12, #123, and a 2022 1st

Jenkins27

My biggest fear was that the Eagles were going to overthink this, and what do they do?  They overthink it.

Just blew a chance at drafting a beast at No. 6 overall.  Great way to lose interest in the team.

Thank god the 76ers are playing well otherwise sports would be a black hole for me.

They’re going to suck this year anyway.  Now they’ll most likely have 3 first round picks next year.  I like it.

Miami was slick. They traded down and got a bunch of picks and then Immediately traded back up and didn’t give up much to do it.   Howie got worked on this.  

I would hope the team reserved the right to pick the higher of Miami's 2022 picks.  This is just not enough to move back 6 slots.

This is perfect. There was no must take generational players that were going to be available at 6.

We will now have the flexibility to take BPA at 12 to fill one of a million holes we have on the roster and then potentially going to have 3 first round picks next year! 

Honestly, I love this if they felt that Pitts was going to go at #4 to Atlanta.  I would go Horn at #12 and then trade back into the end of the 1st for Zaven Collins.  Then, use the rest of our picks to address offense depth.

Okay - I'm going to look at the positives. Yes it would have been great to have Chase or Pitts, but you don't win Super Bowls with skill players. We should still get a stud at 12 and will hopefully have 3 first round picks next year. If Hurts isn't the guy, we take his replacement easily enough. If he is, we can add some serious talent around him.

1 minute ago, DBW said:

Howie got worked on this.  

Yeah, I like the idea of trading down but all of the picks should have been for this year.

1 minute ago, wtfcares said:

This is perfect. There was no must take generational players that were going to be available at 6.

Pitts, Chase - both generational talents.  Have to disagree with you there.

I'm not great at pick values, but at first glance, this seems like a decent swap. Or am I crazy?

Just now, Procus said:

Pitts, Chase - both generational talents.  Have to disagree with you there.

NFLN is reporting that the Eagles tried to trade to #3 with Miami, but that didn't work. Supposedly, they wanted Zach Wilson at 3. But, I am guessing they wanted Pitts, but they probably expect the Falcons to go Pitts because they are keeping Ryan for another couple of years.

There must be a punter Howie really likes at #12... Can we fast forward to the 2022 draft please..

Bummed about not getting Chase but one of the weapons is going to fall (plus now I feel more comfortable taking a CB).... Not exactly hating it

3 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Okay - I'm going to look at the positives. Yes it would have been great to have Chase or Pitts, 

They were smart, you really didn't want either of them, if you want a WR at 12 arguably the best guy will probably still be available, Elijah Moore.  

Good news: We're not drafting a QB in the first!

Just now, EaglesRocker97 said:

I'm not great at pick values, but at first glance, this seems like a decent swap. Or am I crazy?

I like it, if it is based on evidence that the Falcons are going Pitts at #4.  

It's a nice haul, but then I remember that Roseman is still calling the shots. They better not screw this up. We can't keep effing up on these early round picks. That's a surefire way to set you back several years.

Just now, EagleVA said:

Thy were smart, you really didn't want either of them, if you want a WR at 12 arguably the best guy will probably still be available, Elijah Moore.  

You need some aloe for that hot take?

Archived