Eagles trade pick #6 and #156 to Miami for pick #12, #123, and a 2022 1st

Jenkins27

Moving down to 12 is risky, would have preferred a smaller trade down if going that route, but can't argue against the compensation. The trade itself is great value.

The draft pick value chart suggests a mid 2nd round pick to go from 6 to 12. We got a 1st and swapped a 5th for a 4th this year.

I like it. You’re immediately a little bit sad that we most likely won’t get one of the players we’ve been talking about at 6. But I think the trade is good for the team. Probably 3 first round picks next year could help us go a long way in our bebuild.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I thought Hurts was the guy ??

I’ve never written he was actually. I’ve told you all multiple times 4 games isn’t enough to claim he is anything. You must have been blinded by you Wentz man crush to actually have noticed I’ve never written anything on Hurts other than I respect the fact he’s working hard to get better. 2021 is an important season for the kid. If he shows he can do it then they don’t need to make a move in 2022 now do they?

11 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

Safety or lber for me. They're two safeties and two lbers we would be very happy with.

Character issues aside my choice would be Parsons. No way pick him up though. Howie will pick another project in the third round ala Taylor.

For all those that think this was a great deal just remember down the road that we are talking about "Rosebud" here as GM and he gets so caught up in collecting draft picks, drafting up, drafting down and in end has little to show for it. He's done this for years and look at the team. It just is not going to happen. 

Just now, downundermike said:

Dallas will take 1 of them right before us.

Yup. That's what's predicted. I was thinking trading back to 15 or 16, but that would've indeed been risky. Fingers crossed, if you like Horn, I can almost say it's a lock one of them will be there at 12.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I thought Hurts was the guy ??

He might be but if not, consider how many veteran QBs signed one year deals this offseason because of the cap.  And at least 6 of the top 10 Heisman candidates next season are quarterbacks.  They'll have plenty of options if Hurts doesn't work out, which is another reason to like this trade. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye said:

He might be but if not, consider how many veteran QBs signed one year deals this offseason because of the cap.  And at least 6 of the top 10 Heisman candidates next season are quarterbacks.  They'll have plenty of options if Hurts doesn't work out, which is another reason to like this trade. 

Chess move.

12 minutes ago, Procus said:

They had SF and their own for 2022 before the trade.

Ahhh, I am just getting caught up on this (I was in a meeting when this broke).  I see Miami dealt the 3rd overall pick to SF first (for pick 12 and 3 future 1st rd picks ... whoever is the GM in Miami ... we need that guy here!).  And then subsequently traded 12 to us for 6.  

35 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I find this Tweet hard to believe, but either way, drafting competition at a position is only undermining if you're little crybaby like Wentz.

Exactly. Hurts has shown to be much more mentally tough than Wentz throughout his college/pro career so far. He also knows he isn’t owed the starting QB spot, because he doesn’t have a ridiculous sense of entitlement.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Honestly I don’t like the trade, but I get it. If Hurts really does flounder in 2021 they have more than enough assets (potentially 3 first round picks) in 2022 to basically get whoever they want. It’s certainly a chess move by Howie. 

10 minutes ago, time2rock said:

We probably would have gotten to 6 with both Chase and Pitts to pick from and Howie would have taken Waddle or Smith.  This is far less painful than had we experienced that.  :lol:

Nah, Roseman would take the female kicker from Vanderbilt.

Fans have a right to be angry. Pick #12 is where you’ll get a Derek Barnett kind of player. Pick #6 is where you can get a franchise altering guy. Enjoy the continued destruction of the Philadelphia Eagles. 

I like the move but I think they could have gotten more closer to the draft. 

3 minutes ago, Wentz 2 Ertz said:

Fans have a right to be angry. Pick #12 is where you’ll get a FLETCHER COX kind of player. Pick #6 is where you can get a franchise altering guy. Enjoy the continued destruction of the Philadelphia Eagles. 

Fixed

19 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Now watch Howie take Mac Jones at 12!  :lol:

You might’ve nailed the pick. I can definitely see Howie doing that.

Hey,  DeVonta Smith said he’s better than Tua. 

Just now, T-1000 said:

Fixed

How about Broderick Bunkley (whom I liked)? You can’t deny the chances #12 is a pro bowler are much less likely now. 

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Honestly I don’t like the trade, but I get it. If Hurts really does flounder in 2021 they have more than enough assets (potentially 3 first round picks) in 2022 to basically get whoever they want. It’s certainly a chess move by Howie. 

I am not even a fan of the guy, bit it would be a more honest assessment of him drafting Chase or Pitts.  Trading down to 12 and drafting a corner does not help your evaluation of Hurts. 

This from office is a clown show.

Just now, Wentz 2 Ertz said:

How about Broderick Bunkley (whom I liked)? You can’t deny the chances #12 is a pro bowler are much less likely now. 

Players at 6 aren't a guarantee. Acting as if they are is flat out incorrect. Obviously  you'd prefer 6 to 12 but they now have 12 AND a first next year versus 6. 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

I am not even a fan of the guy, bit it would be a more honest assessment of him drafting Chase or Pitts.  Trading down to 12 and drafting a corner does not help your evaluation of Hurts. 

This from office is a clown show.

I'm ready for Hurts to shut everyone up next year. And who says we don't draft a stud WR at 12? 

11 minutes ago, vaff said:

I like it. You’re immediately a little bit sad that we most likely won’t get one of the players we’ve been talking about at 6. But I think the trade is good for the team. Probably 3 first round picks next year could help us go a long way in our bebuild.

Now watch either Pitts of Chase fall to 12.  Looking back over the past few years, it's certainly not completely out of the question.

In 2020, first WR taken was Ruggs (coincidentally, at 12).

In 2019, first WR taken was Brown (at 25).

In 2018, first WR taken was Moore (at 24).

In 2017, first WR taken was Davis (at 5).

In 2016, first WR taken was Coleman (at 15).

Can you imagine still getting one of the players most here have wanted and end up with yet another high pick in 2022?

3 minutes ago, Infam said:

I'm ready for Hurts to shut everyone up next year. And who says we don't draft a stud WR at 12? 

Waddle or Bateman would be the options at 12 IMO.  I would take Batemen, I think he is the second best WR in this class.

Just now, downundermike said:

Waddle or Bateman would be the options at 12 IMO.  I would take Batemen, I think he is the second best WR in this class.

I'd take Waddle who I think is the second best WR. And hey, there is still a slim chance we get the best WR this year there. Smith!

Archived