Eagles trade pick #6 and #156 to Miami for pick #12, #123, and a 2022 1st

Jenkins27

I am numb to this team as is so this move does not matter to my outlook for 2021 one bit. 

The more picks the better, regardless who is GM.  Also this team is not one player away and recent drafts have not yielded much young talent to build around. 

Not upset about having an extra 1st next season.  Really, given a choice, I'd keep trading down for A.) cheaper 2021 draft slotted contracts B.) youth infusion C.) future picks

2 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

Bummed about not getting Chase but one of the weapons is going to fall (plus now I feel more comfortable taking a CB).... Not exactly hating it

Chase could go 3 to Miami and Pitts could go 4 to Atlanta. So, if you look at it that way, I don't see how people can hate the trade unless it doesn't go that way.  But, there are reports that Miami likes Chase at 3 and Atlanta likes Pitts at 4.

Just now, CaliEagle said:

Chase could go 3 to Miami and Pitts could go 4 to Atlanta. So, if you look at it that way, I don't see how people can hate the trade unless it doesn't go that way.  But, there are reports that Miami likes Chase at 3 and Atlanta likes Pitts at 4.

Miami doesnt have the third pick... Its okay a lot has happened in the last 10 minutes

I didn't like this year's draft. We need a beast gamechanging edge rusher more than anything and this year it didn't look like there was any worth a 6  So I was in Team Trade Back.

I still wish we got more value out of this trade down, though. If the Dolphins pick isn't top 10 in the  next years draft this is a loss. And the pick tradeup  didn't even get us to the top 100 either

4 minutes ago, PhillyPhreak24 said:

It's a nice haul, but then I remember that Roseman is still calling the shots. They better not screw this up. We can't keep effing up on these early round picks. That's a surefire way to set you back several years.

Agree, being at #6 i thought there would be enough high ceiling players it would be harder to screw up..but now..

Just now, QBhunter58 said:

Miami doesnt have the third pick... Its okay a lot has happened in the last 10 minutes

Okay, I missed the 49ers news.  Okay, now I get why a few people are upset because 49ers will most likely go QB there.  So, Chase will be there at 6.  I think the writing was on the wall that the Eagles weren't going to draft Chase when they were supposedly interested in Juju.  There's no way they were going to sign both Juju and draft Chase after just drafting Reagor.  The Eagles don't want Chase for whatever reason.

1 minute ago, toolg said:

The Eagles have 2 first round picks next year. That's nice, I guess.

Potentially 3.

Just now, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Potentially 3.

Stacking up for a possible QB, if Hurts doesn't pan out...unless Howie goes Mac Jones at 12.  Anything is possible.

we have a ton of holes and 2 good TEs (for now), this is the best thing long term for us, especially with our wonky cap.

I wouldn't be opposed to dropping down again to the late 1st, picking up another day 2 pick this year and maybe a day 2 next year.

6 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I think we mostly hate it because Howie can’t draft, so the likely the takes someone at 12 who turns out to be a stud is diminished severely from the chances he get lucky at 6.  He went from "even Howie can’t screw up 6” to "he’ll more than likely screw this up.”   Now you’re going to see him reach for a guy that will probably be there when we lock in the second round because he sees 12 the same way he sees 37.  

11 minutes ago, Procus said:

Pitts, Chase - both generational talents.  Have to disagree with you there.

Yeah I’ll pass on taking a receiver at 6. Most of the top 10 receivers currently playing were drafting late first or second.

A good top 6 pick for me is a player that takes over the game himself, not one that relies on a QB. 

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

Stacking up for a possible QB, if Hurts doesn't pan out...unless Howie goes Mac Jones at 12.  Anything is possible.

Exactly, rumors surfacing Eagles tried to trade up to 3 for Zach Wilson but it didn't work out. Hurts has this year to prove something than its a big trade up next season if needed.

4 minutes ago, toolg said:

The Eagles have 2 first round picks next year. That's nice, I guess.

Three first-round picks, if Carson plays for 75% of the season.

This is an idiot trade.  They were guaranteed either Chase or Pitts.  Not now.  Lurie keepimng Hpowie aroiund is a joke.

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I guess I don’t hate it. 

You will when he takes a WR out of a D3 school at 12.

i like the move , with the 12 pick i see them going CB  jacee horn , 3 first rounders next year and a 4th this year we didn't have

2 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Yeah I’ll pass on taking a receiver at 6. Most of the top 10 receivers currently playing were drafting late first or second. 

And passing weapons are the last piece to a roster. Dont do you a lot of good with a broken O-line, sub-50% QB, and inexperienced coaching staff

Get both lines in order, build that defense, make sure you have the right QB, then you can start thinking about elite weapons. They're frosting on the cake, not the foundation

2 minutes ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Potentially 3.

True, from the Wentz trade. I think either Wentz leads the Colts to the playoffs, meeting benchmarks so the Eagles get a pick after #20. Or if the Colts fail to make the playoffs, the Colts sit Wentz and it's a 2nd round pick.

Wow, that is wonderful news!! Love it!

We get that extra first next year and only trade back 6 spots! I am celebrating.

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I guess I don’t hate it. 

Me neither. I just don't trust Howie. They nearly couldn't go wrong at 6 but now they easily can. 

Wait and see mode now.

Archived