Eagles trade pick #6 and #156 to Miami for pick #12, #123, and a 2022 1st

Jenkins27

6 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

That would be so risky. If Watson goes to jail, it's a huge loss and it would set this franchise back a decade.  Also, it would be a PR nightmare. I don't think he will be traded now.  I'm not saying Watson is guilty, but it's a real societal issue right now.  It's too explosive to consider, IMO.

It’s also a very Howie type of move 😂 

26 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Lol knew QB was a possibility but I thought it would be Fields. We dodged a bullet. Wilson got busy written all over him. I wasn’t buying that Hurts story Mort tried to sell.

absolutely embarrassing. Solid compensation but still embarrassing. #12 must be a hit or Lurie can just sell the damn team

One of the lbers would be a definite hit. 

Three first round picks (potentially) in 2022 is some serious draft capital. If they wanted to trade for a quarterback next year they most certainly could. 

2 minutes ago, DBW said:

It’s also a very Howie type of move 😂 

That's why he has to go.

56 minutes ago, Procus said:

I would hope the team reserved the right to pick the higher of Miami's 2022 picks.  This is just not enough to move back 6 slots.

I don't think they have multiple 1st rd picks in 2022, do they?  I know they do in 2021.  

18 minutes ago, time2rock said:

We already have a league most 11 picks in 2021.  We still land with 11 in 2021 and have now added a high pick in 2022.  I dunno, I like.  

Good compensation but I was just thinking how lucky the Eagles were that all these QB’s are jumping into the top 5 which almost guaranteed us a shot at a real game-changing playmaker. Not sure who falls to 12, maybe we pray Waddle does but he’s not nearly the player Chase is. 

5 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Options at 12

OL - Slater

WR - Smith, Waddle

LB- Parsons

CB - Surtain, Farley, Horn

Am I missing anybody

So if Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Lance, Sewell, Chase, and Pitts are all off the board, at least three of the above guys will be there at 12.

Safety or lber for me. They're two safeties and two lbers we would be very happy with.

56 minutes ago, Procus said:

Pitts, Chase - both generational talents.  Have to disagree with you there.

Yeah, I agree with this.  My first preference would have been to stay put and grab one of those guys there.

9 minutes ago, weko said:

The FO just punted on the 2021 season.  We could have added multiple day 2 picks but chose to wait for next year.  Not sure we pick at 12.  We may trade down again

Honestly the fact that we took a first next year rather than multiple second and third day picks this year makes me think this is cap related, a contract for a #12 pick is about $2million cheaper cap hit wise than #6, plus you don't have to find a million in cap space for multiple second rounders. 

We're in a deep hole this year and Howie is cutting his cloth. 

54 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Good news: We're not drafting a QB in the first!

Now watch Howie take Mac Jones at 12!  :lol:

1 minute ago, Road to Victory said:

Good compensation but I was just thinking how lucky the Eagles were that all these QB’s are jumping into the top 5 which almost guaranteed us a shot at a real game-changing playmaker. Not sure who falls to 12, maybe we pray Waddle does but he’s not nearly the player Chase is. 

Said it from the start: I even like Waddle better. Dude can fly.

55 minutes ago, PhillyPhreak24 said:

It's a nice haul, but then I remember that Roseman is still calling the shots. They better not screw this up. We can't keep effing up on these early round picks. That's a surefire way to set you back several years.

Ummmm, we're already there.  :lol:

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I don't think they have multiple 1st rd picks in 2022, do they?  I know they do in 2021.  

They had SF and their own for 2022 before the trade.

Just now, Infam said:

Said it from the start: I even like Waddle better. Dude can fly.

Lber or safety all day. Waddle is to injury prone. Desean wasn't injury prone. Don't over think it.

1 minute ago, Road to Victory said:

Honestly think Chase may slide, he's not touched a football in anger for 12 months, whereas Smith and Waddle have outstanding tape this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see him still on the board unless his pro day is unbelievable.

6 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

We probably would have gotten to 6 with both Chase and Pitts to pick from and Howie would have taken Waddle or Smith.  This is far less painful than had we experienced that.  :lol:

10 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Three first round picks (potentially) in 2022 is some serious draft capital. If they wanted to trade for a quarterback next year they most certainly could. 

I thought Hurts was the guy ??

44 minutes ago, Procus said:

Everybody is assuming 3 first rounders next year.  Wentz is very capable of getting injured and not getting in the requisite number of snaps.

That would most likely mean Colts wouldn’t have a good season at all resulting in a high 2nd 

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

Fear this means Howie is cooking up a trade for Watson or Wilson. 

Yep.  We have the picks to make the best offer.

Farley or Surtain. This is what I've been saying, only I had no idea Howie could wrangle a 1st rd from Miami. That was a stroke of genius.

Just now, macgregor said:

Farley or Surtain. This is what I've been saying, only I had no idea Howie could wrangle a 1st rd from Miami. That was a stroke of genius.

If we want to go CB, for me it's Surtain or Horn. Farley is CB#3 in my eyes.

Just now, macgregor said:

Dallas will take 1 of them right before us.

Archived