Eagles trade pick #6 and #156 to Miami for pick #12, #123, and a 2022 1st

Jenkins27

Lol knew QB was a possibility but I thought it would be Fields. We dodged a bullet. Wilson got busy written all over him. I wasn’t buying that Hurts story Mort tried to sell.

absolutely embarrassing. Solid compensation but still embarrassing. #12 must be a hit or Lurie can just sell the damn team

Have to let this digest a little bit before I can form a true opinion on the move. There are positives and negatives to this.

On one hand, you can now forget Chase or Pitts. On the other hand, they got tremendous value to move down 6 spots. For a team that is clearly heading into a rebuilding year, having three first round picks or two firsts and two seconds next year is huge.

You also give Hurts 2021 to prove himself now. If that doesn't work out you have tons of ammo to get another QB and if he does prove he's the guy you have a ton of picks to build around him.

One thing I will say is that I don't buy for one second they tried to move up for Wilson. First off, they didn't even send Roseman or Siriani to his workout. For another, you have to get to two for him. Maybe they tried to get the 3rd pick, but it wasn't for Wilson. Either way, trading up would have been the absolute wrong move for them.

5 minutes ago, Infam said:

So it's a high second then. That will still be the best draft capital in ages.

And at 12, I really like the value this year best. I am super happy!

Yeah the pick may not change a whole lot. If they're struggling badly and they bench him, which would result in him not getting 75% of the snaps, that could be a top 10 second round pick. If he plays well, 75% of snaps and they make the playoffs, thats going to be a pick in the mid-to-late 20's in the first round.

Best case for us is Wentz plays great but the team falls apart and they end up in the 7-9/8-8 range, which I think Indy is way too talented  in a struggling division to let that happen.

9 minutes ago, DBW said:

Less likely to screw up 6, that why I hate it.  But having 3 first rounders next year is something to look forward to.  

Yeah. I’ve become more and more apathetic towards this team. Having Miami’s first next year gives me a team to root against and helps keep my interest. 

I’m so psyched! I going to miss Howie’s great trades after he gets canned.

The Eagles are now in a spot to draft QB in 2022 if Hurts isn’t the guy. Plus, there is almost no difference between 6 and 10. Hopefully, another guy or two gets mixed in (which usually happens).

This move makes a ton of sense if you accept the fact that the Eagles are all in on Hurts.  They were never going to draft a QB. 

Maximize the value of that 6th pick and still grab Waddle or Smith, who likely will be on the board at 12. Or, if you'd rather go defense, Farley, Rosseau and Paye should all be available.  

Just now, xBMTx said:

Which 2022 first round pick do we get? SF's or Miami's?

Eagles website said Miami's - Eagles should have retained an option to take the higher of the two picks.  Looks like we're rooting against the Fins this year.

32 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Yeah, I like the idea of trading down but all of the picks should have been for this year.

We already have a league most 11 picks in 2021.  We still land with 11 in 2021 and have now added a high pick in 2022.  I dunno, I like.  

I guess Eagles figured out that the guy they wanted is not going to be there. GREAT NEWS FOR HURTS!!!! I love that suspense of QB at 6 has been lifted. It is a very nice value to have a 1st round Next year for a second late round this year, if you count the NFL trade chart. There is plenty of very good talent at 12..and if someone is sliding..we can still move up and get him if we have too. I like it.

4 minutes ago, Procus said:

Eagles website said Miami's - Eagles should have retained an option to take the higher of the two picks.  Looks like we're rooting against the Fins this year.

I don't think that's a thing in the nfl because each pick has a specific predetermined value, unlike the NBA. What if they wanted to trade one of the picks before 2021 season? Do they get to choose which one they think will be worse and keep it for the eagles? Or what if they trade for another 2021 first rounder before that draft... are the eagles now in play for that pick too? Lots of red tape with that.

3 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

I guess Eagles figured out that the guy they wanted is not going to be there. GREAT NEWS FOR HURTS!!!! I love that suspense of QB at 6 has been lifted. It is a very nice value to have a 1st round Next year for a second late round this year, if you count the NFL trade chart. There is plenty of very good talent at 12..and if someone is sliding..we can still move up and get him if we have too. I like it.

Worst case scenario Hurts isnt up to the challenge, Flacco starts 10 games and our own first is high enough to be in the QB hunt. Best case scenario Hurts looks pretty good and we add a ton of talent to the defense

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Underlining the starter two years in a row.

I find this Tweet hard to believe, but either way, drafting competition at a position is only undermining if you're little crybaby like Wentz.

Trade value is good .The Eagles get 3 players for 2 picks - a 1st rounder this year and next year, and they swapped a 5th round pick into a 4th.
The Eagles can get a good player in the #12 range this year - I'm looking at Surtain, the Alabama WRs Waddle/Smith, or a big OL....

It works out really well if they hit on those players.

The FO just punted on the 2021 season.  We could have added multiple day 2 picks but chose to wait for next year.  Not sure we pick at 12.  We may trade down again

If Slater is there at #12, then his versatility could be an option for the OL. If not, then it should be a CB like Horn.  I really like Owuzu from Notre Dame as an option at #12, too.  But, Howie hates 1st round LBs. So, he might go DE, which I would not be as thrilled about in this draft. I think Horn and Owuzu are going to be really solid pro players.  And CB and LB are huge needs for this team. I also think we have to come away with a a good RB in the first few rounds to complement Sanders and possibly replace him in a couple of years.  I hope Sirianni is willing to use some formations with both RBs in there.  I'm tired of going with single back 99% of the time.  

1 minute ago, weko said:

The FO just punted on the 2021 season.  We could have added multiple day 2 picks but chose to wait for next year.  Not sure we pick at 12.  We may trade down again

Because you were expecting rookies to transform our season...?

1 minute ago, DBW said:

There still a chance they may package all of this along with hurts for Deshaun Watson

That would be so risky. If Watson goes to jail, it's a huge loss and it would set this franchise back a decade.  Also, it would be a PR nightmare. I don't think he will be traded now.  I'm not saying Watson is guilty, but it's a real societal issue right now.  It's too explosive to consider, IMO.

Options at 12

OL - Slater

WR - Smith, Waddle

LB- Parsons

CB - Surtain, Farley, Horn

Am I missing anybody

So if Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Lance, Sewell, Chase, and Pitts are all off the board, at least three of the above guys will be there at 12.

3 minutes ago, Aspiritfall said:

I wish we were able to send Howie to Miami in the deal 

We would've had to throw in multiple 1st rounders.

All about seeing what Hurts can do. If he is not the guy, then they have the ammo next year to move up and get the QB.

Archived