ROUND 3 (#73): Eagles select Milton Williams (Louisiana Tech DT)

Moderator6

Howie was excited for this pick. Why did that worry me? 

• Haha 2

Just now, Uscg-green said:

Howie was excited for this pick lol. 

No one else was, he was going around forcing people to give him fist bumps.  :lol:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

I'm already looking forward to next year's draft 😂😂

Given how many high picks we have, I think most Eagles fans are.

Just now, vaff said:

Given how many high picks we have, I think most Eagles fans are.

No way Howie just drafts all those guys.  He will trade at least 1 for a player, he will trade down, collect picks in future drafts, trade up, etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eggs said:

0C428BEE-F24B-47E0-A3FD-7D83BA6281E7.pngThis guy hated Howie’s pick - who is he?

He's like, come on guys! I had a great pick there! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

No one else was, he was going around forcing people to give him fist bumps.  :lol:

That was one if the funniest things I’ve seen and it confirms that Howie is a total Dork. I live the guy that shrugs his shoulders. Howie has to go b

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

With all those 6 round picks maybe Howie thinks they can find another Jason Kelce. 

Not this year. 

13 minutes ago, toolg said:

Had a great workout. Big guy can move. Went to LA Tech, CUSA, so it’s not like he was playing against the best. He could be a steal. We will find out. 

I didn’t realize the Eagles traded down. What are they going to do with all these late round picks:lol:

Stockpile on CBs

7 minutes ago, NOTW said:

One guy looked like he wanted to say "you're still here?"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, eggs said:

This is like using a 4th rounder in genard avery - another "who?”

Who to you...not who to a lot of us. Again, casual fans like you not knowing some of these highly regarded smaller school prospects does not mean D. This kid is going to be an immediate contributor to the Dline this year. 

• Like 3

Marcus Smith aside we have been pretty good about drafting dline. Don't know much about the guy but sounds solid.  Still seeing Howie super excited worries me. Btw DE or DT? I've seen him called both. 

3 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Marcus Smith aside we have been pretty good about drafting dline. Don't know much about the guy but sounds solid.  Still seeing Howie super excited worries me. Btw way DE or DT? I've seen him called both. 

He played both, projects to DT in the NFL.

PFF had Williams as the 3rd ranked DT in the draft and 73rd overall. Definite analytics pick which is probably why Donahoe was all bent out of shape.

40 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Last 2 mins is him at DT...wow.

Great pass rush, dominating read-and-react on run plays. Which will be the new defensive line style.

• Like 1

That guy who disses Hwoie looks like an old time scout. He’s like really - some guy no one's ever heard of from Louisiana Tech who many sites thought would be lucky to be drafted and some didn’t even include in their evaluations. 

1 minute ago, matchew88 said:

Great pass rush, dominating read-and-react on run plays. Which will be the new defensive line style.

He excelled against Houston Baptist - some of their guys are over 200 lbs!

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

I'm already looking forward to next year's draft 😂😂

It'll just be...like every other Howie draft 

2 minutes ago, matchew88 said:

Great clip of him falling in the ball on the hook and ladder. That’s good film because he may play for the .eagles when the preseason games are nearly over. 

2 minutes ago, eggs said:

That guy who disses Hwoie looks like an old time scout. He’s like really - some guy no one's ever heard of from Louisiana Tech who many sites thought would be lucky to be drafted and some didn’t even include in their evaluations. 

He excelled against Houston Baptist - some of their guys are over 200 lbs!

lol good point

But the measurements stack up against the rest too...we will see

4 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

PFF had Williams as the 3rd ranked DT in the draft and 73rd overall. Definite analytics pick which is probably why Donahoe was all bent out of shape.

NFL.com really liked him too. Drafttek had him in their top 100, so while not a household name, he's not some huge reach either.

Would have preferred a CB but I guess you can't fix everything in one offseason. Still should be some decent CB prospects in Round 4 though.

• Like 1

I predict Joe Ostman will beat him out for the active roster this year. 

1 minute ago, matchew88 said:

lol good point

But the measurements stack up against the rest too...we will see

As we know from past .eagles mistakes, the combine warriors never work out. 

Donohue was unhappy with the trade back. I’m guessing he liked who the Giants got. 

5 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

This is my favorite clip of Howie and it exposes his total self promotional side trying to get everyone to fist bump him on his combine warrior and the old scout just won’t take the bait - he hates Howie and his stupid picks. He probably wanted a modest trade up for andre cisco who will be the next dawkins and Howie had his clever little discovery of the combine warrior for the third rate school and wouldn’t do it because he couldn’t look clever. What a dork.