ROUND 3 (#73): Eagles select Milton Williams (Louisiana Tech DT)

Moderator6

Roseman trades back from 6 to 12 for a future first round pick and the hoagie mouths complain that they passed on ''generational talents'' in Pitts and Chase and chant fire Howie even louder.  Fast forward a month and Pitts and Chase are both gone before 6. Roseman gives up an extra third to jump a division rival and snipe them for Devonta Smith who they likely would have taken had they stayed at 6 anyway. Great pick and masterful manipulation of the board to add a huge future asset. People still Fing **** and whine complain though. Oh, they drafted lineman in the second and third round and I wanted a corner and lb, fire Howie he sucks, blah blah Fing blah. My god some of you are just negative miserable Fs.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

How many CBs have been drafted already? Like 20? Can all of them be really that good?

Just now, T-1000 said:

Roseman trades back from 6 to 12 for a future first round pick and the hoagie mouths complain that they passed on ''generational talents'' in Pitts and Chase and chant fire Howie even louder.  Fast forward a month and Pitts and Chase are both gone before 6. Roseman gives up an extra third to jump a division rival and snipe them for Devonta Smith who they likely would have taken had they stayed at 6 anyway. Great pick and masterful manipulation of the board to add a huge future asset. People still Fing **** and whine complain though. Oh, they drafted lineman in the second and third round and I wanted a corner and lb, fire Howie he sucks, blah blah Fing blah. My god some of you are just negative miserable Fs.

It isn't quite that simple though bud. Dickerson comes in with multiple season ending injuries that's the bigger issue there. They passed on multiple other players at positions are real need that probably overall graded higher than Dickerson. I don't hate the player, in fact when he's healthy he's really good but I just don't think the pick makes sense. And with his track record why should we have any faith that Howie will get this draft right?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

How many CBs have been drafted already? Like 20? Can all of them be really that good?

Mosher and Caplan said tonight that corner was very top heavy in this draft and after the first few guys there was a huge drop off. One of them said a high ranking AFC personnel guy told them Stokes was a major reach at the end of round 1 and that they had a 3rd round grade on him. The worst thing they could have done would have been to reach for a corner or any other position which is what often leads to draft busts.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It isn't quite that simple though bud. Dickerson comes in with multiple season ending injuries that's the bigger issue there. They passed on multiple other players at positions are real need that probably overall graded higher than Dickerson. I don't hate the player, in fact when he's healthy he's really good but I just don't think the pick makes sense. And with his track record why should we have any faith that Howie will get this draft right?

I don't like the pick because of the injury concerns. What I like even less is using BS to control the narrative though. You could have stopped at injuries but have to add BS saying there were other players graded higher. First off, you don't know what their board looked like. Second, take out the injury concerns and we aren't talking about him because he's a sure fire top 25 pick. So from a talent or grade perspective he was the best player left. I wouldn't have done it because it's a really risky pick but the concerns with him start and end with injuries, not talent. As for your last comment. I just saw Howie come out of round 1 with Devonta Smith, and a first round pick in 2022 for a third round pick this year. He read the entire board perfectly with both trades and came out of night one as one of the big winners in the league. So yeah, I'm going to give him a little bit of leeway after pulling that crap off.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Mosher and Caplan said tonight that corner was very top heavy in this draft and after the first few guys there was a huge drop off. One of them said a high ranking AFC personnel guy told them Stokes was a major reach at the end of round 1 and that they had a 3rd round grade on him. The worst thing they could have done would have been to reach for a corner or any other position which is what often leads to draft busts.

Oh I don't disagree with that. If they didn't like the corners that much then fine. Firstly they best be right about that because otherwise they are going to look stupid (again). But also they best have a plan because they can't play Maddox on the outside again. 

9 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Exactly! Weak CB class so don’t reach.

Fully expecting them to give Steven Nelson a call after the draft if they don’t come away with a quality outside CB who can play opposite Slay day one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, T-1000 said:

I don't like the pick because of the injury concerns. What I like even less is using BS to control the narrative though. You could have stopped at injuries but have to add BS saying there were other players graded higher. First off, you don't know what their board looked like. Second, take out the injury concerns and we aren't talking about him because he's a sure fire top 25 pick. So from a talent or grade perspective he was the best player left. I wouldn't have done it because it's a really risky pick but the concerns with him start and end with injuries, not talent. As for your last comment. I just saw Howie come out of round 1 with Devonta Smith, and a first round pick in 2022 for a third round pick this year. He read the entire board perfectly with both trades and came out of night one as one of the big winners in the league. So yeah, I'm going to give him a little bit of leeway after pulling that crap off.

You're right we don't know what their board was. And you're right take away the injuries and he's probably a top 25 player. But guess what? You can't take away the injuries. You can't ignore the injuries and that has to factor in to their decision making. Therefore I believe there were better players available at #37 when you consider the full picture. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh I don't disagree with that. If they didn't like the corners that much then fine. Firstly they best be right about that because otherwise they are going to look stupid (again). But also they best have a plan because they can't play Maddox on the outside again. 

I agree. I wanted them to go corner early and often but the value hasnt been there with any of their picks. I'm thinking/hoping they trade Ertz tomorrow and use the cap space to sign Nelson this week.

• Like 1

Just now, T-1000 said:

I agree. I wanted them to go corner early and often but the value hasnt been there with any of their picks. I'm thinking/hoping they trade Ertz tomorrow and use the cap space to sign Nelson this week.

I can't see it. Nelson will end up somewhere else. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You're right we don't know what their board was. And you're right take away the injuries and he's probably a top 25 player. But guess what? You can't take away the injuries. You can't ignore the injuries and that has to factor in to their decision making. Therefore I believe there were better players available at #37 when you consider the full picture. 

I would say no to better players being there. I would say players close enough to take that didn't have the same injury concerns though, for sure. I would have taken Barmore but he also comes with some questions based on work ethic and coachability. Samuel as well I would have taken, but he's a 5'10 corner in a league full of 6'2 plus WR's. There is usually a question mark with everyone who doesnt go in round 1.

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I can't see it. Nelson will end up somewhere else. 

Why can't you see it.

I would say no to better players being there. I would say players close enough to take that didn't have the same injury concerns though, for sure. I would have taken Barmore but he also comes with some questions based on work ethic and coachability. Samuel as well I would have taken, but he's a 5'10 corner in a league full of 6'2 plus WR's. There is usually a question mark with everyone who doesnt go in round 1.

Why can't you see it.

I just think in terms of the overall picture there were better options. The guys I mentioned to me were better options in the wider picture. I just can't trust this team with players with such a bad history record. 

I don't see it because I just don't. I don't think they'll have the cap space and I think Nelson will end up elsewhere. 

7 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Exactly! Weak CB class so don’t reach.

Fully expecting them to give Steven Nelson a call after the draft if they don’t come away with a quality outside CB who can play opposite Slay day one.

I will bash the hell out of them if they go into the season with Maddox, Jacquet, or a 4th round rookie starting opposite Slay week one. Even in a rebuilding year I don't see them being that dumb. It doesn't even have to be Nelson, they signed Patrick Robinson in May or June. They will figure something out at least as a one year stopgap.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I just think in terms of the overall picture there were better options. The guys I mentioned to me were better options in the wider picture. I just can't trust this team with players with such a bad history record. 

I don't see it because I just don't. I don't think they'll have the cap space and I think Nelson will end up elsewhere. 

Lol, good answer bro.

As for cap space it won't be an issue when they trade Ertz and free up almost 10 million.

Lol, good answer bro.

As for cap space it won't be an issue when they trade Ertz and free up almost 10 million.

Well OK why do you think they will sign him? You have some inside information that the rest of us don't have?

I will bash the hell out of them if they go into the season with Maddox, Jacquet, or a 4th round rookie starting opposite Slay week one. Even in a rebuilding year I don't see them being that dumb. It doesn't even have to be Nelson, they signed Patrick Robinson in May or June. They will figure something out at least as a one year stopgap.

No worries! They won’t go into the season with Maddox playing opposite Slay again. They’ll find a way to get a solid starter into the building.

I’m glad they’re not reaching and forcing picks. Outside of Surtain, Horn, Farley, Stokes, Campbell and to some extend Samuel, Melifonwu, Adebo and Molden, this CB class sucks.

Hopefully they get some really good players today. Still some talent left on the board...

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well OK why do you think they will sign him? You have some inside information that the rest of us don't have?

No inside information but I can give you real reasons other than ''because I think so.''

They have a major need at corner

They are likely to trade Ertz tomorrow

Trading Ertz will free up the necessary cap space to sign someone

Nelson is only unsigned because he has been holding out to get decent money

Howie said there's more than one way to skin a cat tonight when asked why he didnt draft a corner

5 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

No worries! They won’t go into the season with Maddox playing opposite Slay again. They’ll find a way to get a solid starter into the building.

I’m glad they’re not reaching and forcing picks. Outside of Surtain, Horn, Farley, Stokes, Campbell and to some extend Samuel, Melifonwu, Adebo and Molden, this CB class sucks.

Hopefully they get some really good players today. Still some talent left on the board...

Agreed

3 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

No inside information but I can give you real reasons other than ''because I think so.''

But you're reasons actually mean no more than my reasons. You don't know what they are going to do.

If you want a better reason... They brought in Slay last year but did nothing to address the other side. I think they'll go in to the season with the same situation at corner. It'll be Maddox on the outside like it was last year. 

34 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But you're reasons actually mean no more than my reasons. You don't know what they are going to do.

If you want a better reason... They brought in Slay last year but did nothing to address the other side. I think they'll go in to the season with the same situation at corner. It'll be Maddox on the outside like it was last year. 

You didnt have reasons. You said "because I think so."

As for the last comment. Maddox was horrible on the outside. They saw it even more than we did being able to watch game film. Theres no real reason to believe they would go back to something that worked out so poorly.

54 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

They'll have to sign a street free agent cb and overpay him.  All the more reason to trade Ertz on Saturday.  Get a 5th round pick and dump the salary.  We're going to need all the cap space we can get.  I hope with draft two outside corners and a slot cb tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, weko said:

They'll have to sign a street free agent cb and overpay him.  All the more reason to trade Ertz on Saturday.  Get a 5th round pick and dump the salary.  We're going to need all the cap space we can get.  I hope with draft two outside corners and a slot cb tomorrow.

Steven Nelson will end up being an Eagle. Im sure they will also use a couple of dart throws on CB on day three. They arent getting an immediate starter but they should be able to get a backup who they can try to develope into something more.

12 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

You didnt have reasons. You said "because I think so."

As for the last comment. Maddox was horrible on the outside. They saw it even more than we did being able to watch game film. Theres no real reason to believe they would go back to something that worked out so poorly.

Yeah because ultimately our reasons don't mean anything. It's what the team does. I just don't think the team address it. If they wanted to address it they could have before the draft to take the pressure off of taking one. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah because ultimately our reasons don't mean anything. It's what the team does. I just don't think the team address it. If they wanted to address it they could have before the draft to take the pressure off of taking one. 

Actually they couldnt have and still cant until Ertz is traded, for cap reasons. I see it the opposite way. See what happens in the draft and if things dont work out at corner you make sure an Ertz deal gets done and turn to FA market in May.

4 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Actually they couldnt have and still cant until Ertz is traded, for cap reasons. I see it the opposite way. See what happens in the draft and if things dont work out at corner you make sure an Ertz deal gets done and turn to FA market in May.

We shall see. They could have cut Ertz to free up the cap space.