**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That's why I'm not a GM. I'd be damned if I would trade a super star to a team in the division and watch them win a championship... I rather get nothing for that ucker

For what it's worth it's really only sixers fans that think this is a good idea lol

This is true. We agree.

32 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

No they aren't. They have a guy they will lose for nothing. If he wanted to stay they wouldn't be moving him. They know he wants out.

But they have a shot at winning it this year 

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

But they have a shot at winning it this year 

Just like the Eagles with Hurts against Tampa.

17 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Just like the Eagles with Hurts against Tampa.

Nah.  Nets have a much better shot than the Eagles did against Tampa 

James Boyd: The #Pacers are still mulling the decision to buyout Tristan Thompson or play him, per source. The 6-9 big man is in the final year of his contract and is owed $9.7 million this season

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I don't mind it. I would find a back up big though 

Nets really can't play Thybulle except spot minutes as long as Simmons is on the floor so his value isn't as high as it is for the Sixers playing next to Harden.

Problem being his lack of a 3 makes him a bench guy at best

he is replaceable as much as i like him

9 hours ago, Gannan said:

He puked in a regular season game against Tampa too. That I had on DVR. We rewound it and watched him puke in slow motion. :lol: So I believe my own eyes. It's not about believing Freddy and TO. It's about the undisputed fact that the guy is an alcoholic. 

Didn't he throw a TD the play after?

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

I Like how he just completely leaves out last year ... The most games he ever missed in his career and they were being talked about being the next team to go on a big championship run. 

He played 44 games all of last year .. he already has 44 games in this year ... Missed one game all year but he is skipping games like their is no tomorrow? now it's clearly obvious what is going on lmao 

I see where Ben gets his intelligence from. 

Not gonna happen until the off-season. I say this for a reason I’ll reveal after the deadline passes.

7:15 p.m. ET: There are less than 20 hours left until the trade deadline, and at this moment, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reports that the Brooklyn Nets and Philadelphia 76ers are not engaged in any meaningful dialogue about a James Harden-for-Ben Simmons trade.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Not gonna happen until the off-season. I say this for a reason I’ll reveal after the deadline passes.

Tease.......

4 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Seems like way too much smoke for there not to at least be some negotiating going on. 

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

I have cold symptoms and not allowed to work so I'm off for deadline day!

Refresh, refresh, refresh.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Omega said:

Woj is full of ish

36 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I have cold symptoms and not allowed to work so I'm off for deadline day!

Have you had it yet?  

1 hour ago, The_Omega said:

Boooooo….you're hedging your bets.  Come on out with it.  

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Have you had it yet?  

I think I have. I lost taste and smell last winter and had really minor aches but was a jackarse and worked because I was already covering for someone else and didnt want to call off myself. I didnt get tested that time.

I have only been tested once, and was negative. Ill be tested again this morning. I suspect itll be negative again, im just stuffy with a sore throat. but I guess with Omicron you never know. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think I have. I lost taste and smell last winter and had really minor aches but was a jackarse and worked because I was already covering for someone else and didnt want to call off myself. I didnt get tested that time.

I have only been tested once, and was negative. Ill be tested again this morning. I suspect itll be negative again, im just stuffy with a sore throat. but I guess with Omicron you never know. 

If it were me I wouldn’t even get tested.  Just assume I have it and stear clear of people until I feel better and then get tested.  Feeding the system with all of these tests. 

Feel better.  

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

If it were me I wouldn’t even get tested.  Just assume I have it and stear clear of people until I feel better and then get tested.  Feeding the system with all of these tests. 

Feel better.  

yeah its a gigantic hassle. But... we had 3 basketball games last night and there was no way I could be away from people. Too crowded. I have another game today and with the sore throat starting it was enough to make me worry about the older gentleman that is always near me as our game manager. 

And I was also supposed to work in the doctors office this morning. 

• Like 1

Is there any chance that if we don't trade for Harden, we still move Tobi to create cap space and get back a couple role players?

7 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Is there any chance that if we don't trade for Harden, we still move Tobi to create cap space and get back a couple role players?

i doubt it. i think the tobi trade rumors are posturing to make the nets think we'll just sign harden in the offseason if they don't trade him now.  i don't think morey would punt on this season by moving tobi for lesser players. 

• Like 2

[Wojnarowski] Harden's hopeful Morey secures trade for him today, but Morey and Sean Marks have yet to become engaged in serious dialogue on a deal. There’s an expectation sides will talk today and possibility of deal remains. Both teams are left measuring the risk-reward of a Harden deal now.

[Wojnarowski] ESPN Sources: Although Brooklyn Nets guard James Harden wants a trade to the Philadelphia 76ers, he has resisted making that formal request out of fear of the public backlash that would come with asking out of a second franchise in consecutive seasons.