**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

What makes this even worse is Ben is absolutely destroying his trade value. Had they dealt him a couple years ago like many of us wanted, they could have gotten a nice return. But now? After being exposed yet again in the playoffs? That value is plummeting. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Also our bench is really not that good. The wizards series was aberration. They had 13 points tonight and they really aren’t trustworthy to get the job done. We discussed this midseason the bench was an issue. It still is cause from game to game they don’t give you consistency. 

shaky milton, a rookie, and over the hill don't do it for ya? 

Also our bench is really not that good. The wizards series was aberration. They had 13 points tonight and they really aren’t trustworthy to get the job done. We discussed this midseason the bench was an issue. It still is cause from game to game they don’t give you consistency. 

Maxey got 1 minute tonight.

One.

Singular.

Minute.

When we couldn't buy a point in the 4th quarter.

I put that on Doc. At least with Maxey you know you'd get some energy and he'd probably force his way into some points.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

you guys are killing doc but ben was just as bad in the playoffs with brett...same with tobi. you can't coach heart.

No offense but how did the 2020 clippers look under doc? Legitimately the sixers are pulling off what the clippers did in the bubble. 

game 5: clippers up 16 in 2nd half. Lost

game 6: clippers up 19 in second half.  Lost

game 7: clippers up 7 in the 3rd. Lost by double digits. 

What you are saying is true but doc has had this same issue just last season 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

you guys are killing doc but ben was just as bad in the playoffs with brett...same with tobi. you can't coach heart.

Well one thing I’d blame Doc for is he seems to be a big Simmons fan. If him reportedly blocking trades that involved Simmons is true, then yeah he’s a huge problem. 

Just now, mr_hunt said:

shaky milton, a rookie, and over the hill don't do it for ya? 

Nope i said that during the season it wasn’t enough. It’s why i said go after markkanen or nance. They needed another scorer off the bench 

The issue with Harris is his contract still has three years left on it. I don’t see how you get anything but bad contracts back or another player who’s been disappointing in a different way. Maybe a contender thinks he’s a missing piece and gives you expiring contracts so you can gain the cap space the following year. but you’d essentially be saying next year you are taking a step back cause you really didn’t upgrade. 

Any way we can get picks + young disappointing lotto pick + expiring deal?

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

No offense but how did the 2020 clippers look under doc? Legitimately the sixers are pulling off what the clippers did in the bubble. 

game 5: clippers up 18 in 2nd half. Lost

game 6: clippers up 15 in second half.  Lost

game 7: clippers up 7 heading into the 4th. Lost by double digits. 

What you are saying is true but doc has had this same issue just last season 

I honestly only watch the sixers so I have no idea about the clippers.

1 minute ago, TEW said:

Maxey got 1 minute tonight.

One.

Singular.

Minute.

When we couldn't buy a point in the 4th quarter.

I put that on Doc. At least with Maxey you know you'd get some energy and he'd probably force his way into some points.

I like maxey but i think people got carried away with his wizard series performance. It’s easy to have success against a wizards team that sucks on defense. I think in time he’s fine but i don’t think he is ready for this level of playoffs yet. Wizards is different cause their defense is atrocious. 

don’t get me wrong I’m fine if they went that direction for some mins but i don’t think he changes this collapse. 

• Like 1

I didn't even think Hawks were doing anything over the top amazing, the Sixers were The Process level Sixers two 4th quarters in a row.

Hawks shot 34% from 3 and Trae 33%  and they still won. 

Screenshot_20210616-230624~2.png

4 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

I honestly only watch the sixers so I have no idea about the clippers.

Yeah i posted this the other day with the clippers and doc in 2020.  Tell me it doesn’t sound identical to the sixers the last two games 

With the Clips up seven after a minute in the third quarter, Denver went on a 24-9 run over the following nine-plus minutes and went into the fourth up 82-74 after a Monte Morris buzzer jumper, outscoring L.A. 28-18 in the quarter. Then the Nuggets scored the first seven points of the fourth to go up 15 on a Murray 3-pointer 89-74. It took 2:33 for L.A. to even score in the final period and an astounding 7:02 to make a field goal in the fourth quarter with its season on the line, trying to avoid an all-time choke job in the series.

L.A. managed just 33 second half points and was outscored 22-15 in the fourth, an unreal choke job by the Clippers, a team that didn’t really seem to want to win this game and face the Lakers in the conference finals. The lack of urgency, hunger and drive this team showed in Game 7 was simply astounding. 

Los Angeles should not have been playing in Game 7. Up 19 with 22 minutes left in Sunday’s Game 6, Denver came storming back and won by 13. This was after the Nuggets came back from down 16 in Game 5.

7 minutes ago, nipples said:

What makes this even worse is Ben is absolutely destroying his trade value. Had they dealt him a couple years ago like many of us wanted, they could have gotten a nice return. But now? After being exposed yet again in the playoffs? That value is plummeting. 

agreed...they'll probably wind up trading him for pennies on the dollar. but they can't bring him back after this. 

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I didn't even think Hawks were doing anything over the top amazing, the Sixers were The Process level Sixers two 4th quarters in a row.

Hawks shot 34% from 3 and Trae 33%  and they still won. 

Screenshot_20210616-230624~2.png

What stands out their bench is actually good when they are getting 39 points and your bench is getting just 13. It’s kind of obvious the sixers basically need to play embiid, Simmons, Harris and curry 42 mins to consistently keep the lead at what it is. But if you do that they’ll get tired and commit more turnovers. 

embiid does wear down in the 2nd half too....he rarely scores more in the 2nd half than in the 1st. that's gotta improve. 

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I like maxey but i think people got carried away with his wizard series performance. It’s easy to have success against a wizards team that sucks on defense. I think in time he’s fine but i don’t think he is ready for this level of playoffs yet. Wizards is different cause their defense is atrocious. 

don’t get me wrong I’m fine if they went that direction for some mins but i don’t think he changes this collapse. 

We lost by 3 points. I think he’s get you +3 net points with some minutes.

1 minute ago, TEW said:

We lost by 3 points. I think he’s get you +3 net points with some minutes.

Idk about that. This series is a -13

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

What stands out their bench is actually good when they are getting 39 points and your bench is getting just 13. It’s kind of obvious the sixers basically need to play embiid, Simmons, Harris and curry 42 mins to consistently keep the lead at what it is. But if you do that they’ll get tired and commit more turnovers. 

Again, brings me back to Maxey. Is he the silver bullet to all our problems? No. But he brings energy and I think he could have provided an offensive spark when we needed it.

maxey isn't ready for nba playoff basketball yet. unfortunately,  neither are their other backup guards...but at least they have some experience. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Idk about that. This series is a -13

Well, it certainly would have been better than the botched abortion we saw tonight.

1 minute ago, TEW said:

Again, brings me back to Maxey. Is he the silver bullet to all our problems? No. But he brings energy and I think he could have provided an offensive spark when we needed it.

I think you’re still looking at him through that wizard series. So far this series he’s a -13 when on the floor. Only in one game this series has he been over a +2. Unfortunately he’s not ready. More unfortunately George hill has been awful outside of a game in the postseason. Thybulle still can’t shoot. And korkmaz is a defensive liability. 

6 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

embiid does wear down in the 2nd half too....he rarely scores more in the 2nd half than in the 1st. that's gotta improve. 

I mean this is a bigger issue 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, mr_hunt said:

maxey isn't ready for nba playoff basketball yet. unfortunately,  neither are their other backup guards...but at least they have some experience. 

"Experience” got us 13 total bench points in 58 total minutes. Nothing was working. We could all see nothing was working.

I don’t care about experience. We all felt the momentum shifting, we could all see no one was stepping up. Give the kid a shot mid 4th quarter to see if he could get you a spark.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

At this point when they lose game 6 in atlanta you have to make big changes cause this is a series type of loss in the fashion they lost where you aren’t recovering with this same unit coming back.

Harris is as overrated as Simmons. He disappears at times during the playoffs when the sixers needed him the most. The last two second halves he’s gone 2-5 for 6 points and 0-3 for 0 points. The guy is also a fraud. And he is getting damn close to the max and just as embarrassing as Ben Simmons with his performances the last two night

simmons needs to be dealt. He just is never going to get it and if he does it’s going to be way too late when embiid’s time has passed him by. 

I’d actually fire doc if there was a better coach made available. I’ve seen this story with him. His teams routinely have choked away leads dating back all the way to the 2010 finals where they scored 67 points in game 6 up 3-2. Then the clippers routinely did this. At some point he’s a major part of the problem 

that said this team is dead in the water. I’d be shocked if this team is close in that game 6 on Friday. They look like they are ripe for a blowout. 

Fire Doc. Give the job to Cassell. He may actually be better. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I mean this is a bigger issue 

Maxey would get you 1 bucket.

Curry had a career playoff high in points.  He did miss a 3 that could have tied it though…