**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

38 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

just let them lose tomorrow. i don't want them to ruin my father's day on sunday. 

They won’t lose game 7 at home, again!

12 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

They won’t lose game 7 at home, again!

There won’t be a game 7

How can Doc not have an answer for LouWill having coached him?  There's just so many thoughts about this debacle that keep popping into my head and that was one of the recent ones. 

7 minutes ago, therealdawk20 said:

How can Doc not have an answer for LouWill having coached him?  There's just so many thoughts about this debacle that keep popping into my head and that was one of the recent ones. 

Lou is a professional bucket getter like Melo is. When he is feeling it is almost impossible to stop. He has been in the league and playing since 2005

weird, i havent heard from the simmons apologist today. (disclaimer; i havent read this thread to see if any have been in here)

my 5'2 14yr old has more guts to go to the hole than ben does and he can hit a f'ng free throw. 

Besides Simmons, Harris, doc and the lack of defense from Seth curry that needs to be talked about more is the failure at the trade deadline to really improve the bench. The only move they made was for George hill who was still injured and no one knew the timeline for his return or if he’d be effective after returning from his hand injury.

we talked about it on here they should’ve gotten another forward who could score and give the bench an extra firepower. Could have traded for Wayne Ellington from the Pistons who is cheap and available. Nance and markkanen were mentioned and available. the sixers sat back didn’t make the move thinking the buyout market would bring them another. The buyout market was lousy and the only person they got was Anthony tolliver

thus the sixers bench is still inconsistent like we knew back at the trade deadline and can’t give you the buckets you need when starters are off the floor. So the trade deadline was a disaster for the sixers as hill has been bad and they didn’t do enough 

5 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

weird, i havent heard from the simmons apologist today. (disclaimer; i havent read this thread to see if any have been in here)

my 5'2 14yr old has more guts to go to the hole than ben does and he can hit a f'ng free throw. 

@JayEcho

And man give your son a steak or two so he grows. Mine is 13 and 5'10"

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Besides Simmons, Harris, doc and the lack of defense from Seth curry that needs to be talked about more is the failure at the trade deadline to really improve the bench. The only move they made was for George hill who was still injured and no one knew the timeline for his return or if he’d be effective after returning from his hand injury.

we talked about it on here they should’ve gotten another forward who could score and give the bench an extra firepower. Could have traded for Wayne Ellington from the Pistons who is cheap and available. Nance and markkanen were mentioned and available. the sixers sat back didn’t make the move thinking the buyout market would bring them another. The buyout market was lousy and the only person they got was Anthony tolliver

thus the sixers bench is still inconsistent like we knew back at the trade deadline and can’t give you the buckets you need when starters are off the floor. So the trade deadline was a disaster for the sixers as hill has been bad and they didn’t do enough 

Curry and his defense is 

Way down here. You know he is a minus at defense and that is okay because he can shoot the ball. This is actually his best year in advanced metrics wise for defense 

Not trading Scott and his expiring and Maxey would have played Hill role if he just got minutes. 

50 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i didn't go back & confirm this but here it is anyway.

The dilemma is you couldn’t take curry off the floor because offensively he was the only one giving you scoring besides embiid. The sixers could down the stretch substitute offensive for defense. but the reality is if Harris wasn’t awful and Simmons wasn’t being Simmons you could just go with thybulle down the stretch but that’s not possible when he was the only one scoring besides embiid. 

9 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Curry and his defense is 

Way down here. You know he is a minus at defense and that is okay because he can shoot the ball. This is actually his best year in advanced metrics wise for defense 

Not trading Scott and his expiring and Maxey would have played Hill role if he just got minutes. 

Don’t disagree curry’s defense is down there cause of what he brings offensively. It’s still an issue that the hawks are attacking him when the games are coming down the stretch. So an adjustment should be made. Frankly I’d go with hack a capela to slow the offense down of the hawks and get them out of a rhythm but doc won’t do it. 

again the issue with maxey is he’s a rookie. Literally no team in the nba that’s left is relying heavily on rookies off the bench. Even if you played him more it’s not a given he just steps up in the playoffs. The wizards defense is atrocious it’s why he looked so good. This series he’s a -13. Last night he was -5 in 1 minute of action (not all him as it’s also who’s on the floor with him). There’s reasons why the Suns, nets, bucks, clippers and jazz as contenders aren’t relying on rookies contributing major minutes. All have veteran benches that have proven guys unlike the sixers. It rarely happens in the nba that a title contender relies heavily on a rookie. 

they should’ve dealt Scott that was beyond stupid as he was an expiring contract and could gotten a solid bench piece that wasn’t completely useless. 

59 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i didn't go back & confirm this but here it is anyway.

I kept wondering why Simmons wasn't on Young with Thybulle on Williams. 

Just now, Gannan said:

I kept wondering why Simmons wasn't on Young with Thybulle on Williams. 

Part of the reason is they had to get Ben off the floor due to the hack a Simmons. I’d love to know young’s point total when Ben wasn’t on the floor for the 10 mins he didn’t play. 

• Like 1

yeah, they had to bench ben because he can't shoot free throws. then they had seth & shake trying to guard trae & lou-will....and we all saw how that went. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Screenshot_20210617-132649_Reddit.thumb.jpg.4732b1c14afda2952e83997f4c381741.jpg

Ben Simmons is the major problem for the sixers but don’t let doc off the hook. He’s an overrated coach living off his celtic days. The sixers look identical to his 2020 clippers who were arguably the most talented team in the nba last year and managed to consistently blow double digit leads and a 3-1 series lead. 

the fact is Brett brown was hired in 2013, he has been as far in the playoffs as doc during that stretch. That’s sad considering doc had some way better teams besides the 2018-19 sixers of butler, embiid, Simmons and Harris  

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Part of the reason is they had to get Ben off the floor due to the hack a Simmons. I’d love to know young’s point total when Ben wasn’t on the floor for the 10 mins he didn’t play. 

There were times though when Thybulle and Ben were out there together. Ben was on Young and Thybulle was on Gallinari. 

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

yeah, they had to bench ben because he can't shoot free throws. then they had seth & shake trying to guard trae & lou-will....and we all saw how that went. 

Yeah I’d would love to know young’s numbers when Ben had to leave the game for that reason.

Frankly if doc was smart enough if capela is out there, force him to the line like Ben. he’s a 55% ft shooter. It would even out the hack a Ben and atlanta would be forced to get capela off the floor and embiid would feast against their backup or Collins who’s too small 

1 minute ago, Gannan said:

There were times though when Thybulle and Ben were out there together. Ben was on Young and Thybulle was on Gallinari. 

I mean gallinari had 16 points. So if you put thybulle on Lou then gallinari kills you. They really are missing Danny green cause you could put green on one and thybulle on the other with Simmons on young. I still firmly believe asking green to guard young game one that he likely overextended himself which likely helped contribute to his injury a few days later. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Ben Simmons is the major problem for the sixers but don’t let doc off the hook. He’s an overrated coach living off his celtic days. The sixers look identical to his 2020 clippers who were arguably the most talented team in the nba last year and managed to consistently blow double digit leads and a 3-1 series lead. 

the fact is Brett brown was hired in 2013, he has been as far in the playoffs as doc during that stretch. That’s sad considering doc had some way better teams besides the 2018-19 sixers of butler, embiid, Simmons and Harris  

former sixer scott brooks is available :lol:  

• Sad 1

Just now, mr_hunt said:

former sixer scott brooks is available :lol:  

Last offseason i wanted Sam cassell. I think he’s a good up and coming coach. He’s able to relate to players. The problem with doc is the same issues he’s had for much of the last decade. 

• Like 1

They owe Doc a lot of money. I think they ship Ben in the off season and build the bench and see what Doc can do with a better lineup. While I think Doc's coaching performance in this series is a fireworthy offense, I doubt they do it. 

22 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

@JayEcho

And man give your son a steak or two so he grows. Mine is 13 and 5'10"

lol, yeah he's def on the shorter side. 

and for the record, i'm not a simmons hater, but i admit what he is. a very good defender who can't shoot and is being overpaid on a max deal. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gannan said:

They owe Doc a lot of money. I think they ship Ben in the off season and build the bench and see what Doc can do with a better lineup. While I think Doc's coaching performance in this series is a fireworthy offense, I doubt they do it. 

They won’t fire him. However Simmons is what he is and doc is what he is. 

Also not discussed is that i think the sixers have been slightly overrated this year. When they faced Miami the last week of the season i wanted to see how they played. That was a really good indication and test. The reason why is from the utah game at the beginning of March til then the sixers hadn’t faced a top 5 seeded team in either conference that was fully healthy or they were fully healthy when they played. Then they got waxed by Miami in the first big game in 2 months. That was alarming to me cause they should’ve been amped to make a statement in that game and they just didn’t care like they’d just beat Orlando and be fine. That’s a bad attitude to have as a team right before the playoffs 

• Like 2