**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

If they F this up....they really need to trade Ben, fire Doc, castrate Morey and blow it up lol  This is being given to them on a Silver platter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NYEagle said:

If they F this up....they really need to trade Ben, fire Doc, castrate Morey and blow it up lol  This is being given to them on a Silver platter.

I mean if they get to the ECF and lose to the nets that’s probably not blow up. The nets would be the favorite in that series. 

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I mean if they get to the ECF and lose to the nets that’s probably not blow up. The nets would be the favorite in that series. 

shouldnt fire doc and catrage Morey. It would be a clear signal that its finally time to move Ben and try something different there. But, it seems the 6ers already know that. Just havent pulled the trigger on it, or been able to pull the trigger on it yet.

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

shouldnt fire doc and catrage Morey. It would be a clear signal that its finally time to move Ben and try something different there. But, it seems the 6ers already know that. Just havent pulled the trigger on it, or been able to pull the trigger on it yet.

I think they really haven’t gotten the right deal besides possibly Hardin which wasn’t happening cause of the rockets owner. I’m guessing if lillard asks out (more smoke around it now then ever before) there’s a chance he comes here. I could see the blazers not getting a player like Simmons and first round picks combo from another team. 

14 hours ago, giveemtheboot said:

Maxey with more 30 point games then Simmons this season

Not saying that Ben doesn't but Maxey is a kid you can tell just simply loves to play the game.  And he happens to be really talented which is a bonus. 

8 hours ago, therealdawk20 said:

Not saying that Ben doesn't but Maxey is a kid you can't tell just simply loves to play the game.  And he happens to be really talented which is a bonus. 

You may not be saying it but I will: Ben doesn’t love playing basketball. 

if they fall short this year and finally move Ben, I’m good with handing the reigns to Maxey next season and see if he can handle it. 

The playoff board fell just about as good as you could have asked for.

Hopefully the team gets some much needed R&R and practice time. They’ve got to figure out a solution to the Embiid double team.

1 hour ago, ToastJenkins said:

so do they re-seed after these playins?

7 and 8 play each other. Winner is 7th seed and loser will play the winner of 9/10 seed to see who gets the 8th seed. 

10 hours ago, therealdawk20 said:

Not saying that Ben doesn't but Maxey is a kid you can't tell just simply loves to play the game.  And he happens to be really talented which is a bonus. 

He is really talented because he loves the game. It's a quality I have loved at more lately and perfect example is LaMelo, dude just looks like he is having so much fun and loves to hoop. I think that quality rubs off on teammates and Hornets definitely exceeded expectations because of Ball. 

Ben, Aaron Gordon, Wiggins, Oladipo, Harrison Barnes and a few others are guys to me who just play because they were blessed. They don't care about being great. 

• Like 1

Really gotta hope that Denver beats Portland in the first round.  Dame might become available then and we have the most assets to make that trade.

27 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Really gotta hope that Denver beats Portland in the first round.  Dame might become available then and we have the most assets to make that trade.

Portland isn’t going to get past the second round even if they beat Denver. They have a shot against Denver simply cause murray is out but i still expect Denver to win that series. Even if they do get by Denver they face likely the lakers (I’m guessing they eat the warriors in the play in tournament) or Suns. They aren’t winning that series. At some point lillard has to realize that the blazers aren’t going anywhere. It’s been the same story every year with one blip on the radar where they got to the WCF and got destroyed 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Basically pencil the Sixers into the Conference finals 

I don't know. The Knicks have played us tough each time they have played. They are a solid team with nothing to lose.

10 minutes ago, West_Philly said:

I don't know. The Knicks have played us tough each time they have played. They are a solid team with nothing to lose.

Ok so 4-1 instead of 4-0.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, West_Philly said:

They won't know what to do when they see us in playoff mode. It's a different ballgame.  This team gets physical.  Theirs is too inexperienced in the playoff arena. 

We punked the Nets a few years ago in a similar situation.  Knicks might be a threat for the future but despite their regular season toughness I could see us sweeping them in a playoff series.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

They won't know what to do when they see us in playoff mode. It's a different ballgame.  This team gets physical.  Theirs is too inexperienced in the playoff arena. 

We punked the Nets a few years ago in a similar situation.  Knicks might be a threat for the future but despite their regular season toughness I could see us sweeping them in a playoff series.

This is a Knicks team coached by Thibs, so to say the Sixers will be too physical for the Knicks is just dumb. Dude has gotten a Knicks team with Randle and a bunch of castoffs to the 4th seed for a reason. 

Now, if you want to say the talent gap is too wide because the Knicks play Taj Gibson 20 minutes then absolutely agree. 

Trae Young better be prepared for some 90s Jordan vs Pistons stuff in the 1st round. 

1 hour ago, West_Philly said:

First game the sixers blasted them by 20 when everyone was healthy. The next two games embiid didn’t play and one of them curry and embiid didn’t play. 

21 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

This is a Knicks team coached by Thibs, so to say the Sixers will be too physical for the Knicks is just dumb. Dude has gotten a Knicks team with Randle and a bunch of castoffs to the 4th seed for a reason. 

Now, if you want to say the talent gap is too wide because the Knicks play Taj Gibson 20 minutes then absolutely agree. 

Trae Young better be prepared for some 90s Jordan vs Pistons stuff in the 1st round. 

I think the Knicks are set up similar to the sixers in terms of defensive first team that’s solid but not great offensive. Sixers imo are better offensive especially with embiid on the floor. However i think the Knicks lack as much talent as the sixers and less experience in terms of playoffs with their guys. Not that the sixers have a ton experience but it’s still more than the Knicks. Thibs and rivers are both good coaches. I would expect the Knicks to be a hard physical series. I just think the sixers would win it in 5 at worse maybe 6. 

The hawks really lack playoff experience besides gallinari and Lou Williams. But man can they shoot the rock. They’ve also in the past given the sixers issues particularly in atlanta. I still think the sixers win the series but i could see the hawks winning two games that series of their guys like young, gallinari, bogdanovic, williams and Collins go off. They can go 9 deep. Heck they have 9 players averaging double figures. I think experience and coaching would catch up to them but give them 2 years i think they are going to be a really fun team and contender especially if they add a big piece 

I am not worried about the first round whatsoever.  Worst case, we will win 4-2 but 4-1 is highly likely.  A sweep is in the cards.

3 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I am not worried about the first round whatsoever.  Worst case, we will win 4-2 but 4-1 is highly likely.  A sweep is in the cards.

It's Conference Finals, easily. 

They managed to miss the Nets, Bucks and Heat. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

It's Conference Finals, easily. 

They managed to miss the Nets, Bucks and Heat. 

And its possible they only have to play 10-11 games where as the other teams will not only play more games, but harder fought series.  Advantage us.  No excuses!

10 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

And its possible they only have to play 10-11 games where as the other teams will not only play more games, but harder fought series.  Advantage us.  No excuses!

I frankly think the extra games in the play in for the lakers is a bunch of BS. They are playing two extra games at worse but really still 8 games less than a normal regular season of 82  

fee bad for the Suns been over a decade since they made the postseason to have to likely play the lakers in round one who’s likely he favorite if healthy 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I frankly think the extra games in the play in for the lakers is a bunch of BS. They are playing two extra games at worse but really still 8 games less than a normal regular season of 82  

fee bad for the Suns been over a decade since they made the postseason to have to likely play the lakers in round one who’s likely he favorite if healthy 

I couldn't care less about the Lakers and won't be shocked if they are eliminated in round 1 or 2.