Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Movie Thread

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I thought Odyssey was pretty incredible.

Same. I don't think I wanna see any other movies ever again. What's the point? It's that good.

I think it was pretty obvious it was gonna be awesome. Has Matt Damon been in a bad movie ever?

24 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I think it was pretty obvious it was gonna be awesome. Has Matt Damon been in a bad movie ever?

There isn't a single Damon movie I'd give more than 6/10 except the Departed. I guess his cameo in Team America.

48 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Same. I don't think I wanna see any other movies ever again. What's the point? It's that good.

Oh really? You're not joking?

6 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

There isn't a single Damon movie I'd give more than 6/10 except the Departed. I guess his cameo in Team America.

Yeah - thanks for proving my point.

I could post all the incredible movies Damon has been in over the years but I'm sure @dawkins4prez has some retarded criteria that he judges good movies with, like not enough trans dong shown while the antagonist covers themselves in irish butter and dances nude to Wham

53 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I could post all the incredible movies Damon has been in over the years but I'm sure @dawkins4prez has some retarded criteria that he judges good movies with, like not enough trans dong shown while the antagonist covers themselves in irish butter and dances nude to Wham

Well the irish butter part is true.

But pretty much all of his movies are mid to me. Ok to watch, not to watch twice.

And if Matt Damon were a good actor, he'd be Jessie Plemons.

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

There isn't a single Damon movie I'd give more than 6/10 except the Departed. I guess his cameo in Team America.

Good Will Hunting and Bourne. I’m not a huge Damon guy overall, but he has a high floor as an actor. He’s steady, but not incredible in my opinion. I think he’s similar to Tom Hanks where it feels like he’s playing himself in every role.

Bale would have been incredible in The Odyssey and was disappointed he turned it down. But I still liked Damon in it and it didn’t take anything away from the movie for me.

9 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Good Will Hunting and Bourne. I’m not a huge Damon guy overall, but he has a high floor as an actor. He’s steady, but not incredible in my opinion. I think he’s similar to Tom Hanks where it feels like he’s playing himself in every role.

Bale would have been incredible in The Odyssey and was disappointed he turned it down. But I still liked Damon in it and it didn’t take anything away from the movie for me.

I dunno, Tom hanks is genuinely charming and has serious comedy chops. Damon is just pure milquetoast, like any role other than the boston wiseguy it feels either like anybody else could have done it. He wasn't very convincing in Last duel, his other period piece, I hope this is better.

5 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Oh really? You're not joking?

For once, I am not joking. This movie was iconic. I wanna see it again right now with zero pants.

5 minutes ago, hputenis said:

For once, I am not joking. This movie was iconic. I wanna see it again right now with zero pants.

I'm watching tonight. With pants, but maybe no underwear.

7 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I'm watching tonight. With pants, but maybe no underwear.

Wear a kilt so you can uh...yeah

Late to this, but Project Hail Mary is on Amazon Prime. Really good, entertaining & heartwarming. Gosling did a nice job.

Odyssey is excellent in so many ways. But c'mon, Matt damon came up so small, knocks the whole movie down a peg. You guys bish constantly about women in action scenes, that final scene Damon was Sand Snakes in GoT bad.

Next day thoughts are Odyssey would have been a 10/10 if not for uneven casting choices. Some really worked Lupita was excellent, Paige put up his best performance since the transition, I'm no fan of Tom Holland but I thought he was the star of the show, great job. Himesh patel was awesome. Others were meh, Leguizamo, Hathaway. And then others were terrible, Iove Zendaya but she phoned it in, the Circe woman getting so much love from the cast I didn't like and then of course Matt Damon.

The casting made perfect sense for the 1st 2/3 of the movie. You are required to accept him as an already acknowledged hero/legend with the backstory coming later and damon's clout helps. But then the last 1/3 of the movie comes around and he has to carry the dialogue and the action and it's like wtf is this. He moves like Deniro in the Italian and carries absolutely zero menace towards a climactic revenge ending.

Yeah. otherwise, it's excellent, felt more like an Eggers movie than a Nolan movie and that's a very good thing. The on site locations, the campfire lighting, the cosmic horrors looked great. Even the costumes that got a lot of heat made sense, it's fantasy armour with beautiful nods to ancient Greece and on the whole the aesthetic worked.

Hmm

They need to start doing intermissions for these movies closing in on 3 hours

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Hmm

I hope this bombs. The concept is dumb as hell

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

They need to start doing intermissions for these movies closing in on 3 hours

No kidding, I run out of beer at the opening credits

11 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

No kidding, I run out of beer at the opening credits

My bladder was screaming at me to run to the bathroom at the end of Odyssey lol

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

My bladder was screaming at me to run to the bathroom at the end of Odyssey lol

Post credit scenes are abusive and should be outlawed. Your bladder is like , "Seriously?" at that point.

8 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Post credit scenes are abusive and should be outlawed. Your bladder is like , "Seriously?" at that point.

It has a post credit scene?

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

It has a post credit scene?

Yeah ben affleck shows up as Poseidon. Says a joke about Aquaman.

25 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Yeah ben affleck shows up as Poseidon. Says a joke about Aquaman.

Is there a train? Any metaphors?

6 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Is there a train? Any metaphors?

Don't you have some 15 paragraph fan fic to write about Antman part 6?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.