Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

We acquired the replacements - we think. Thing is we now may have a good group of guys at a lot of places. A team can have a lot of good guys but too many weaknesses that good teams will prey upon. I'm nor finding a lot of weaknesses in this team. Look at this team and tell me where another team will try to circumvent and we can't cover. Please, no as-nauseum about Hurts. Many have been beating that dead horse all off season - think positive!

Right, I've been saying that all offseason.    I don't see any areas of weakness.  What I think others might be able to exploit will be the guy you don't want to talk about.   

It's obviously a good roster with one year deals...  they are going for it this year.  Next year there will be obvious retooling. 

  • Replies 89.6k
  • Views 2.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

And BTW, I've always said a teeam that depends on a bell cow RB is usually a weak running team.A team that depends on any one position for any part of their game is a weak team. Just ask Bellicheat, all you have to do is take it away - uaually doable.

Right,  except that one person who throws. 

35 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

But is his money worth it? If it is and it's the spot that really makes us a SB contender, then go for it. I really haven't been following the OS that much and what I've read is that Bates really isn't worth HIS asking price. If adding him makes us a contender, then maybe playing for a contender could reduce his asking price. Seems like a money guy, usually don't like them as there's not much difference between them and "me" guys. It's a culture thing. I've read he's equal to Epps, maybe a bit better, so it's more a depth thing.

Wow.... is Epps going to command big money?   How is Epps and Bates on the same level if Bates is going to command big $$

We can all be thankful we're not Texans fans

Houston Texans running back Darius Anderson was charged with felony burglary of habitation after an incident in Texas last week, court records showed.

Brandon Graham going into TC with no restrictions

image.png.9127c34e604beb5e61a950e6f8248a3b.png

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Ok..  so he is RB1 in a rotation.   They put other guys in on key downs....he isn't a star,  it's not semantics it's just truth.  Star RBs don't get taken out. RB 1 doesn't necessarily mean much in a rotation other than he will he in on  1st downs early in the game.

I put "star" in quotes,but you still want to play the semantics games LOL. I never said he was elite,but he is the "star" on this team. Now he needs to perform like one. With a good O line RB's are a dime a dozen. Not worried about that position one bit. Some nice RB's in the next draft. Good selection of QB's if we need one and there is an edge guy I want to keep my eye on 

3 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Bates not exactly much of an upgrade but good depth as in case of injury, could vie as starter, at least compete. Price may not be worth it to some but it adds to my confusion - are we actually competing for the SB this yr? Part of me says we can actually pull this off. So the more depth the better.

IDK S is still a need,IDK how you can't say he's not an upgrade over what we have

3 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

We acquired the replacements - we think. Thing is we now may have a good group of guys at a lot of places. A team can have a lot of good guys but too many weaknesses that good teams will prey upon. I'm nor finding a lot of weaknesses in this team. Look at this team and tell me where another team will try to circumvent and we can't cover. Please, no as-nauseum about Hurts. Many have been beating that dead horse all off season - think positive!

I'm a defensive coordinator for another team. Here is my game plan 1) force Hurts to run left 2)shut down the running game(load the box). If I can do those 2 things EFFECTIVELY (and I have a good team besides) that is a winnable game for me. So who could do that? Rams come to mind. Probably a few more

AUGH! You guys want perfect - this is FOOTBALL!

 See You in September - The Happenings | Listen, Appearances, Song ...

The '72 Dolphins had the perfect record - they were NOT a perfect football team

  • Author
3 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

But is his money worth it? If it is and it's the spot that really makes us a SB contender, then go for it. I really haven't been following the OS that much and what I've read is that Bates really isn't worth HIS asking price. If adding him makes us a contender, then maybe playing for a contender could reduce his asking price. Seems like a money guy, usually don't like them as there's not much difference between them and "me" guys. It's a culture thing. I've read he's equal to Epps, maybe a bit better, so it's more a depth thing.

He plays for the Bengals. They obviously are a contending team. Fitzpatrick just reset the market for S in a big way. That’s the issue.

  • Author

18 mil a year for Fitz

Lol. 

FB_IMG_1658280748350.jpg

  • Author

We balked at paying Marcus Williams 14 mil a year….that didn’t involve trading for him either and giving up picks.

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I put "star" in quotes,but you still want to play the semantics games LOL. I never said he was elite,but he is the "star" on this team. Now he needs to perform like one. With a good O line RB's are a dime a dozen. Not worried about that position one bit. Some nice RB's in the next draft. Good selection of QB's if we need one and there is an edge guy I want to keep my eye on 

He isn't the star, stop it.  He gets the most carries of the group, ones that aren't in key parts of the game.  They split time.  There is no star in the rotation.  But for your fantasy purposes, he will be the first Eagles RB off the board this year.  

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

He isn't the star, stop it.  He gets the most carries of the group, ones that aren't in key parts of the game.  They split time.  There is no star in the rotation.  But for your fantasy purposes, he will be the first Eagles RB off the board this year.  

Once AGAIN I put "star" in quotes. He is the star/lead RB for THIS team. He is the go to RB

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LOL "we wanted this from the beginning" Well then why did you change it in the first place???  DUH!!!! You only wanted it because the fans demanded it(another DUH)

7 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Once AGAIN I put "star" in quotes. He is the star/lead RB for THIS team. He is the go to RB

He is the go to RB?  When they take him out in key situations?  

7 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LOL "we wanted this from the beginning" Well then why did you change it in the first place???  DUH!!!! You only wanted it because the fans demanded it(another DUH)

The Eagles are doing this to make $$$  ...don't confuse this.

  • Author

I like the gray look. Would be real sweet for us. Could care less about Kelly Green.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I like the gray look. Would be real sweet for us. Could care less about Kelly Green.

We're you watching football in 70's & 80's?

Kelly Green is what I grew up with. It was the unis and homer team that drew me to the Eagles. 

  • Author

Sean Payton confirms he plans on coming back to coach

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.