Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Big play of joint practices was Hurts rolling left and hitting AJ. Many have questioned his ability in this area.

Everyone has,because in games he hasn't been able to have success going left passing the ball.    Why is it hard to comprehend?

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was Tampa's strategy to keep him left, they said it after both games and really they didn't need to, it was obvious.  But you focus on " jamming one WR" lol

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I didn’t realize the Giants picked up Tyrod Taylor. He should be their starter. He obviously doesn’t have much of any future career. I don’t see Jones as the answer though….so they could switch pretty early. Tyrod is a solid QB. Lefty(I think) that’s very mobile.

As an Eagle fan yes they should start Tyrod he is terrible way worse then Jones who isn’t that good either. But Jones definitely gives the Giants a better chance to win.

Tyler best attribute was his legs not nearly as dangerous now as he was during his best days with the Bills where he was supported by one of the best Ds in the nfl 

57 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Everyone has,because in games he hasn't been able to have success going left passing the ball.    Why is it hard to comprehend?

NFL has a whole season to adjust to Hurts lot more film to watch of him. Teams will adjust now it’s up to Hurts to be able to counter it 

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

It was Tampa's strategy to keep him left, they said it after both games and really they didn't need to, it was obvious.  But you focus on " jamming one WR" lol

We only had one WR….so that was huge. But this has been the thing for decades. Make any QB go away from his throwing arm. Defense 101. First year starters usually struggle in this area. Some can’t ever overcome it.

13 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

NFL has a whole season to adjust to Hurts lot more film to watch of him. Teams will adjust now it’s up to Hurts to be able to counter it 

This applies to several guys. Mailata, Dickerson, Smitty, Quez……I’d start with the coaches though. Playcalling tendencies are always a big study. Think Gannon has enough new pieces to deliver much more looks. 

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We only had one WR….so that was huge. But this has been the thing for decades. Make any QB go away from his throwing arm. Defense 101. First year starters usually struggle in this area. Some can’t ever overcome it.

Yes, running QBs you focus on them going the opposite way...  weak arm QBs you do the same.   A guy that has a good arm and doesn't rely on running,  that isn't what the defense will focus on.   Vick was done after the Minnesota Tuesday night game, they forced him right with a DB blitz and it was done.  If teams follow Tampa 's strategy.... Hurts is going to have to adjust and make throws.

12 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Williams fined 10 grand for dirty hit on Hurts. Pretty weak fine in my eyes.

Pocket change

Wet game today. Don't want to see starters in the game, it's about the bubble players

Just now, mjkline1958 said:

Let's run Scott to death - augh!

Scott domination to start this game 

We know Boston can run and he's on the team. Let the bubble guys play and Schew throw. Reagor was wide open on his catch.

Just now, Asg 15 said:

So is the weather why Minchew is starting?

I don’t think so. Judging Siri’s approach. Think the joint practicing is more valuable to him.

We joint practice with Phins next

Browns don’t have Watson OR Brissett playing.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Weather might be effecting others though. Backup D starts this PS game.

Not an injury though.

That's the first thing i thought of

Hurts was out warming up …with him and AJ signing autographs on the way back to the locker room

We held at the one yard line before the half ended. Can’t believe those p5ss1es kicked a field goal. One second…on the goaline ….gotta punch it in if I’m Cleveland. Spineless! PS game and you kick a field goal at the one yard line.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We held at the one yard line before the half ended. Can’t believe those p5ss1es kicked a field goal. One second…on the goaline ….gotta punch it in if I’m Cleveland. Spineless! PS game and you kick a field goal at the one yard line.

Especially in the PS

Marvin Wilson got injured. Five star high school DT recruit that dominated at FL St

Archived