Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

11 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Hurts shouldn't have been running in the PS to begin with but it's how he plays.

The holding on Mailata was so ticky tacky. Then the Jets' 1st possession they committed an egregious one and no call. Refs are supposed to be getting away from tick tack calls and becoming more consistent - wish it would happen already. 

Impossible job my man. I’d have to say NFL refs actually do a heck of a job,

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

PUNT GOD!!!!!!! 

I told you the hold time!

Punting is a major factor in football.

1 hour ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I was just imagining…What if he could kick FG's? Wow, team difference maker right there!

Why can’t punting be such a major difference? Huge field position switch.

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I will stick up for Ham here. He found this guy and wanted us to draft him

Thanks for throwing me a bone there brother!

53 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I told you the hold time!

Punting is a major factor in football.

If we really want to discuss punting like that though impressive kicking it’s what 82 yards with the bounce into the EZ… probably 65-70 yards in air the ball had very little hang time and if the PR catches the ball probably had easy 25-30 yards of space in front of him. 

And returners will adjust to his big leg go back little further against him. 

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I don’t think so at all. I think if you run it in  during the playoffs it counts as six just the same.

Yeah... that's true... but most people who have watched the sport for years have noticed a difference when it comes to running QBs in the playoffs.   Their offenses struggle.   Lamar Jackson, Murray and Hurts are just the latest examples.    Idk...Baltimore was putting up ridiculous points in the regular seasons lately...then a flop each playoff?  It is what it is.    

In a win or go home situation it's harder for one guy to run around, past or through 11 defensive players who are focused on stopping it.   Much different than a couple of practices during the season before they go back to trying to stop a passer the next week.

30 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Looks to me like he even pulled up some to try and drop it on the 5

We were in the same position and our P got it to midfield.

I will be keeping an eye out this season for this guy as a potential round 1 pick for us. 

42 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We were in the same position and our P got it to midfield.

Watching the kicking motion it was more of a punch kick than a full extension

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Watching the kicking motion it was more of a punch kick than a full extension

I watched a few SDSU games last year

That's his normal kicking motion

8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Why can’t punting be such a major difference? Huge field position switch.

Punting is a big difference. Just imagine though a team stalling at the 40-50 yd line. No punt, kick a FG. A lot of teams would be defeated by the team having that type of kicker. 

6 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I will be keeping an eye out this season for this guy as a potential round 1 pick for us. 

He’s a stud….looking top ten PS

Was reading how the Browns structured Watson’s contract so he loses only the vet minimum for suspension.

7 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

He’s a stud….looking top ten PS

We could get a top 10 from the Aint's maybe

3 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

The Philadelphia Eagles released offensive lineman William Dunkle and SAM linebacker Ali Fayad on Sunday

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2022/8/14/23305745/eagles-news-jj-arcega-whiteside-jjaw-william-dunkle-ali-fayad-nfl-roster-cuts-deadline-philadelphia

We can lose 2 WR's,without any worry(Jjaw is a TE now supposedly) I was never a Jjaw fan as you all well know. Another awful pick.I'm glad the last 2 drafts were alot better. Now armed with 2 round 1 picks next year,it's all on Hurts to put up some numbers. In pracive fantasy drafts Hurts is going pretty high,usually round 4-5

Finally watched the game. Preseason football is Sooooooo boring!

At least we can stop talking about punters….PLEASE! Eagles’ punter is adequate and apparently a good holder. Enough said!

Backup Center was impressive! Backup defense is very marginal….as expected I suppose.

I hope Covey makes the team to be the returner. Reagor makes me nervous.

On 8/12/2022 at 7:49 AM, Asg 15 said:

Why does it seem it's the WRs that are the head cases?

LOL I assume that question was rhetorical. 

1 minute ago, Senhorcook said:

Finally watched the game. Preseason football is Sooooooo boring!

At least we can stop talking about punters….PLEASE! Eagles’ punter is adequate and apparently a good holder. Enough said!

Backup Center was impressive! Backup defense is very marginal….as expected I suppose.

I hope Covey makes the team to be the returner. Reagor makes me nervous.

I will talk about him because he shanked under pressure last year

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Was reading how the Browns structured Watson’s contract so he loses only the vet minimum for suspension.

He looked unimpressive in his "debut" Numbers were worse than any rookies. I'm glad we didn't even take a look at this clown. He needs to play with Antonio because they are both overpaid prima donnas 

Rogers(TE) I think can go away. Stoll plays hard and tries hard. He needs to improve alot, this is the year for him to do that. So I think beside Goedert,him and Calcaterra stick. IDK much about Togai,I'm gonna check on him now

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/noah-togiai/3200544f-4730-7886-9671-81fc84e55269  Nothing I see makes me want to keep this kid either. Would not shock me if we added another UDFA TE as our 4th Should be plenty of leftovers to add a 4th if we want. Goedert,Stoll stay,Calcaterra has upside but IDK if he can play yet(Project). We may just go with those 3. Any thoughts on this position? I would be fine losing Jjaw,Rogers,Togiai. Go with those 3 or find a UDFA with upside,possibly a cut from another team as an extra TE body. In the even Goedert got hurt,Stoll could fill in,he's not terrific,but could be useable with a different set of play calls. Not really an ofensive threat per se,but he can catch those 4-5 yard panic throws from Hurts as an outlet receiver as the 4th read. I know some WR;s are going away soon also. Wonder if a Reagor trade for a 1/2 way decent TE paired with Goedert would be the way to go?

Archived