Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yeah that was a sad call there. Even as a default Bucs fan that was horrible

OK so we are apparently NOT going to move on LOL,ok NP your call. Only off season position that had zero competition and that is what camp is for, not passing jobs out like Halloween candy and the fact he was 28/32 and the COACH brought it up means nothing of course. So I guess we're going to keep this up now 

Was a big play in the Dallas game.  Was a big play last year for us vs Carolina. Need to avoid those game changing negative plays. It's absolutely something to look at vs Dallas and the battle for 1st place in the best division in football. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clock management...Eagles had it, AZ did not at the end.   Plus we had the better holder. All the little things matter in a game of inches.

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Was a big play in the Dallas game.  Was a big play last year for us vs Carolina. Need to avoid those game changing negative plays. It's absolutely something to look at vs Dallas and the battle for 1st place in the best division in football. 

Dullaz St rush was pretty good on all those kicking plays. They almost got to him more than the one block

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Clock management...Eagles had it, AZ did not at the end.   Plus we had the better holder. All the little things matter in a game of inches.

yeah that part was nice. We took 7:43 off the clock. Almost gave up the tie at the end though, glad he missed it 

That screen Rondale Moore busted Reddick looked really bad on.  Gotta feel all those Oline running out. Seemed like he was feeling it….but instead of attacking and shutting it down….he got caught in the wash with the Oline some how.

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That screen Rondale Moore busted Reddick looked really bad on.  Gotta feel all those Oline running out. Seemed like he was feeling it….but instead of attacking and shutting it down….he got caught in the wash with the Oline some how.

IDK that they run busted play drills in camp, kinda doubt it.That's where instincts kick in,nothing you can do about those. I just need to know who on the O line will be 100% next week

22 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK he got beat bad on the 30 yarder Murray missed to Ertz. Ok only 1 play. Think we keep him around anyway though

Hollywood Brown smoked him out of a stack formation for a huge play. Brown is just so quick and agile. Think today(for those who don’t watch the whole league)  you could see why I wanted us to draft him in the first instead of Dillard.

12 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK that they run busted play drills in camp, kinda doubt it.That's where instincts kick in,nothing you can do about those. I just need to know who on the O line will be 100% next week

?

24 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Dullaz St rush was pretty good on all those kicking plays. They almost got to him more than the one block

It's why I think it's key for our punter to avoid that big negative play like he has been doing so far the last 2 seasons.  Can't give Dallas that edge.

TJ Edwards missed a few plays today. He’s been so outstanding the rest of the season. Think I remember him making a tackle behind the line of scrimmage on a good note though.

24 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

yeah that part was nice. We took 7:43 off the clock. Almost gave up the tie at the end though, glad he missed it 

The fact that it was only a possible tie...is the point.   We managed to take time off. .. they had opportunities to make plays to get them closer for a possible TD...and messed them up.  Limit them to have to be perfect, they don't execute.  Force themselves to only attempt to tie... and fail.    The failure was on them... but if we gave them 3 minutes, they would have played it differently.

Gardner-Johnson still making some mistakes…but showing enough of an early fit …..how much would you be willing to pay Ceedy Deuce for, right now? I’d think he is looking for twelve mil…probably even over that.

35 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I saw him convert a huge what?…..Third and eleven. Willed that to happen! Got down for a very make-able kick for Dicker

Yes... Goedert is a beast...takes the short throws, breaks a tackle and gets the 1st.    Gotta love our weapons.  QB has to be in heaven.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Gardner-Johnson still making some mistakes…but showing enough of an early fit how much would you be willing to pay Ceedy Deuce for, right now? I’d think he is looking for twelve mil…probably even over that.

I think we see how the season goes first.  I'm not paying him or anyone else anything yet.   17 games and take a full season assessment... this is a huge offseason for the future.  No decisions made on the emotion of the moment.  We need to evaluate everything before making the long thought out decisions.  

Avonte Maddox we signed to 3 years at 23 mil. 7 and 1/2 mil for a slot corner that showed decent. Gardner was looking to get paid much more than their labeling him slot corner. So he came here being labeled S. I sure hope he isn’t thinking he’s worth 18 mil a season level.

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I think we see how the season goes first.  I'm not paying him or anyone else anything yet.   17 games and take a full season assessment... this is a huge offseason for the future.  No decisions made on the emotion of the moment.  We need to evaluate everything before making the long thought out decisions.  

We traded draft picks for him. He’ll be a FA. He’s the guy that you sign now…or he’s leaving.

He needed to show himself a good fit before you cough over the dough. Think that he’s proven himself fairly well. That’s with no PS here. So you want to lock up good players at reasonable/or team friendly rates, right? Marcus Epps we need to sign also. What are we doing if we can’t keep Epps in house?

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

It's why I think it's key for our punter to avoid that big negative play like he has been doing so far the last 2 seasons.  Can't give Dallas that edge.

OK Joe I get it yet when I said our punter was 3 yards below everyone else you argue its a game of inches,yet yards don't matter to you. Now you are on a whole new subject of who blocks punts and who doesn't which has zero to do with yard averages on successful kicks. Once again the COACH BROUGHT IT UP,so go piss in his office and tell him yards don't matter,and for someone who wanted to "move on" you sure refuse to do it. Suffice to say apparently the coach lit Siposs jock on fire because today he kicked at league AVERAGE,so nice to see him improve to average. Hope that continues

42 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

The fact that it was only a possible tie...is the point.   We managed to take time off. .. they had opportunities to make plays to get them closer for a possible TD...and messed them up.  Limit them to have to be perfect, they don't execute.  Force themselves to only attempt to tie... and fail.    The failure was on them... but if we gave them 3 minutes, they would have played it differently.

Right,they beat themselves,it wasn't that we were overwhelming them. I can't account for what they do or don't do,but we weren't impressive in the least and to say we were is fallacy and that high mpowered offense was nowhere to be found. We scraped out an ugly win,thats what we did like it or not. 

44 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Gardner-Johnson still making some mistakes…but showing enough of an early fit …..how much would you be willing to pay Ceedy Deuce for, right now? I’d think he is looking for twelve mil…probably even over that.

We can talk about that when the season ends? There is alot of football to be played yet. We will be talking alot about what players are worth later. Howie will decide that not us

39 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We traded draft picks for him. He’ll be a FA. He’s the guy that you sign now…or he’s leaving.

FA when the season ends,why do we need to decide week 5? Can't we decide week 16? We don't even have a clue what Hurts is worth

Archived