Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

10 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

It in an excuse for the QB making the worst possible mistake?  

How many false starts over the season.. does every QB get a pass for a turnover after a false start?  Come on now.   If it was Dak or Wentz you wouldn't stop busting on them.  It's ok to say your guy made a mistake. 

Who doesn’t answer questions? Clearly you…not I.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Dude. . Why would he rush to decide...that's bad business. 

Is every player that's unsigned just after the bag?   A lot of guys still out there.. why you single him out.  Because we might get him back for less than 13 mil and you can't acknowledge it would have been a mistake to sign him week 3?   This is what it seems like.

We negotiated twice to try and keep him. Last I heard from him…”total disrespect.”

7 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

So you think CGJ doesn't want to be here...but Howie and Lurie would still bring him back?   

Btw...why do you think CGJ doesn't like it here...you sticking to the story about the car,????  Lol

I don’t think he cares that much about football. Don’t think he cares about winning that much either.

I think he loves rap. Figuring to take all his money and start his label probably. So thinking best town for his label what he wants.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

I did say he made a mistake. Flat out said just that.

Right...and could be Howie was right not to sign him week 3 for 13 mil .  You follow.   You are still allowed to love Hurts even if he makes a mistake and you can still think Howie sucks if he does one thing right.

It's why it's hilarious you call Chip my boy simply because I pointed out a couple things I liked.   I'm sure Kotite did some things right too...doesn't make either a good coach.  

It doesn't have to be all in one way or the other.

10 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

So you think CGJ doesn't want to be here...but Howie and Lurie would still bring him back?   

Btw...why do you think CGJ doesn't like it here...you sticking to the story about the car,????  Lol

The story about the car….was the dogging out the city. 

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We negotiated twice to try and keep him. Last I heard from him…”total disrespect.”

So last we heard about the Eagles and CGJ..." his agent was told to come back to the Eagles with their best offer"

That " total disrespect " seems more so from the league since it seems the Eagles are waiting.  

6 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Dude ... no kidding.   How many teammates make mistakes before a QB turns it over on next play.  It's no excuse to fumble.  He doesn't fumble on any other 3rd and 6 runs.  Bad mistake by QB.  After a mistake by Seamulo.  2 mistakes.  One could have led to a punt...the other free 7 points.

So I’ll just take your refusing to answer as you agree. We all know Hurts converts the sneak. First down. Fumble doesn’t happen.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The story about the car….was the dogging out the city. 

I took it as him calling out the person for coming to Philly to steal the car.   It's what it sounded like to me... hearing it, not reading it.

But I like to go in with open mind.  It's why I waited to get whole story on Carter and car accident.  But I said if he left early that's a selfish move.

Curious, you were ok with him " avoiding DUI"  that's OK selfish for him... but for some reason you aren't with CGJ?   

You sure it's not because he may come back for less than 13 mil you wanted to pay him?

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So I’ll just take your refusing to answer as you agree. We all know Hurts converts the sneak. First down. Fumble doesn’t happen.

Right... Seamulo cost 1st down...Hurts cost 7 points.  We agree 10000%.  Hurts doesn’t make his rare major mistake if Seamulo doesn't make his minor more common one...agreed.

2 mistakes the major one by QB.

10 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I don’t think he cares that much about football. Don’t think he cares about winning that much either.

So not caring about winning.. then you wouldn't pay him 13 mil now right?

Would you pay him 6 mil now?

See here is what it looks like.

1. Ham doesn't like Howie

2. Ham wants to show Howie making a mistake by not signing CGJ for 13 mil

3. Now it seems Howie can sign CGJ for less than 13 mil

4.  So Ham needs to make it look like signing CGJ at any price is a mistake by Howie.

That's just to the neutral observer.  

I'd prefer to  keep CGJ... but the reasons i wouldn't.. are ..

1. Possibly his success was due to playing behind the elite DL or for a different DC.

2. We miss the better comp pick 

3. We use up cap space.

Nothing else soap opera related really concerns me.  Just his play and his pay..and comp pick.

Which BTW... I can see someone making a very legit argument not to sign CGJ for those 3 reasons.

Not any speculation of anything else. 

6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Could be good to actually play next to Kelce. Think he could learn more next to him than on the bench.

He would start a RG so yes he would play between Kelce and Lane?

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Might be time to get his replacement. Not like it sucks to keep such a good Oline. But the guy has been dealing with mental issues. Some say pain pill problems. Father Time comes for all. His max left is three years. I don’t see him making that without another injury. Right now…he could bring some picks in trade wise.

LMAO maybe you didn't read or understand my Bergeron posts. This is why I want him in round 2,but he STARTS at RG.takes over for Lane when he leaves

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I think you are a bit backwards here actually. Holding on to expensive old players. Didn’t you watch how old and slow we got after our SB victory?

UM Lane was part of this years SB team?

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

He clearly been shopping to try and go almost anywhere else.

That's his agents job 

No matter how much you don’t want it to happen…Lane is about done. Could clear cap and get draft ammo to get younger. Setup a longer window.

Yes he will be done in 2 years

I’ve always favored trading a guy a year early than a year late. Packers probably have worked that the best. Early you get return in draft picks. So we get youth in return. Two more seasons with Lane and get nothing.

You've gotten 2 SB appearances by him. Maybe we make another 1 in the 2 years he has left? Loads of picks in the '24 draft.Let's see how this year goes first? I mean before making decisions we don't make 2 years from now?

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

And again...no issue drafting the rookie future RT... he just isn't starting this year. 

Bergeron can start right now at RG,Let him play next to 2 of the best in the league,then he will be ready at RT when Lane says goodbye. Seems like a great thing to me. No push,no shove,ease him in,ease Lane out his final year. No digging the barrel bottom for ROT's n panic mode. Nice SMOOTH transition

The answer is neither did their job. Can’t say the Secondary rocked….can’t say the Dline rocked. Both struggling at the same time is disaster. What I’m saying. Need one to help the other.

UM we were at +14 TO ratio for alot of the year. Who got those picks?

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Long road for Hurts here. Tomorrow Lane is what’s best. But I don’t see that lasting too long. Age maybe catching up on him. Fear he gets injured again this year. He body might be just breaking down. Happens to them all.

Once again,why I want Bergeron. If Siri sees Lane is breaking down and not protecting Hurts,he has an option now. And as painful as that might be you make the move it teams are running over Lane. Lane would probably be the first to say it to Siri

I know he wants to get paid. But it’s a bad look here. We offered. Seemingly two different times to keep him

UH his agent has a job??? You understand what that job is?. Growing up why did you change jobs? I assume it was to make more money? Why is it different in football?? Howie put up his offer,that will be tested. We could lose him,but Howie will pay what he feels he is worth.If the rest of the market agrees with Howie,he will be coming back

So I’m starting to question now. Feels like he doesn’t care about playing here. Go wherever the money is. He keeps lashing out saying kind of dumb stuff on social media. Then deleted. 

He'll play for whomever pays him the most. He is frustrated that noone feels he's worth 16 million and maybe Howies price was fair. Reality is setting in. perhaps someone will overpay,that's what he is hoping for,but they haven't yet

So I’m hesitant to bring a guy back that isn’t about being an Eagles. Especially when we just went to the big game. Not greatest for the chemistry. Hesitant to have such a high paid player on the team not care about the team. Worrisome from his latest tweet that he’s going to be bitter about getting all that money…feeling he’s underpaid.

If every team in the league offers him the same amount(regardless of what HE thinks he is worth) he will either take a job or sit home. Not hard

Archived