What if Sirianni is the next Bill Walsh?

JP HOF

12 hours ago, Moderator6 said:

Quit the crybaby drama in here, all of you.  It's the summer time go outside and play.  B-)

It's a good ol' pre-training camp TATER brawl.  It's hot, tempers are short; Happens every year. 

• Haha 1

On 7/15/2021 at 11:14 AM, Hawkeye said:

On the coaching tree Siranni is a direct descendant of Bill Walsh from the Paul Brown line - Walsh's mentor and the father of modern football.

99510053_CoachingTree.png.e0d163eac9a65b1e3adf68cb994ae937.png

Pretty good pedigree. 

Impressive indeed.  But I have to laugh at placing Reich under Pederson as if he should be considered a branch off of Doug's tree.  Frank was actually coaching in the NFL before Doug.  

10 hours ago, time2rock said:

Impressive indeed.  But I have to laugh at placing Reich under Pederson as if he should be considered a branch off of Doug's tree.  Frank was actually coaching in the NFL before Doug.  

Yep.  Reich was first hired as a coach by Tony Dungy, who got his first coaching gig under Chuck Knoll.

17 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Nice post. ^^^^^

and of those guys, the following have won super bowls:
Seifert, (Mike) Shanahan,Holmgren,Billick,Reid,Gruden....and Reich.... 😁

• Like 1

15 hours ago, time2rock said:

He got fired before Doug too

20 hours ago, downundermike said:

Yep.  Reich was first hired as a coach by Tony Dungy, who got his first coaching gig under Chuck Knoll.

Yes, but Dungy's last assistant job was DC under Dennis Green in Minnesota 1992 to 1995. Dennis Green worked as WR coach for Bill Walsh from 1986 to 1989.

On 7/16/2021 at 12:36 PM, time2rock said:

This charts head coaches only - first gigs.  It’s an interesting take.  I admit I’d never heard of Nick until he was named HC here but the Paul Brown tree has a hell of a lot of innovative offensive firepower.

• Like 1

I've never even heard of the guy, I just want to see if he can get us to the playoffs 😄

On 7/11/2021 at 8:03 AM, EazyEaglez said:

The NFL should use it as a minor league and they should lift their ban on drafting younger players. Let the young guys declare, get drafted and play in the USFL. Overall what really killed the USFL the first time was they were trying to compete with the NFL. They didn’t have the pockets for it, but I’d watch some young future Eagles playing for a minor league Eagles team. 

I would love nothing more than to see the NFL have a minor league and free up those college spots for people who actually want and will hopefully use a higher education. Only here in the good ol USA do we use our higher education system as a pro sports farm system.

As for Siri.....he can be anything you want him to be right now. Right now we just have some ingredients. Soon well be mixing them up. Then we'll get see if we get to eat our cake too or if it flops.

14 hours ago, Thing3 said:

I would love nothing more than to see the NFL have a minor league and free up those college spots for people who actually want and will hopefully use a higher education. Only here in the good ol USA do we use our higher education system as a pro sports farm system.

As for Siri.....he can be anything you want him to be right now. Right now we just have some ingredients. Soon well be mixing them up. Then we'll get see if we get to eat our cake too or if it flops.

Looking at college football the money is clearly there. If I were the USFL leaders with or without the NFL I would consider drafting high school graduates for my league or any players who wish to early declare from college. People love to see the best players regardless of their age. I’m basically on a wait and see with Sirianni. Right now I don’t think he has enough talent. We will see. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, NOTW said:

Soooo he is gonna burn out here and go win a championship somewhere else? Great

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Soooo he is gonna burn out here and go win a championship somewhere else? Great

Well if he wins a SB they'll just fire him a couple years later for wanting to win now. :whistle:

• Haha 1

Maybe he wins us our first (2nd) Lombardi and makes the playoffs 2 out of the next 3 years and then Lurie fires him in favor of Howie AGAIN! 

On 7/10/2021 at 6:44 AM, JP HOF said:

I get great vibes off him from the start despite all the abuse that came his way starting from his first press conference.  The greatest coaching legends in NFL history are for the most part really strange dudes, who possess skills and insights you'd never guess about when you hear them speak..

No one woulda thought Belichick would be what he turned out to be.   Or Lombardi, or Joe Gibbs, or Jimmy Johnson, or Parcells.  They all had a knack for growing a chemistry with their players, extraordinary people skills and instincts made these men beyond mortal.  

You kinda never knew what kind of leader you were getting when you hired them.  Sirianni, who knows?  but he obviously knows and loves the game and is ultimately competitive.  I for one wanted Doug fired more than anything, he was just a numbskull on gameday.  I am also optimistic about Hurts.  Who better for the Birds than an ultimate scrapper, what a step up from the spoiled bratboy Wentz.  and indications are it will be a balanced offense, something we've rarely seen!

I feel the Vegas over/under of 6 1/2 wins is an absolute gimme for the over.

happy football

Ummmm....I really hope Sirianni is the next Walsh but....we do not have the next Montana or Young lmfao

On 7/19/2021 at 9:15 AM, MF POON said:

I've never even heard of the guy, I just want to see if he can get us to the playoffs 😄

Playoffs... playoffs??? I just hope we can win a game!

On 7/12/2021 at 11:52 AM, Portyansky said:

I'll be happy if he's the next Pederson. Have an OK 1st year then win the SB the following then wash rinse and repeat...

Lol that’d be so weird if from now on every HC won a SB their 2nd year and then crash and burn and get fired

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol that’d be so weird if from now on every HC won a SB their 2nd year and then crash and burn and get fired

Weird and awesome. Sign me up for a super bowl every 4 years 😆

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/10/2021 at 6:44 AM, JP HOF said:

I get great vibes off him from the start despite all the abuse that came his way starting from his first press conference.  The greatest coaching legends in NFL history are for the most part really strange dudes, who possess skills and insights you'd never guess about when you hear them speak..

No one woulda thought Belichick would be what he turned out to be.   Or Lombardi, or Joe Gibbs, or Jimmy Johnson, or Parcells.  They all had a knack for growing a chemistry with their players, extraordinary people skills and instincts made these men beyond mortal.  

You kinda never knew what kind of leader you were getting when you hired them.  Sirianni, who knows?  but he obviously knows and loves the game and is ultimately competitive.  I for one wanted Doug fired more than anything, he was just a numbskull on gameday.  I am also optimistic about Hurts.  Who better for the Birds than an ultimate scrapper, what a step up from the spoiled bratboy Wentz.  and indications are it will be a balanced offense, something we've rarely seen!

I feel the Vegas over/under of 6 1/2 wins is an absolute gimme for the over.

happy football

Wentz is a cry baby at least Hurts plays his heart out & does not complain !

On 7/20/2021 at 11:29 AM, EazyEaglez said:

I’m basically on a wait and see with Sirianni. Right now I don’t think he has enough talent. We will see. 

I've seen enough, he's not doing a good enough job with the talent he has.