What if Sirianni is the next Bill Walsh?

JP HOF

On 7/10/2021 at 3:44 AM, JP HOF said:

I get great vibes off him from the start despite all the abuse that came his way starting from his first press conference.  The greatest coaching legends in NFL history are for the most part really strange dudes, who possess skills and insights you'd never guess about when you hear them speak..

No one woulda thought Belichick would be what he turned out to be.   Or Lombardi, or Joe Gibbs, or Jimmy Johnson, or Parcells.  They all had a knack for growing a chemistry with their players, extraordinary people skills and instincts made these men beyond mortal.  

You kinda never knew what kind of leader you were getting when you hired them.  Sirianni, who knows?  but he obviously knows and loves the game and is ultimately competitive.  I for one wanted Doug fired more than anything, he was just a numbskull on gameday.  I am also optimistic about Hurts.  Who better for the Birds than an ultimate scrapper, what a step up from the spoiled bratboy Wentz.  and indications are it will be a balanced offense, something we've rarely seen!

I feel the Vegas over/under of 6 1/2 wins is an absolute gimme for the over.

happy football

You were saying ?????

19 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You were saying ?????

You don't really think he will come back to his crap thread do you? 

On 7/10/2021 at 6:44 AM, JP HOF said:

I get great vibes off him from the start despite all the abuse that came his way starting from his first press conference.  The greatest coaching legends in NFL history are for the most part really strange dudes, who possess skills and insights you'd never guess about when you hear them speak..

No one woulda thought Belichick would be what he turned out to be.   Or Lombardi, or Joe Gibbs, or Jimmy Johnson, or Parcells.  They all had a knack for growing a chemistry with their players, extraordinary people skills and instincts made these men beyond mortal. 

Uh, Lombardi was, well, Lombardi.  The guy won a state championship at basketball and never coached it before. 

Bill Walsh - learned under a guy named Paul Brown.

Joe Gibbs - trained under a guy named Don Coryell.

Belichik - credit him for drafting and sticking with Brady.  Sans Brady, he has an average record as a head coach.

Siranni hasn't demonstrated in least that there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.  He doesn't have the resume, hasn't studied with the right masters of the game, and I have seen extraordinary game planning or anything else otherwise that leads me to expect good things from his teams.

Siri better turns things around soon.  At the minimum, he needs to show he has some ideas how to stop the slide.  If not, he could be out of the doors before the season is over. 

• 1 year later...
On 10/24/2021 at 7:16 PM, wrestlevessel said:

Fire his ass. He is awful.

Glad they didn’t listen to you. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JP HOF said:

I ask once more..

3 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

He's not.

Agreed.  He did not invent an entirely new way to play offensive football.

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

At least he didn't start a new topic.

He's had some real bangers.

2 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

so nobody's going to step up, figures.

Step up for what ??  And who is supposed to do the stepping up ??

Surely you are not referring to @Moderator6 who you called Mr Simpleton before you disappeared for two months.

14 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Make a thread about stepping up, maybe that will do the trick

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

I live several states away from Philly these days.  We have a wing joint that has an Eagles crowd that meets to watch Birds games, and everyone was exceptionally friendly from the getgo, it is like a brotherhood.  Presumably that's what this forum should be like but with the help of 2 of the most wretched individuals ever to post on a forum, downundermike and bwestbrook, it's always an unpleasant situation, never fails to be.

so I'll make my last point and move on down the road.  Must not be many longterm fans here, or anywhere because I've seen noone in social media ever mention the obvious fact that this year's Birds offense more resembles Montana's 49ers than any team in history.

1 hour ago, JP HOF said:

I live several states away from Philly these days.  We have a wing joint that has an Eagles crowd that meets to watch Birds games, and everyone was exceptionally friendly from the getgo, it is like a brotherhood.  Presumably that's what this forum should be like but with the help of 2 of the most wretched individuals ever to post on a forum, downundermike and bwestbrook, it's always an unpleasant situation, never fails to be.

so I'll make my last point and move on down the road.  Must not be many longterm fans here, or anywhere because I've seen noone in social media ever mention the obvious fact that this year's Birds offense more resembles Montana's 49ers than any team in history.

Huh? This zone read offense with no FB reminds you of the WCO? For the record Sirianni isn’t even calling the plays. Rather than asking this question why don’t you relax and enjoy the season. You’re trying to compare an HOF coach with a guy in his second year. What is the point? Sirianni could win us 3 Super Bowls or he could be done after five years like Doug. Who knows? Who cares? Enjoy the moment, because no one can predict how this will end. 

31 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Huh? This zone read offense with no FB reminds you of the WCO? For the record Sirianni isn’t even calling the plays. Rather than asking this question why don’t you relax and enjoy the season. You’re trying to compare an HOF coach with a guy in his second year. What is the point? Sirianni could win us 3 Super Bowls or he could be done after five years like Doug. Who knows? Who cares? Enjoy the moment, because no one can predict how this will end. 

Wonder if he remembers the hype behind chip Kelly's offense and how quickly that fell apart

Sirianni is legit. How good he can be remains to be seen. How he copes and develops guys when he loses his coaches remains to be seen. But he's legit a very good HC.

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Sirianni is legit. How good he can be remains to be seen. How he copes and develops guys when he loses his coaches remains to be seen. But he's legit a very good HC.

Right.  How he (and Howie) handles the inevitable loss of Steichen and Gannon will be a test.  Just look at the collapse in Indy after he left Reich...that feels alot like when Reich left Doug.  Staff chemistry is so big.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

Wonder if he remembers the hype behind chip Kelly's offense and how quickly that fell apart

Just way too soon to predict such things. Like others have mentioned how things fell apart for Doug after his coaches started to leave. I really like how things are going so far with Sirianni. The is no need to rush to any kind of judgments. The last time he was calling the plays things did not go well. He's probably going to need to find replacements for his OC and DC if things keep going the way that they are. Who even knows who will be even making those choices? Is it Howie or the coach? Doesn't even matter to me. just go win football games.

4 hours ago, JP HOF said:

You have us on ignore and said it was great now..... Not our fault you make the worst threads that the mods have to keep moving or delete. I don't even post that much and I haven't really even bothered with your threads lately but, if you want to keep blaming us for your garbage threads then I'm going to keep being a deek about it. 

4 hours ago, JP HOF said:

1st - you keep thinking you are bringing original topics to the forum after each one of your 3 month absences.  You log in, do not read the forum, and start a new topic, that we have already discussed at length.

2nd - We are all long term fans.

3rd - No one is saying our offense resembles Montana's 49ers, because it does not.  If it does, please tell us about all the running that Joe Montana did.