What if Sirianni is the next Bill Walsh?

JP HOF

Bill Walsh was an offensive genius.......he never would have allowed this kind of stagnation with the talent that's available here.  

If the eagles don't want to replace johnson or take playcalling away from him, they need to get a consultant in here that can help him be more creative and take advantage of the eagles offensive talent.

Frank Reich

Duce Staley

Josh McDaniels

Ken Dorsey

John DeFilippo

These are some guys who are available, have good track records except with lousy organizations.  At this point, they need an experienced consultant to get them out of their funk.

38 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

Bill Walsh was an offensive genius.......he never would have allowed this kind of stagnation with the talent that's available here.  

If the eagles don't want to replace johnson or take playcalling away from him, they need to get a consultant in here that can help him be more creative and take advantage of the eagles offensive talent.

Frank Reich

Duce Staley

Josh McDaniels

Ken Dorsey

John DeFilippo

These are some guys who are available, have good track records except with lousy organizations.  At this point, they need an experienced consultant to get them out of their funk.

Duce Staley is the last guy I want to see on the sidelines, a move would be to fire Sirianni and hire Bieniemy as HC, he'll get the job done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Duce Staley is the last guy I want to see on the sidelines, a move would be to fire Sirianni and hire Bieniemy as HC, he'll get the job done.

Agree on Staley. Doubt they fire Siri given his record.

26 minutes ago, judunno said:

Agree on Staley. Doubt they fire Siri given his record.

Wait, haven't you learned that records can be misleading? 

Sirianni is a know-nothing HC that lets Howie and his analytics gurus call the shots, real HCs don't play that sheet..

4 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Wait, haven't you learned that records can be misleading? 

Sirianni is a know-nothing HC that lets Howie and his analytics gurus call the shots, real HCs don't play that sheet..

Hence why he won't be fired. 

5 minutes ago, judunno said:

Hence why he won't be fired. 

I guess you got a point......if the FO doesn't want a real HC.

23 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I guess you got a point......if the FO doesn't want a real HC.

Just realizing that? This is what Howie wants.

Rumor out there saying Bill Belichick and the Pats will be parting ways after the season.  No way it would happen, but would you even want to consider him for the Eagles?  I'd love it for the D, but he has obviously struggled without Brady.  But it's highly unlikely Howie/Lurie would bring on a "power player" as a HC and disrupt their little heirarchy. 

Howie/Lurie appear to want yes men as head coaches...and that's friggin terrible.  They forced Pederson's hand and likely hold sway over Sirianni.  That said, this structure also led to one SB win and another SB appearance.  So...🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, EaglesAddict said:

Rumor out there saying Bill Belichick and the Pats will be parting ways after the season.  No way it would happen, but would you even want to consider him for the Eagles?  I'd love it for the D, but he has obviously struggled without Brady.  But it's highly unlikely Howie/Lurie would bring on a "power player" as a HC and disrupt their little heirarchy. 

Howie/Lurie appear to want yes men as head coaches...and that's friggin terrible.  They forced Pederson's hand and likely hold sway over Sirianni.  That said, this structure also led to one SB win and another SB appearance.  So...🤷‍♂️

No.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

Frank Reich

Duce Staley

Josh McDaniels

Ken Dorsey

John DeFilippo

Josh McDaniels?  He's tanked two franchises and you put him on a list?  Guy should retire with Belicheck.

1 hour ago, Vee said:

Josh McDaniels?  He's tanked two franchises and you put him on a list?  Guy should retire with Belicheck.

I’m not sure what to think about McDaniels. One thing I know is that he is a terrible head coach but he has an excellent track record as an OC. Just not sure how much can be attributed to Brady. 

Siri needs a really talented offensive mind as the OC...that's not BJ.  I really hope they just bring in Reich to consult and get some fresh ideas.  And in the offseason there's a change but we'll see.

It's apparent that Siri is a good motivator and there are probably other strengths that make him a good Head Coach but offensive play design and play calling aren't his strength.  Look back to when he was calling plays last year the offense struggled.  Steichen took over and they ran the ball more and got more creative.  They promised promoting BJ would mean less drop off and bring consistency...it hasn't.  Siri and BJ design plays together and put the game plan together.  It seems that Siri thinks he can just rely on Hurts and the playmakers to make it happen, and the plays and calls are predictable.

Sirianni is going to be the next Sirianni. He hasn't procured an entire full program for years just yet. He hasn't top to bottom, had his hand in the organization with an offense HE developed.

9 hours ago, Vee said:

Offensively, he's had a lot of success.......I don't want him as a HC but as a offensive consultant to bring some creativity to this mess.

There's a reason he was hired, then fired by the Rams?  How are you defining a lot of success?  Whats his track record without Brady?