What if Sirianni is the next Bill Walsh?

JP HOF

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

The problem is there just isn't enough time to wait for guys to develop in the NFL or develop in another league for the NFL. These guys average like 3 yrs as a career in the NFL the way it is. Once in awhile you might get a guy to finally pull it together later in their career but, having 1 or 2 guys once in awhile isn't enough to dump money into a whole league for it. The NFL knows it and that's why they won't ever bother investing in another league, so that league will continue to fail. 

Yeah I get your point, but there is money there if the NFL were to play it right. College football is making money hand over fist by using 18-21 year old armatures. Many of those guys are not in school for a degree.

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah I get your point, but there is money there if the NFL were to play it right. College football is making money hand over fist by using 18-21 year old armatures. Many of those guys are not in school for a degree.

Yes and that is the nfls farm system. No sense in dumping money into a league full of undrafted guys when they can get developed talent for free from College. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yes and that is the nfls farm system. No sense in dumping money into a league full of undrafted guys when they can get developed talent for free from College. 

Maybe that’s the key for the USFL. Perhaps they shouldn’t try and battle with the NFL rather they could battle with college football instead. Go after those blue chip recruits instead of a bunch of former NFL reject players.

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Maybe that’s the key for the USFL. Perhaps they shouldn’t try and battle with the NFL rather they could battle with college football instead. Go after those blue chip recruits instead of a bunch of former NFL reject players.

Could be, for me personally after the NFL season is over I'm looking towards the next one and busy watching the other sports like basketball and baseball and going outside to enjoy the weather. Not sit inside and watch knock off football. 

What if Bill Walsh were the next Nick Sirianni? 

105438875-1536336503523screen-shot-2018-09-07-at-12.07.32-pm.jpg

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

What if Bill Walsh were the next Nick Sirianni? 

105438875-1536336503523screen-shot-2018-09-07-at-12.07.32-pm.jpg

Now you are just being silly

On 7/10/2021 at 6:44 AM, JP HOF said:

I get great vibes off him from the start despite all the abuse that came his way starting from his first press conference.  The greatest coaching legends in NFL history are for the most part really strange dudes, who possess skills and insights you'd never guess about when you hear them speak..

No one woulda thought Belichick would be what he turned out to be.   Or Lombardi, or Joe Gibbs, or Jimmy Johnson, or Parcells.  They all had a knack for growing a chemistry with their players, extraordinary people skills and instincts made these men beyond mortal.  

You kinda never knew what kind of leader you were getting when you hired them.  Sirianni, who knows?  but he obviously knows and loves the game and is ultimately competitive.  I for one wanted Doug fired more than anything, he was just a numbskull on gameday.  I am also optimistic about Hurts.  Who better for the Birds than an ultimate scrapper, what a step up from the spoiled bratboy Wentz.  and indications are it will be a balanced offense, something we've rarely seen!

I feel the Vegas over/under of 6 1/2 wins is an absolute gimme for the over.

happy football

Would you settle for Joe ?

spacer.png

22 hours ago, YubaEagle said:

What if he isn’t the next Bill Walsh?

then he'd live up to expectations.

the offense has grossly underachieved the last few years under Dizzy Doug.

Offenses in the NFL occasionally make a leap into the 30 points per game realm and if our o-line stays healthy and the QB isn't a fiasco I can possibly envison this.

then our defense just has to be competitive, this i worry about.

What if Sirianni is the next Lane Kiffin?

This is a ridiculous exercise.

He doesn't need to be Walsh.  Let's just hope he's a good HC.    

On 7/10/2021 at 7:44 PM, JP HOF said:

I feel the Vegas over/under of 6 1/2 wins is an absolute gimme for the over.

This is like when a crosseyed baby has a harelip but its mother believes it's the cutest baby she's ever seen. 

I'll be happy if he's the next Pederson. Have an OK 1st year then win the SB the following then wash rinse and repeat...

I don't care if he's "Bill Walsh", just win us another bowl

1 hour ago, eggs said:

I can’t believe I wasted time reading this. 

We need some real news. 

Par for the course for a JP HOF thread.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Par for the course for a JP HOF thread.

way to troll, keeping your perfect record intact.

5 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

False.  See my post on Saturday, actually discussing the topic.  You chose to focus on a post that I was not even talking to  you.

On 7/10/2021 at 3:52 PM, downundermike said:

Bill Walsh had a heck of a lot more experience coming into a HC gig, and his scheme redefined the NFL.  Not a chance Sirianni gets in the ballpark of Walsh.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

False.  See my post on Saturday, actually discussing the topic.  You chose to focus on a post that I was not even talking to  you.

no the last one was your usual personal insult.

4 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

no the last one was your usual personal insult.

No, you said the following

11 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

Which I proved false, because my first post in this thread was about the topic.  You chose to focus on my reply to another poster.  Why not address my reply from Saturday.

46 minutes ago, downundermike said:

No, you said the following

Which I proved false, because my first post in this thread was about the topic.  You chose to focus on my reply to another poster.  Why not address my reply from Saturday.

Welp, there it is. Basically 2 full pages of some people bashing the thread and some making legit comments. Ignores all of it and still gives no reason why he made the thread and backs none of it up. Then blames you for the thread turning to sheet. 

Told you in the PMs this would happen. 

There's nothing new or revolutionary about his offense

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

damn you 2 can't help yourselves.  Clowns.  hey if you don't like my optimistic threads, f u.

If he's the next Bill Walsh then at some point within the next 20 years he'll have a protege of a protege become a head coach who's really fat and has a walrus mustache who starts his press conferences with "time's yours"

• Like 1