Mailata vs. Dillard

GroundAttack

On 8/11/2021 at 8:41 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't disagree except the whole " well if he was a football guy" Howie has been dreaming of and working toward being an NFL GM since he was 9 years old and has been on the eagles staff for 20 something years. Calling him a non football guy at this point is kind of ridiculous. 

That being said Howie's sucks but, there is 100's of great football players that make absolutely terrible GMs. Just like there is coaches that never played a down of football past high school and they make damn good coaches. 

Michael Jordan was and is one of if not the greatest player in any sport of all time and he is a complete disaster when it comes to drafting good players. 

Bash Howie all you want but, being apart of and working towards where he is now for more then half of his life makes him a football guy. Hell he is more of a football guy then Mailata lol. 

Not being a "football guy" doesn't make Howie a bad GM.  Sucking at drafting makes Howie a bad GM, specifically a bad evaluator of talent.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Not being a "football guy" doesn't make Howie a bad GM.  Sucking at drafting makes Howie a bad GM, specifically a bad evaluator of talent.  

Yes, you worded it better lol. 

11 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I think if Smith, Watkins, McPhearson, Milton Williams, Sweat, Mailata etc turns into good players, Howie would have redeemed himself.

On 8/13/2021 at 8:30 AM, Jeep_man said:

I think if Smith, Watkins, McPhearson, Milton Williams, Sweat, Mailata etc turns into good players, Howie would have redeemed himself.

I wouldn’t go as far to say "redeem himself” but it does bring up his average (to a D).  String together a couple solid drafts (and most importantly hit on the early round picks) and then we’ll talk about redemption.  

• Like 2

In deference to Andre Dillard's daddy, Jordan Mailata, we can go ahead and file this thread in the garbage. There's no competition here.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm disappointed that we never really got to see Dillard at LT.  But he had a rough rookie year, never got planned playing time, missed 16 games last year, and is on the shelf for likely all of preseason this year, so that's all she wrote.  I think the book has been written.

37 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I'm disappointed that we never really got to see Dillard at LT.  But he had a rough rookie year, never got planned playing time, missed 16 games last year, and is on the shelf for likely all of preseason this year, so that's all she wrote.  I think the book has been written.

Having Jason Peters on the team really messed up Dillard's rookie year. Had Peters not been there, Dillard would have played the whole season as an LT and I feel he may have done OK. He held Khalil Mack in Check which was a great achievement on his own for a rookie. 

Mailata got more heart and toughness. Dillard is tough physically but mentally ain’t made of the same stuff as Mailata

Hi all from aus and could not see game. Did and how did Jordon play against Steele's

Thanks im a long time lurker on forum

2 hours ago, Che said:

Hi all from aus and could not see game. Did and how did Jordon play against Steele's

Thanks im a long time lurker on forum

I didn't watch the entire game, but the little that I did watch, Jordan looked good. If he becomes the starting left tackle, I'll be happy. To see him go from having never watched an American football game (of any level) to starting left tackle on an NFL team in only, what, 4 years? Amazing progress, amazing story. Even if he doesn't win the starting spot (which at this point, I expect him to), just the fact that he's on that brink, is a testament to his athleticism and intelligence (being a left tackle in the NFL takes both). 

I honestly believe that at this point, it's his position to lose and he doesn't seem like the type of man to lose it without a monumental fight. 

Australia has a lot to be proud of, in this young man. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Mailata got more heart and toughness. Dillard is tough physically but mentally ain’t made of the same stuff as Mailata

Yeah I can’t say he’s even physically tough either. Reports over the past two seasons were he’s been getting bull rushed by smaller defenders and on top of that he’s been hurt in TC twice now. He’s not tough mentally or physically. 

On 8/13/2021 at 8:30 AM, Jeep_man said:

Yes.  But we say that every year rattling off the list of young players from the most recent drafts.  Then it doesn’t happen.

17 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Australia has a lot to be proud of, in this young man. 

They gave us Ben Simmons too, so let’s not go overboard with gratitude here.

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

I don't follow the NBA, even a tiny bit. I think the last NBA game that I watched was a Bullets game that I went to... in 1978. 

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

True...but I think it's more a Simmons thing than Australia....I mean Matisse plays his ass off.  I made the comparison of Simmons to Giannis, same freaking size.....Giannis grew up poor, homeless and having to sell CD's on the streets with his brother for money.  Simmons was coddled and told how great he is.  Giannis has no fear of failure, will shoot 3's and not caring if he misses, he goes to the free throw line with crowds screaming 1, 2, 3, 4.......to 10.  And he wins MVP's and Championships.  Ben cries about a little criticism.  Ben would rather be told he was great than do the things to actually make him great.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYEagle said:

True...but I think it's more a Simmons thing than Australia....I mean Matisse plays his ass off.  I made the comparison of Simmons to Giannis, same freaking size.....Giannis grew up poor, homeless and having to sell CD's on the streets with his brother for money.  Simmons was coddled and told how great he is.  Giannis has no fear of failure, will shoot 3's and not caring if he misses, he goes to the free throw line with crowds screaming 1, 2, 3, 4.......to 10.  And he wins MVP's and Championships.  Ben cries about a little criticism.  Ben would rather be told he was great than do the things to actually make him great.

People need to stop comparing Ben and Ginannis, at this point Ben just effing sucks all on his own. They are both 6'11" that's where the comparison stops. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

People need to stop comparing Ben and Ginannis, at this point Ben just effing sucks all on his own. They are both 6'11" that's where the comparison stops. 

I'm just saying, Ben could be Giannis, Ben could be better than Giannis, problem is Ben doesn't give a flying F.  He'd rather be banging chicks, traveling around the world and doing anything OTHER THAN making himself better.  Beyond frustrating......

On 8/11/2021 at 8:41 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't disagree except the whole " well if he was a football guy" Howie has been dreaming of and working toward being an NFL GM since he was 9 years old and has been on the eagles staff for 20 something years. Calling him a non football guy at this point is kind of ridiculous. 

That being said Howie's sucks but, there is 100's of great football players that make absolutely terrible GMs. Just like there is coaches that never played a down of football past high school and they make damn good coaches. 

Michael Jordan was and is one of if not the greatest player in any sport of all time and he is a complete disaster when it comes to drafting good players. 

Bash Howie all you want but, being apart of and working towards where he is now for more then half of his life makes him a football guy. Hell he is more of a football guy then Mailata lol. 

Isn't it crazy that fans scream "Well Howie isn't a football guy!!," but when a retired football player gets a front office job fans scream "Well he has no experience!!"

Damned if you do Damned if you don't.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

Isn't it crazy that fans scream "Well Howie isn't a football guy!!," but when a retired football player gets a front office job fans scream "Well he has no experience!!"

Damned if you do Damned if you don't.

Howie sucks no ways around that lol. It's just something people say that gets on my nerves lol

How can a GM like Howie fix Chip's mistakes, win a Super Bowl, and win Executive of the Year only to make some of the worst decisions ever since then?

How do you lose that mojo so fast?

5 minutes ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

How can a GM like Howie fix Chip's mistakes, win a Super Bowl, and win Executive of the Year only to make some of the worst decisions ever since then?

How do you lose that mojo so fast?

That's called blowing your "load all in one shot" my friend lol. 

26 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

I'm just saying, Ben could be Giannis, Ben could be better than Giannis, problem is Ben doesn't give a flying F.  He'd rather be banging chicks, traveling around the world and doing anything OTHER THAN making himself better.  Beyond frustrating......

It is and Ben does have the potential to be the greatest of all time. That clearly is not the path he plans on taking though. 

After 2 MVPs and a championship along with a another MVP in the championship.

it's safe to say Ben won't ever reach Giannis level, that is why I said  other then being the same height there is no comparison. 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 10:53 AM, philafan4o8 said:

Is Dillard tough physically?  Because physically he got beat a lot as a rookie then in practice his second season before he was injured and then all summer again here in his 3rd season before he got injured again.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It is and Ben does have the potential to be the greatest of all time. That clearly is not the path he plans on taking though. 

After 2 MVPs and a championship along with a another MVP in the championship.

it's safe to say Ben won't ever reach Giannis level, that is why I said  other then being the same height there is no comparison. 

When you hear about Giannis, and some of the stuff he had to deal with growing up then you can understand how Ben will never be on his level. Ben for much of his life has been told he’s the best and due to his size he never had to work of the flaws of his game. Most of the time he’s been the best player out there, but the NBA is different. His overall game doesn’t fit in playoff basketball and unfortunately he’s been so coddled for so long and (most importantly) got paid big money for playing the way he does I just don’t see him changing at all. I doubt the Sixers will ever get the value they really want for this guy, but brining him back for another season would be a massive mistake for all involved. So much for the process. All of that losing and the Sixers still can’t get passed the second round and got one player out of it. Insult to injury is the process started when the Sixers traded Jrue Holiday a current NBA Champion. 

• Like 1

NSFW

Spoiler

There was a coach who had a puss and Dillard was his name-o

B....I....T.....C....H,

B....I.....T....C....H,

B....I....T....C....H,

...and Dillard was his name-o.