Mailata vs. Dillard

GroundAttack

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Over a month ago nothing was happening. I wrote back then the best case scenario is that both players are good so we won’t need to restructure Lane, and one can be the LT while the other is the RT. Since then Lane has been restructured, and Mialata seems to be clearly winning the battle. Oh well. 

Not sure what @GroundAttack is talking about.  I am a WSU fan, want Dillard to succeed and take the job, but it is quite clear from all reports that Mailata is winning by a country mile.

4 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I'll give it to you, in the plays shown he looked good, but how many offenive plays are there in a game, then when you mutily that by 16 you have a very small sample size.

Did you see every catch Justin Jefferson made last season? Are you contesting the ones you didn't see yourself? Herbig didn't even allow a single QB hit over the final 8 weeks and you want to dismiss video that not only shows him blocking effectively, but reading and reacting extremely well and understanding his assignment, because the video doesn't include every snap? Spoiler alert, he still doesn't allow a sack or QB hit. 

I know that in 2019, JP was no longer a Pro Bowl worthy player. In 2020, I still thought the Eagles were being smart bringing him back to fill some big voids. I was wrong. Looking back, it was almost criminal for him to start at LT ahead of Mailata and later at RG ahead of Herbig. JP, maybe the toe had some impact (IDK), was a huge liability last year when he played. Sticking with him as long as they did was one of several head-scratching personnel decisions the Eagles made last year. Others on my list are starting Gerry over Singleton, Jeffery over Fulgham, Hurts over Wentz (after the initial benching). A saboteur couldn't have done a better job than the Eagles in destroying the Eagles last season.

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Did you see every catch Justin Jefferson made last season? Are you contesting the ones you didn't see yourself? Herbig didn't even allow a single QB hit over the final 8 weeks and you want to dismiss video that not only shows him blocking effectively, but reading and reacting extremely well and understanding his assignment, because the video doesn't include every snap? Spoiler alert, he still doesn't allow a sack or QB hit. 

OK, I'll give the scrub the benefit of the doubt, I'd ike to see him at LG.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2021/08/dolphins-looking-to-trade-for-offensive-tackle

wonder if miami would give their 2nd round pick next season for dillard , since they need a LT. would be a decent return on a player that needs a new start. that would give the team 3 2nd's if the colts pick turns into the 2nd. 

3 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Eagles would be lucky to get a 4th or 5th for Dillard. 

Very very lucky. At this point they are probably just better off keeping him to be honest. Who knows maybe he gets it together enough to be an OK back up this year. Unless they think they have a better option on the current roster and then they may just want to cut him.

29 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I bet Howie keeps him for awhile because it'd just prove another wrong pick

I think that ship has sailed

14 hours ago, vaeagle2 said:

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2021/08/dolphins-looking-to-trade-for-offensive-tackle

wonder if miami would give their 2nd round pick next season for dillard , since they need a LT. would be a decent return on a player that needs a new start. that would give the team 3 2nd's if the colts pick turns into the 2nd. 

No chance any team gives up a 2nd for Dillard. 

4 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Dillard is back on the shelf, again, indefinitely.  So no one is going to trade anything at all for him.

Always hurt, and always getting beat in practice. Dude lacks mental and physical toughness. 

14 hours ago, vaeagle2 said:

We would do well to get a 6th round pick now.  Might be a 7th or even a conditional 7th.  The league knows he is a bust.

51 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Always hurt, and always getting beat in practice. Dude lacks mental and physical toughness. 

He might be a bigger bust then Danny Watikins. At least he brought good training camp news. 

10 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He might be a bigger bust then Danny Watikins. At least he brought good training camp news. 

We have been hearing about TC red flags based around Dillard since he was drafted. From the anger outbursts, to crying, and getting owned by a guy who can’t even make the roster in Ostman. It’s time to start realizing this kid doesn’t have it. 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

We have been hearing about TC red flags based around Dillard since he was drafted. From the anger outbursts, to crying, and getting owned by a guy who can’t even make the roster in Ostman. It’s time to start realizing this kid doesn’t have it. 

Not only does he just flat out suck, he is becoming an injury concern on top of it. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Not only does he just flat out suck, he is becoming an injury concern on top of it. 

The real concern for me is how people have been stating that this guy has been looking awful compared to Mialata, but it seems like the Eagles before the injury were determined to keep throwing him out there with the first team regardless of his play. I just hope that Rosemanisnt forcing the coaches to play guys for no reason other than their contracts or draft status. It really feels like Sirianni has no say over the roster at all. Probably why Doug lame ducked his way out of town. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Probably why Doug lame ducked his way out of town. 

I wonder about that whole scenario sometimes. Maybe dough truly was a complete idiot that couldn't pick his staff to save his life.

Judging by some of the guys they wanted fire and the guys Doug wanted to keep I'm not sure which was pulling the strings there 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I wonder about that whole scenario sometimes. Maybe dough truly was a complete idiot that couldn't pick his staff to save his life.

Judging by some of the guys they wanted fire and the guys Doug wanted to keep I'm not sure which was pulling the strings there 

I’m pretty certain it wasn’t Doug’s idea to completely flip his staff the way the team did. Once they fired his coaches he wanted out and the performance of the team showed it. Doug probably messed up promoting the guys he did, but it’s not like the guys they forced on him were any better. Ownership/management have too much say in the players in this group of players and possible coaching staff. Doug was saddled with Schwartz before he was even hired. Too much power by non NFL people.  

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m pretty certain it wasn’t Doug’s idea to completely flip his staff the way the team did. Once they fired his coaches he wanted out and the performance of the team showed it. Doug probably messed up promoting the guys he did, but it’s not like the guys they forced on him were any better. Ownership/management have too much say in the players in this group of players and possible coaching staff. Doug was saddled with Schwartz before he was even hired. Too much power by non NFL people.  

I don't disagree except the whole " well if he was a football guy" Howie has been dreaming of and working toward being an NFL GM since he was 9 years old and has been on the eagles staff for 20 something years. Calling him a non football guy at this point is kind of ridiculous. 

That being said Howie's sucks but, there is 100's of great football players that make absolutely terrible GMs. Just like there is coaches that never played a down of football past high school and they make damn good coaches. 

Michael Jordan was and is one of if not the greatest player in any sport of all time and he is a complete disaster when it comes to drafting good players. 

Bash Howie all you want but, being apart of and working towards where he is now for more then half of his life makes him a football guy. Hell he is more of a football guy then Mailata lol. 

17 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I bet Howie keeps him for awhile because it'd just prove another wrong pick

Yeah, he'll totally save face if he can bury a former 1st round pick on the depth chart for a few more seasons!

6 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't disagree except the whole " well if he was a football guy" Howie has been dreaming of and working toward being an NFL GM since he was 9 years old and has been on the eagles staff for 20 something years. Calling him a non football guy at this point is kind of ridiculous. 

That being said Howie's sucks but, there is 100's of great football players that make absolutely terrible GMs. Just like there is coaches that never played a down of football past high school and they make damn good coaches. 

Michael Jordan was and is one of if not the greatest player in any sport of all time and he is a complete disaster when it comes to drafting good players. 

Bash Howie all you want but, being apart of and working towards where he is now for more then half of his life makes him a football guy. Hell he is more of a football guy then Mailata lol. 

Howie has spent more time working the behind the scenes politics to gain power than he has making actual football decisions. That’s why he gets the praise when the Eagles are good, but when a player stinks people blame everyone but Howie. Where is his accountability? How is it his draft selections have been terrible, but the Eagles made no changes in that department? The coach was bad. He’s gone. The quarterback was bad. He’s now gone too. The GM was bad. He gets even more power. SMH