Mailata vs. Dillard

GroundAttack

Still waiting on that PAC-12 hyper-physicality to show up. Gonna be waiting a long time I guess...<_<

The Eagles actually traded up to draft Dillard and he can’t even beat out a guy who just learned how to play football. How does Howie still have a job? 

32 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Eagles actually traded up to draft Dillard and he can’t even beat out a guy who just learned how to play football. How does Howie still have a job? 

Stoutland is the one that approved of drafting him so... 

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Stoutland is the one that approved of drafting him so... 

Howie still made the pick. He’s vetoed his own scouts in the past. Howie doesn’t make the pick if he doesn’t think it’s the right one too. He has no plausible deniability. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Howie still made the pick. He’s vetoed his own scouts in the past. Howie doesn’t make the pick if he doesn’t think it’s the right one too. He has no plausible deniability. 

I know but stoutland was the only one that talked to Dillard no one else interviewed him or talked to him before hand. Stoutland called Dillard on the phone and then told Howie that he would be a great pick. I'm all for bashing Howie but, This one he actually trusted one of his coordinators judgement

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I know but stoutland was the only one that talked to Dillard no one else interviewed him or talked to him before hand. Stoutland called Dillard on the phone and then told Howie that he would be a great pick. I'm all for bashing Howie but, This one he actually trusted one of his coordinators judgement

Stoutland was told by Howie to facetime Dillard an hour before the pick.  No one interviewed him before the draft either in person or over the phone.  There was a complete lack of due diligence.  No this was all Howie's screw up and that of the personnel dept for not having talked to him prior to the draft.  Stoutland does not pick the players or Facetime prospects on draft day unless told to do so.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

To be fair to Howie, Dillard wasn't a reach at 22, he was ranked as a top 3 Offensive Tackle on most of the major draft scouting and Daniel Jeremiah had him ranked 12 or 13 overall prospect in his final top 50. I just think Mailata is a freak and Dillard can't play swing tackle. 

36 minutes ago, weko said:

Stoutland was told by Howie to facetime Dillard an hour before the pick.  No one interviewed him before the draft either in person or over the phone.  There was a complete lack of due diligence.  No this was all Howie's screw up and that of the personnel dept for not having talked to him prior to the draft.  Stoutland does not pick the players or Facetime prospects on draft day unless told to do so.

The week before the draft stoutland talked to him on the phone they didn't schedule an interview or a visit because they thought he would be long gone before the eagles picked. 

On draft day Dillard slid down the draft board and the eagles had a chance so Howie called stoutland and asked if he would back up drafting Dillard and stoutland did. 

33 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

To be fair to Howie, Dillard wasn't a reach at 22, he was ranked as a top 3 Offensive Tackle on most of the major draft scouting and Daniel Jeremiah had him ranked 12 or 13 overall prospect in his final top 50. I just think Mailata is a freak and Dillard can't play swing tackle. 

I’m not trying to imply Dillard was a reach only that they traded up to get him which means they targeted him and right now he’s seems to be another potential Roseman draft failure. 

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Howie has a draft board. It’s not Stoutlands job to select players. It’s his job to coach them. I’m pretty certain Stoutland backed Chance Warmack too. I’m good with that for one year try out contracts, but not on first round picks. 

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Howie has a draft board. It’s not Stoutlands job to select players. It’s his job to coach them. I’m pretty certain Stoutland backed Chance Warmack too. I’m good with that for one year try out contracts, but not on first round picks. 

Howie drafted him based off of stoutlands backing of Dillard though... Do you guys want Howie to listen to his coaches and other people or not? You guys complain when he doenst listen cause he isn't a football guy well he listens to a football guy  and you guys still ****. So not only did stoutland back Dillard up as a good pick he was also responsible for coaching him and he still sucks. Seems to me Stoutland had more to do with this pick then the guy who just wrote his name on a card and handed it to godell

If the Eagles were on the clock and owner Jeff Lurie or executive vice president of football operations suddenly asked Stoutland some crucial questions about Dillard, did he truly have the answers?

When Mr. Lurie or Howie asks me a question about a particular player, I better have an answer, that's my job," Stoutland said Monday. "With (Dillard), I needed more information.

What exactly was Stout looking for? 

"Just the football intelligence part of it and how important is the game, the whole makeup," he said. "I wanted to just double back on it all."

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Howie drafted him based off of stoutlands backing of Dillard though... Do you guys want Howie to listen to his coaches and other people or not? You guys complain when he doenst listen cause he isn't a football guy well he listens to a football guy  and you guys still ****. So not only did stoutland back Dillard up as a good pick he was also responsible for coaching him and he still sucks. Seems to me Stoutland had more to do with this pick then the guy who just wrote his name on a card and handed it to godell

I want Howie to listen to his scouts. Their job is to scout talent. The only coach I was okay with Howie listening to was Chip, because Chip just got finished coaching college players. Frankly it just feels like another layer Howie can hid behind by blaming Stoutland for Dillard. It’s not Stoutland’s job to scout Dillard. With that being the case of course he’d say yes. That’s one more player he gets to try and work with. He probably liked talking with the guy and he was rumored to be an upper level talent. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I want Howie to listen to his scouts. Their job is to scout talent. The only coach I was okay with Howie listening to was Chip, because Chip just got finished coaching college players. Frankly it just feels like another layer Howie can hid behind by blaming Stoutland for Dillard. It’s not Stoutland’s job to scout Dillard. With that being the case of course he’d say yes. That’s one more player he gets to try and work with. He probably liked talking with the guy and he was rumored to be an upper level talent. 

He did listen to the scouts though... That's why they didn't bother doing their normal interview like with other potential draft picks because they thought he was going to be gone way before they picked.   They had stoutland call him anyways just in case he did fall and he did. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He did listen to the scouts though... That's why they didn't bother doing their normal interview like with other potential draft picks because they thought he was going to be gone way before they picked.   They had stoutland call him anyways just in case he did fall and he did. 

Well he fell and Howie moved up to get him. Stoutland didn’t make the move up. Howie did that all on his own. No matter how you slice it Howie drafted the player. 

Well he fell and Howie moved up to get him. Stoutland didn’t make the move up. Howie did that all on his own. No matter how you slice it Howie drafted the player. 

Ok who cares. It wasn't a reach and it wasn't a bad pick at the time. Just cause he sucks now doesn't change then

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Ok who cares. It wasn't a reach and it wasn't a bad pick at the time. Just cause he sucks now doesn't change then

Again I am not stating he was a reach. He’s just another bad pick in the lines of many Howie bad picks. Sidney Jones wasn’t a reach. He was just another bad Howie pick. 

Again I am not stating he was a reach. He’s just another bad pick in the lines of many Howie bad picks. Sidney Jones wasn’t a reach. He was just another bad Howie pick. 

Oh well he isn't going anywhere

Oh well he isn't going anywhere

Well there’s been trade rumors for the guy going on like two seasons now. I’m just hoping the don’t go with him even if he’s clearly outplayed by Mialata, because he’s not going anywhere and he’s a first round pick. Like I mentioned someplace else I keep reading about the Eagles signing other teams former second round picks and I can’t help but wonder why JJAW is still here. If his status and pay are more important than his play then that’s a bigger issue. I guess we will know by September. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well there’s been trade rumors for the guy going on like two seasons now. I’m just hoping the don’t go with him even if he’s clearly outplayed by Mialata, because he’s not going anywhere and he’s a first round pick. Like I mentioned someplace else I keep reading about the Eagles signing other teams former second round picks and I can’t help but wonder why JJAW is still here. If his status and pay are more important than his play then that’s a bigger issue. I guess we will know by September. 

I meant Howie not Dillard lol. Dillard can effing go now lol. Howie can go to we just knowno he isn't lol

I meant Howie not Dillard lol. Dillard can effing go now lol. Howie can go to we just knowno he isn't lol

Yeah…. I don’t know who Howie has pictures of, but he’s clearly entrenched here for a long time to come. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah…. I don’t know who Howie has pictures of, but he’s clearly entrenched here for a long time to come. 

Not a whole lot we can do about it except complain. Since that's all we can do I try to at least focus on the things he does well and the sometimes brilliant moves he does make. 

28 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Not a whole lot we can do about it except complain. Since that's all we can do I try to at least focus on the things he does well and the sometimes brilliant moves he does make. 

The owner doesn’t speak a lot, but the media grilled him on Howie the last time he spoke. One can only hope he gets tired of it. 

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The owner doesn’t speak a lot, but the media grilled him on Howie the last time he spoke. One can only hope he gets tired of it. 

Agreed, Lurie at the moment I have a bigger problem with 

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Agreed, Lurie at the moment I have a bigger problem with 

Yeah Howie isn’t going anywhere as long as Lurie is here.