Minshew Mania: Eagles trade 2022 conditional 6th to Jags for Gardner Minshew

Agent23

Yep. Glad Mullens is gone. He sucks. This has to be an upgrade.

Conditional 6th round pick.

• Like 2

Fantastic move by Howie to provide young depth at the most important position in sports. 

• Like 5

Really like Minshew and feel like he can be a starter in the right situation.  Just don't get why we did it when we already have Flacco.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Really like Minshew and feel like he can be a starter in the right situation.  Just don't get why we did it when we already have Flacco.  

Different type of backup than Flacco; more mobility. Gives them more options.

Bargain price IMO. I like it.

• Like 7

Makes me think Eagles are including Hurts in a trade for Watson that is coming over the next 2 weeks and since Watson is likely to be suspended for most if not the entire season that is why they have Minshew and Flacco.  

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Makes me think Eagles are including Hurts in a trade for Watson that is coming over the next 2 weeks and since Watson is likely to be suspended for most if not the entire season that is why they have Minshew and Flacco.  

The conspiracy theorist in me says that’s why they didn’t start hurts at all during preseason. Wanted to keep him healthy for the trade…..

🤔 🧐 

4 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Nope. Just, nope. 

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

If you just TRADED for a 3rd string QB, no, it's not a bargain price, they absolutely overpaid. 

Who is to say Flacco isn’t now the 3?

Nice!

22 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Bye bye Mullins

Mullins is awful 

• Thanks 1

Better than any QB Howie would have drafted in the 6th. So I guess good deal

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Gotcha, So we're a bad team who's not going to make the playoffs, who traded for a 2nd stringer so the guy we're paying a decent chunk can be a PS/3rd stringer.

Still not a good look for the team

If you think this team doesn’t have playoff chances in THIS division, you’re wrong. 

• Like 3

They brought Flacco in mainly to be the vet QB for the young guy to learn off. You still need vet leadership in the QB room much like McCown and Foles were for Wentz. Minshew is the backup with starting experience that fits the offense they want to run 

• Like 1

This was a good move and I suggested this move a couple of weeks ago.  Minshew's style is a lot like Hurts, so it will be easy for the OL to block for him if Hurts goes down.  I think Minshew is better than Flacco at this point. So, now it will be interesting to see what happens there.  I don't think Flacco will be happy being the #3. So, they might just cut bait.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

This was a good move and I suggested this move a couple of weeks ago.  Minshew's style is a lot like Hurts, so it will be easy for the OL to block for him if Hurts goes down.  I think Minshew is better than Flacco at this point. So, now it will be interesting to see what happens there.  I don't think Flacco will be happy being the #3. So, they might just cut bait.

Yeah they aren’t married to flacco.  He cannot run the same offense no matter how much they want to say he can.  I can see them moving on from him in a couple weeks.  

28 minutes ago, Vee said:

I’d say goodbye to Mullens, but wouldn’t be sad to see either backup go….

Flacco played well last night (and in the first pre season game).  He's likely here for only 2021.  Minshew has an opportunity to play his way into being here as the #2 beyond that.  I can't see him ever becoming more than a #2, even if Hurts falls flat - I'd assume we'd draft someone new.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Gotcha, So we're a bad team who's not going to make the playoffs, who traded for a 2nd stringer so the guy we're paying a decent chunk can be a PS/3rd stringer.

Still not a good look for the team

A "decent chunk” is a one year deal when we’re under the cap?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

No chance